STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Anyone work the night shift and hit the gym? When do you normally workout, before or after work? I normally go when i get out of work, but thinking to switch it up next week and go before.

Went to the doctor and she said i have patello femoral syndrome :frown:

Explains why i been having discomfort the past couple weeks in my right knee/leg.

Damn bro, is it something serious?

From what she was telling me not really.if i understood correctly, your shin bone has to be lined up with the patella (knee cap) and my right ones off a lil bit. Running and hiking (up and down hill) will aggravate it. Thats what ive been doing the past couple weeks, going up and down hill with wheelbarrows fill of wood and topsoil so it makes sense.

She examined my knee and leg and said nothings torn. Its not really pain its more discomfort. Just gotta rest a lil and tape it up. I was lowkey shook i tore something.

From what she was telling me not really.if i understood correctly, your shin bone has to be lined up with the patella (knee cap) and my right ones off a lil bit. Running and hiking (up and down hill) will aggravate it. Thats what ive been doing the past couple weeks, going up and down hill with wheelbarrows fill of wood and topsoil so it makes sense.

She examined my knee and leg and said nothings torn. Its not really pain its more discomfort. Just gotta rest a lil and tape it up. I was lowkey shook i tore something.

I had the same thing going on a while back bro. It took rest, rehab, switching up my leg day workouts, and proper warming up/stretching and I'm back and better than ever. Still gets aggravated if I'm out in the field for work but it's not terrible. I just have to ice my knee anytime I start feeling discomfort

I had the same thing going on a while back bro. It took rest, rehab, switching up my leg day workouts, and proper warming up/stretching and I'm back and better than ever. Still gets aggravated if I'm out in the field for work but it's not terrible. I just have to ice my knee anytime I start feeling discomfort

What did you do for rehab? You went to PT? Doc mentioned that but i dunno how i feel about that. I havent done squats in a couple weeks, gonna do some this coming week tho at like 50%. Its definitely all this uphill/downhill ish i been doing.

I stretch pretty good before and after but ima start taping my knee and icing it after.

Atleast nothings torn man, thats a plus. Seems like you just need to rest or switch up your schedule a bit...easy fix

What did you do for rehab? You went to PT? Doc mentioned that but i dunno how i feel about that. I havent done squats in a couple weeks, gonna do some this coming week tho at like 50%. Its definitely all this uphill/downhill ish i been doing.

I stretch pretty good before and after but ima start taping my knee and icing it after.

Went to a sports specific PT like twice. He helped me with my squat form and told me to do some box squats and not to go past 225 until my knee was feeling better. The good thing about this PT is they didn't try to force me to keep coming back. Man straight up told me "I'm gonna help you with your form, give you some stuff to do on your own, and if your knee isn't feeling better in a few weeks feel free to come back but you don't have to." Also he let me know not to do leg extensions because they would aggravate my knee even worse. Other than that I just took it easy on legs for a while and eased back into it once I started feeling better.

Went to a sports specific PT like twice. He helped me with my squat form and told me to do some box squats and not to go past 225 until my knee was feeling better. The good thing about this PT is they didn't try to force me to keep coming back. Man straight up told me "I'm gonna help you with your form, give you some stuff to do on your own, and if your knee isn't feeling better in a few weeks feel free to come back but you don't have to." Also he let me know not to do leg extensions because they would aggravate my knee even worse. Other than that I just took it easy on legs for a while and eased back into it once I started feeling better.

Word word. Someone at the gym mentioned that about leg extensions once but i didnt really pay it no mind. Def gonna stay away from those and just do squats @ 2plates for now.

Appreciate the insight bro

Progress report as some may know I herniated my disc 6 months ago. Deadlifting conventional heard that snap Dropped to the ground.
Well yesterday the program I'm on called for dead lifts. I've been doing a little conventional that I started about 2 months ago. Never going over 185
It was still hurting a bit to do them. Couple weeks ago switched back to sumo (the one I was always more comfortable with) and noticed i didn't feel pain.

Got under it yesterday. 315 for 10 sumo. Dn felt good to be back but I was cautious and a little scared not going to lie.
I don't think I'll ever go over 315 again but just good to know 6 MO this ago I couldn't walk without pain killers a brace and holding on to rails and chairs

Just hit a 355 squat. Pr :pimp: I'll try for 375 next time it wasn't hard.

500x1000px-LL-df72ebd7_IMG_7611.GIF

I remember when you were a shaky warrior under far lighter weight.

You're growing up in front of our eyes b :frown::Good ****!

I learned to embrace the weight on my back instead of fear it. That **** will go up. :pimp:

Y'all would crack up if you saw my outfit. I look like I just stepped off a boat or something and was just driving by anytime so I stopped. Some dude was looking at me like wtf... no belt or none of that.

been getting my flat bench up these days.

last week I hit 205 5x5 and today i just hit 210 6x5. gonna do incline bench my next push day but after that i'll try to go for 215 5x5.

Shout outs to my gym for getting a swiss bar. I can't barbell bench after a certain weight because of my shoulders. With the swiss bar? All is well. Dope!

We all have knee problems lmao.

I hit 245x5 again last week, my knee hasn't been giving me any problems.

Leg extensions, I'd stray from until it's back 100%. It sucks because I feel like my left leg has to pick up the slack for my right leg. But...After 4-6 months I'm squatting again. No pain.

Went ham last night at this sushi place. Pay one price per person and all you do is check off how much you want from the menu. When your done they bring you another paper for more. Ate atleast 24 pieces of sushi

Back on the grind. Did some soul searching and decided I can buck up and beat this job. I spent my days off (after working 10 days in a row) meal prepping and game planning. Brought a damn backpack with one of those thermal safe bags inside to work. Whenever I needed to eat, I would tell my training dude, "you go ahead and take a smoke break, I'll meet up with you in a min." and I proceeded to stuff my face with glorious macros. Had enough energy after my 12 hours to hit the gym finally. As long as I can eat during the day, there should be no excuses not to get it in. meal prepping is just gonna have to be a way of life from now on.

Anyways, Getting back into it chest day

Some vigorous stretching
(Everything 5X10)
Flat Bench
Incline Bench
dumbell bench press
machine press
some new floor dumbbell fly (see video below)
cable fly's
(motherflubber :smile: I forgot to do dips damn it)
isometric pushups until failure
Then I whooped some lil 10 year olds in some hoops 2-30, then 4-30

I had never tried this floor fly variation before. Stretched the hell out of my pecs for freal. From 32second mark to 1:14

Last edited:
Hit some dl today. Nothing crazy just felt like not killing myself.

425x2x2
445x2x2

2"deficit 315 3x3

Bunch of pull-ups and bb row after and like 150 reps on the double handle lat pull down just for a bicep/lat burn. Kept the weight real light and would go to failure and drop weight. Started at 50 pounds per hand.

Back
Top Bottom