STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Ain't nothing front with missing a squat ahat ahat better than punking out.

Pull-ups 5x5

Weighted dips
185+45 3x5
185+25 3x5

Incline bench
135 10x5
155 3x5

Pecdeck
85 3x15
75x15

Simple killer

Truth. I knew it was gonna be one of those days, it be like that sometimes tho. Gonna get back after it sunday with front squats. Im starting to like those a lot

**** I had one yesterday. Sometimes you just gotta roll with it. As long as you get sore you still left stronger.

Man front squats are nice, watch once you start packing on some weight your back squat will sky rocket. I'm gonna back squat heavy a while until I stall out then I'm gonna max out my front squat for a few months and I bet I'll be able to hit another plate on back squats.

I have some huge knots in the middle of my back .

bruh lmk if you find a solution to this, im at work just waiting to leave
I thought I was the only person who dealt with this! Ive been trying to find a way around this. I usually get this when I do incline chest workouts with dumbbells for some reason. I have a massager but that doesn't help me. I was considering on buying a lacrosse ball to roll out that one section on my back. This pain lasts like a week even a lil over a week, is this the same for you guys too?

Just jumped on the scale for the first time in months. I'm 193. :lol: I didn't get fat anything but I thought my upper body looked bigger. It's night so we'll say I'm roughly 190.

I thought I was the only person who dealt with this! Ive been trying to find a way around this. I usually get this when I do incline chest workouts with dumbbells for some reason. I have a massager but that doesn't help me. I was considering on buying a lacrosse ball to roll out that one section on my back. This pain lasts like a week even a lil over a week, is this the same for you guys too?

Ive done foam rollling and they help but itll last for a few days or so. Might have to try that golf /lacrosse ball out one day.

For me its not pain, more of a tightness with a nice tingly feeling in my midback.
Ill stretch and it feels good but then it gets back to being tight.

If i could afford it, id get a massage every week :lol:

Yeah the massager was a gift from my girl bought at Brookstone. My fault I should have mentioned it was a hand held massager haha I would not mind getting a back massage from a spa though! However, the massager kinda makes my skin itchy and irritated so i stopped using it for a while

Yeah the massager was a gift from my girl bought at Brookstone. My fault I should have mentioned it was a hand held massager haha I would not mind getting a back massage from a spa though! However, the massager kinda makes my skin itchy and irritated so i stopped using it for a while

Na I understood what you were saying lol, those things never work so i never bothered getting one :lol: My cousin got the one that you put directly lay out onto the chair, didnt do ish lol

I was just enjoying the idea of getting a mssage every week lol

Every time I flat bench heavy I feel some pain in my back once I'm done the rep/set, putting the bar back on the rack. I only feel the pain when I push the bar up (feels like a tension pain) then when I drop the bar on the rack, the tension releases, but that release is like a shooting/sharp pain. It's like in my middle back under my shoulder blade. Only on one side though. Not sure what it is. I only feel this on the flat bench. Never the incline.

still can't walk pain free from this calf contusion.

I used to laugh when i saw football injuries "contusion out 2 weeks" Like a bruise??? a bruise got you out that long ok....but good lord. This has been the most frustrating injury. It literally feels like a 24-7 cramp. The lump in my calf muscle is still there and it will be 2 weeks on saturday :smh:.

They told me could take anywhere from 3-12 weeks to fully heal....ive already missed 5 soccer games :lol: can't be injured this long

Na I understood what you were saying lol, those things never work so i never bothered getting one
laugh.gif
My cousin got the one that you put directly lay out onto the chair, didnt do ish lol

I was just enjoying the idea of getting a mssage every week lol
You gotta find the noncommercial spots. Places like Hand and Stone and Massage Envy be like $60 per hour before tip. I could do that once a month.

But some places will give you the full hour for $35. Much more doable and they probably work harder to keep your business.

Last edited:

I used to laugh when i saw football injuries "contusion out 2 weeks" Like a bruise??? a bruise got you out that long ok....but good lord. This has been the most frustrating injury. It literally feels like a 24-7 cramp. The lump in my calf muscle is still there and it will be 2 weeks on saturday
mean.gif

They told me could take anywhere from 3-12 weeks to fully heal....ive already missed 5 soccer games
laugh.gif
can't be injured this long
I've missed 4 games so far with a groin injury
mean.gif

Every time I flat bench heavy I feel some pain in my back once I'm done the rep/set, putting the bar back on the rack. I only feel the pain when I push the bar up (feels like a tension pain) then when I drop the bar on the rack, the tension releases, but that release is like a shooting/sharp pain. It's like in my middle back under my shoulder blade. Only on one side though. Not sure what it is. I only feel this on the flat bench. Never the incline.
Under your shoulder blade or below it? If it's underneath your shoulder blade, that's where your subscapularis (rotator cuff muscle) is located. It helps stabilize the shoulder during internal rotation. If it's below your shoulder blade, it could be your trapezius (low fibers), rhomboids or latissimus dorsi.  

I would try searching some good lat stretches and give those a shot. The lats are heavily involved during the bench press as stabilizers and might just be tight. They're also an internal rotator of the humerus. This is a good lat stretch:

Just make sure you feel the stretch along the lats and not the shoulder capsule.

I used to laugh when i saw football injuries "contusion out 2 weeks" Like a bruise??? a bruise got you out that long ok....but good lord. This has been the most frustrating injury. It literally feels like a 24-7 cramp. The lump in my calf muscle is still there and it will be 2 weeks on saturday :smh: .

They told me could take anywhere from 3-12 weeks to fully heal....ive already missed 5 soccer games :lol: can't be injured this long

I've missed 4 games so far with a groin injury:smh:

groin is the worst. I partially tore my hip flexor in high school. Not only was it super painful....but so awkward in PT when everyone is all up in your crotch to check it out.

sidenote: I feel like a tank top at the gym should be earned. idk why probably because i always feel like im scrawny and when i see people smaller then me in tank tops im like id never wear that unless i was yoked

I used to laugh when i saw football injuries "contusion out 2 weeks" Like a bruise??? a bruise got you out that long ok....but good lord. This has been the most frustrating injury. It literally feels like a 24-7 cramp. The lump in my calf muscle is still there and it will be 2 weeks on saturday :smh: .

groin is the worst. I partially tore my hip flexor in high school. Not only was it super painful....but so awkward in PT when everyone is all up in your crotch to check it out.
I've been out 6 weeks with a knee injury. My worst fear is that it's a ligament tear cause I still feel discomfort. This happened a week before I was to go on trial for a club :stoneface:

I've been hearing stem cell treatments work wonders for ACL and other ligament tears. Cuts the healing process in half and you can completely avoid surgery. If that becomes a common treatment
nthat.gif

I've been out 6 weeks with a knee injury. My worst fear is that it's a ligament tear cause I still feel discomfort. This happened a week before I was to go on trial for a club :stoneface:

damb man i feel for all the fellow footballers (soccer) in here. Did you hurt it playing? Were you on artificial grass by any chance?

Been on stronglifts for about a few months now, but been dealing with a bit of lower back inflammation as of late. Doctor advised me to chill on the free weights for about 3 weeks or so, but is there anything y'all would recommend doing, exercise-wise, in the meantime? Feels like this time is gonna go by so slow :lol:

I went on a hike last Saturday and tried to hoop on Sunday. Ended up spraining my knee hella bad. Can't even walk right. Feels like there's a pebble in my right knee **** is mad irritating.

Think I haven't been stretching enough and my body is letting me know. Been hitting the gym really hard for the past 6 months with not much running, hooping, or stretching. **** really took a toll. Been had lower back pain for like 3 weeks now. **** is excruciating. It feels better cuz I've been stretching like crazy recently, but yeah, don't forget to stretch y'all.

Gunna stay out of the gym for like 3 weeks. Might go 2-3 days a week and just do really low weights with high volume til I feel better. **** sucks cuz I made hella progress and now I feel like Ima lose it :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Just don't stretch your lower back. Best way to treat strained lower back is to just keep moving. Apply heat once in a while. @SoHi 23

I feel you on the running taking its toll. I just bought a Schwinn AirDyne stationary bike to help split up the impact my legs when I choose to run.

been considering taking gear... just to see what it is like. If I do it I want a doctor to monitor my overall health.

During the balco days i wanted to take gear

Saw the gains the usa track team was making.... Talking about seeing significant gains in a week

Back
Top Bottom