STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

E8C7D044-9FAE-45D8-8E99-F89BF5951CF7.jpeg

time to touch some real weights again.
Eventually I’ll purchase 1 pair of 45s and another pair of 55s.

Last edited:
Local suppliers are even out.
Home gym was always thought about but who knows how long this goes on. Mats, foldable rack, iron weights (they were out of rubber and competition plates are expensive AF), 1000lb capacity bar (out of standard bar), adjustable bench, 25lb kettlebell, weighted vest - all in about $1100.
Good quality stuff and I’ve been to several gyms they outfitted.

This will do.

Attachments

• CCDAABB2-FF29-4244-BD8C-E33644D382E4.jpeg
    CCDAABB2-FF29-4244-BD8C-E33644D382E4.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 200
Local suppliers are even out.
Home gym was always thought about but who knows how long this goes on. Mats, foldable rack, iron weights (they were out of rubber and competition plates are expensive AF), 1000lb capacity bar (out of standard bar), adjustable bench, 25lb kettlebell, weighted vest - all in about $1100.
Good quality stuff and I’ve been to several gyms they outfitted.

This will do.

that’s pretty dope

getback getback are those mats you got from amazon spongy? Like if I deadlifted will my feet sink into the mats?

I wouldn't deadlift on them. I've squatted on them so they're pretty stable for your feet. But if you drop plates they'll puncture. If you're gonna DL on them, buy one harder mat (like a horse stall mat) to put on top for added protection.

Or you could use something like this for the whole area. These are similar to what you'd find in a commercial gym. They have an interlocking style too.

Amazon product ASIN B07ND5P4Y4

what's the difference between the squat poles you have to kinda deadbolt in to walls and the squat cages price wise?
which is better if you're not getting the expensive heavy duty cage

Everybody have a good Saturday fitness wise?
got some squats in. skipped cardio again cuz f it

For one maybe the squat reach bolted into the walls has a much less weight capacity?
Also no safety pins if you fail but you can just throw the weight off your back.

correct me if I’m wrong as these are just my assumptions

I have Insanity but interested in something that is more muscle building/ resistance training.
Anyone have any 20/30min youtube videos?
Thougts on Peloton vids?

Are pushups all we got to keep muscle if we dont have weights?

I have Insanity but interested in something that is more muscle building/ resistance training.
Anyone have any 20/30min youtube videos?
Thougts on Peloton vids?

Are pushups all we got to keep muscle if we dont have weights?
get resistance bands was able to get a good squat in which it

E8C7D044-9FAE-45D8-8E99-F89BF5951CF7.jpeg

time to touch some real weights again.
Eventually I’ll purchase 1 pair of 45s and another pair of 55s.
What’s the deal with the 55 lb plates? My gym just got some. I’m used to 45 lb so I was surprised when I saw them

just another option?

Last edited:
What’s the deal with the 55 lb plates? My gym just got some. I’m used to 45 lb so I was surprised when I saw them

just another option?

in powerlifting competitions they use calibrated 25kilo (55lb) plates as the starting plate. The weight is distributed more towards the center of your body so it hits different. This isnt the same case for 55lb bumper plates though.

Oh its lit
20200329_140837.jpg

Whole lot of skipping, body weight stuff, shadow boxing, band work, and using the reflex ball.

Been throwing combos using the resistance band. Hands are moooving

random but if I have berber carpet do I really need the mats in the basement? I'm assuming under the berber is the lining and concrete since it's a walk down basement. lift wise from the ground I only plan on doing deadlifts and even then I dont go heavy enough to where i need to drop them from waist level.
or just get some mats for when I do deadlifts I can do it off the Matt's. not line the whole section off with it just for the squat rack and bench

Back
Top Bottom