STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

That's cool, too. I was on that same tip: chicken, beef, shrimp, scallops, lobster? I was all for that and I'll respect anyone's choices to eat those if they respect mine.

And, in all honesty, a lot of vegan imitation foods that I've tried simply don't match up in taste imo. Some are okay, while others aren't. For instance, vegetarian ground beef (depending on the brand) is actually okay but I still don't think it matches up well with the real thing in terms of taste. Still, I don't mind it and it gets the job done.

That, and I think reaching daily goals for protein and caloric intake requires more food with a vegan diet and probably not as tasty (some variation or form of vegetables, quinoa, nuts, protein bars/shakes vs meat, milk, eggs etc.). 

No joke! I asked my sister in law how she managed to get her protein and she goes "I eat a lot of beans". I'm persoanlly thinking "just eat a damn chicken breast" lol....."Or a couple cans of tuna"....

Do you....but that ain't me lol.

Got what?

There is just no reason to post in here anymore.
frown.gif

Went ham on shoulders and legs today.

Ohp
Barx2x10
95x5
135x3
165x1
185x1
205x1 (pr)

135x2x8
95x2x10

Finished with a lotta shoulder accessories and leg assecories and cardio.

#volumesundays

Fml, was almost to 100s before injury incline db.

35 6x15

Some shoulder press with the same weight and reps

Bunch various cables rows and some struggle farmer carries. :lol:

I love "Epic" plant based protein. Even if you're not vegan you might want to avoid the hormones and such of factory farm milk.

Just my $.02: even though I'm a vegan I think the healthiest diet would be ovo-pescatarianism. I don't eat fake meat and am over 200 lbs with a 350+ squat and 450+ DL for reps.

I love "Epic" plant based protein. Even if you're not vegan you might want to avoid the hormones and such of factory farm milk.

Just my $.02: even though I'm a vegan I think the healthiest diet would be ovo-pescatarianism. I don't eat fake meat and am over 200 lbs with a 350+ squat and 450+ DL for reps.

This is a strong case for non milk drinkers. The debate continues

Can you elaborate on "fake meat" for me? 

Your weight and numbers don't have anything to do with being vegan... 

I want to see someone thats jacked and vegan, I don't think its the easiest of things to do.

Can you elaborate on "fake meat" for me? 

Your weight and numbers don't have anything to do with being vegan... 

I want to see someone thats jacked and vegan, I don't think its the easiest of things to do.

That's my point; my weight and numbers have little to do with being vegan. In terms of fake meat, I don't eat vegan chikn, beef, etc. or even tofu. I will have an occasional "garden" type burger, but it's rare and almost never an imitation beef burger as much as a patty of grains and veggies.

You know the football player Arian Foster?

That's my point; my weight and numbers have little to do with being vegan. In terms of fake meat, I don't eat vegan chikn, beef, etc. or even tofu. I will have an occasional "garden" type burger, but it's rare and almost never an imitation beef burger as much as a patty of grains and veggies.

You know the football player Arian Foster?
Ohhhhh my bad I thought you meant something else.

Yes I know who a world class athlete is lol I would say he is not your average vegan considering his whole life was dedicated to being an athlete and it was his job, not to mention he had pretty good genetics. But just for arguments sake how long has he been a vegan? 

Where do you get your protein from? Nuts? Do they have vegan protein powder?  

trail2.jpg

I know Foster is/was an amazing athlete but his physique is not that impressive vegan or not.

Also considering he ate meat the majority of his life and the fact that he's very likely to have used gear being an NFL player, not really the greatest example.

I respect the thought process behind being vegan but I don't think it's conducive to any strength or athletic performance.

Can you be a good athlete/pretty strong while being vegan? Absolutely.

But there is a reason that all of the strongest people/elite athletes are overwhelmingly not.

Ohhhhh my bad I thought you meant something else.

Yes I know who a world class athlete is lol I would say he is not your average vegan considering his whole life was dedicated to being an athlete and it was his job, not to mention he had pretty good genetics. But just for arguments sake how long has he been a vegan? 

Where do you get your protein from? Nuts? Do they have vegan protein powder?  

Well you did say you wanted to see a jacked vegan. He's just probably the most well known example, but obviously google image has more.

Yea I eat a lot of nuts, beans, grains, and protein powder. Quinoa, almonds, pumpkin seeds, black beans do most of the heavy lifting. Also gluten

trail2.jpg

I know Foster is/was an amazing athlete but his physique is not that impressive vegan or not.

Also considering he ate meat the majority of his life and the fact that he's very likely to have used gear being an NFL player, not really the greatest example.

I respect the thought process behind being vegan but I don't think it's conducive to any strength or athletic performance.

But there is a reason that all of the strongest people/elite athletes are overwhelmingly not.

I think being vegan can have a lot of athletic benefits, but if you want to be as big or strong as possible, it's definitely not beneficial. I'm sure it could be done but it would be a lot harder and even more expensive.

Being vegan is something I could never do. I love meat too much. Couldn't even date someone that was vegan 
laugh.gif
. No disrespect to anyone who does it. So much  harder to get your required needs to support your physique from what ppl have told me.

What do you guys think of Frank Medrano since we are on the vegan subject? Dude has some legit muscle tone to him. Granted not running back built.

These are the main points I was getting at.

I would never go full vegan

But I have bouts of it for fun

I am a bit more conscious of food and materials I use these days because of learning more bout vegan lifestyle

Back
Top Bottom