STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

idk what'd I'd accomplish in an hour. Surely btter than nothing, but my average workouts were 2-2.5 hrs. 1 hr, I'd still be so worked up after, I'd be up and wired all night.

I'd probs do the hour, then hide out in the bathroom, then tap back in for the next session :lol:

Just ordered some button ups from Father Sons and can't wait till they come in. The toughest thing for me clothing wise is finding dress shirts that fit and are stylish, so hopefully Father Sons comes through.

May end up checking off a bucket list item this year by going to the Mr Olympia in Vegas ..can't wait :smokin

was Olympia officially pushed back yet?

most of my workouts only took a good 45 mins if I could get to all the machines. now that I have my own set up in home id probably just split my workout up. only do accessories work at gym

was Olympia officially pushed back yet?

most of my workouts only took a good 45 mins if I could get to all the machines. now that I have my own set up in home id probably just split my workout up. only do accessories work at gym
It’s been pushed to December

idk what'd I'd accomplish in an hour. Surely btter than nothing, but my average workouts were 2-2.5 hrs. 1 hr, I'd still be so worked up after, I'd be up and wired all night.

I'd probs do the hour, then hide out in the bathroom, then tap back in for the next session :lol:
2-2.5 workouts? That's crazy! For the last four years I've been working out before work (I usually get in the gym at 5:45-6am). I don't have time for long workouts like that anyway. What takes up 2 hours? Is are you doing a lot of volume? Do you spend a lot of time stretching? I haven't had a 2-hour workout in several years.

Modified my pull blocks I made a few years ago. They were way too big, so I cut them in half and added some crude handles for easier handling.

Before:
IMG_20190112_194930.jpg

After:
20200514_135602.jpg

gyms opening back up here next week. Will stick to my current routine for a couple weeks. See how things are first. Let them work out the kinks of whatever plans are set in place.

2-2.5 workouts? That's crazy! For the last four years I've been working out before work (I usually get in the gym at 5:45-6am). I don't have time for long workouts like that anyway. What takes up 2 hours? Is are you doing a lot of volume? Do you spend a lot of time stretching? I haven't had a 2-hour workout in several years.
Just conditioned for it. Been into sports and training since grade school. My weight sessions are 2hrs minimum. 5 times a week. I just have so much energy to burn. I put in a lot of volume. Then if I feel like it, some cardio at the end. I only lift heavy too. Never take reload days or anything. Heavy weights just don't burn me out like volume does. I know when I finally get back in there, first couple workout definitely gonna be like 2.5 easily. When I'm rested and healed up, and have good music, time melts away.

Just conditioned for it. Been into sports and training since grade school. My weight sessions are 2hrs minimum. 5 times a week. I just have so much energy to burn. I put in a lot of volume. Then if I feel like it, some cardio at the end. I only lift heavy too. Never take reload days or anything. Heavy weights just don't burn me out like volume does. I know when I finally get back in there, first couple workout definitely gonna be like 2.5 easily. When I'm rested and healed up, and have good music, time melts away.

i have friends similar to you. personally, it's tough for me to go over 1-1.25 hrs & not be bored - only counting time spent lifting. i'm big on supersetting tho, which cuts the time down considerably.

I know dudes who take almost an hour just to hit their first set for squats.

the stronger you are the longer it’s gonna take to warm up. Assuming you’re not ego lifting.

I know a guy at my old gym who’s top 10 in the nation in PL and his squats are in the 600s. Dude warms up with the bar first and goes 45lb plate by plate then quarter plates when he’s in the 400s for warm ups.

warm ups are so important for injury prevention, I never skip it or try to rush it.

I know dudes who come up to the bench and put 135lb in the bar immediately... and their max is only like 225. Leave your ego at the door and warm up with the bar.

yea high volume

u gotta do 5 exercises 4 sets of 12-15 minimum per muscle group

idk nobody who can do wat they need to do in a hour unless u got a strictly maintainin type of workout

if u goin for progress at all a hour aint gon do it, idk wat cuz talkin bout its plenty time he talkin for him n u not nobody fr

if it takes so long to warm up or get through sets with squats/x exercise (same for me), why can't one superset with pull ups or another exercise in-between? i know i have done that.

if we're talking strictly weights. and your cutting or maintaining. an hour is more than enough time to hit what u need and be done then go off and do ya cardio.
if you're bulking for actual size I can see it nearing that 2 hour mark
I do the same rain or shine. Bulk or cut. I actually feel more energy when I cut. Plus preworkout hits harder with less cals. Straight Westbrook in that joint.

Finally got some heavy duty resistance bands. Load 175lbs, 125lbs, and 85lbs...

I bought some thin ones the first time not really inspecting the listing, and not knowing to much about bands.

I've been getting lit workouts with these weak *** bands ive had, can only imagine how these workouts are about to feel.. But they did give me a chance to level up and understand how useful these things are..

Back
Top Bottom