STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

They both facing forward but both hands are never really symmetric. I want the two dumbells to be in a straight line but they never are. My forearms always turn when I raise the dumbbell

You're probably lacking external rotation on one your shoulders. Don't force it. There's literally no added benefit of doing a shoulder press like this:

index.jpg

vs this

maxresdefault.jpg

or even this

neutral-grip-seated-shoulder-press.jpg

The first guy is doing it with externally rotated and abducted shoulders. Much tougher on the shoulder for most. Second guy is doing it in the scapular plane, which is a much more stable position. Last guy is using a neutral/hammer which is also a more stable position.

Our bodies typically aren't symmetrical. You're probably lacking mobility on one side or have a structural limitation somewhere. Don't force ROM, especially with weights in your hands above your head. The shoulder doesn't like that. There are safer ways to regain mobility., by stretching and strengthening.

Exactly, no sense tearing your shoulders up.

Do a super set with the last two positions 5x10x10 if you wanna wreck your shoulders in a good way.

You're probably lacking external rotation on one your shoulders. Don't force it. There's literally no added benefit of doing a shoulder press like this:

index.jpg

vs this

maxresdefault.jpg

or even this

neutral-grip-seated-shoulder-press.jpg

The first guy is doing it with externally rotated and abducted shoulders. Much tougher on the shoulder for most. Second guy is doing it in the scapular plane, which is a much more stable position. Last guy is using a neutral/hammer which is also a more stable position.

I lift like picture 2. When I lockout, my palms just face different directions. Heavy or light weight

I lift like picture 2. When I lockout, my palms just face different directions. Heavy or light weight

Our bodies typically aren't symmetrical. You're probably lacking mobility on one side or have a structural limitation somewhere. Don't force ROM, especially with weights in your hands above your head. The shoulder doesn't like that. There are safer ways to regain mobility., by stretching and strengthening.

Hit some dl tonight. Bunch of singles at 455 then a 3x3 at 365 2” deficit.

Dude next to me was pulling 455 for paused doubles. Made me feel like a ho. He also had 75 pounds on me. :lol:

What you guys doing for hamstrings? I did some pendlay rows and felt my hams today. Made me realize I never feel it there

You’ll figure it out man. It’s not really that hard. Even if you’re eating too little and lifting hard you’re still gonna profit.

Just play around with it.
Right, agreed. Think it's all a journey to see what works and what doesn't.
One things for sure is that the whole grind is addicting. Just seeing the slightest bit of results makes me want to keep increasing the effort and take it to the next level. Hopefully I can find something that works.

Imagine 5 or 10 years. I see old pics and laugh. :lol:
Haha man I can only imagine how things will be then. It hasn't even been a year yet and I'm so excited to see how things have gone. Going to try and post another progress pic on the 1 year anniversary to see how things are going.

Love popping in here tho

You can blow up (in a good way) since you’re new to lifting.

Idk what your goals are but I always suggest strong lifts 5x5 for your first year.
I'm still a bit new to this, is there a specific workout plan or workout you followed for 5x5? I'm assuming it's something that's not probably as easy to do at home and better for a gym

I'm still a bit new to this, is there a specific workout plan or workout you followed for 5x5? I'm assuming it's something that's not probably as easy to do at home and better for a gym

5x5 is good to build a base/foundation for your strength. Don’t stress too mucvjh over a program. Experiment and find what you like and don’t like according to your goal.

The most important factor you should be looking for first is enjoying lifting imo.

But if you really want a program, watch this and see the description

5x5 is good to build a base/foundation for your strength. Don’t stress too mucvjh over a program. Experiment and find what you like and don’t like according to your goal.

The most important factor you should be looking for first is enjoying lifting imo.

But if you really want a program, watch this and see the description

Any good links/vids y'all recommend checking out to get acquainted?

Back
Top Bottom