STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Gyms opened here. Wont go back though, no intention of going back for this year.

Same bozos that are out at all these "patios" and **** are most likely flocking the gyms.

Im cool for now, stick with home stuff. Shorty bought a punching bag so well get it in that way.

i went early and didn’t mess around was in and out quick. was nice while it lasted.

Morning workout crew checking in. I can put in work at any time, but I prefer going early in the morning. Mornings are best

Pros:
- Get it in when the body is freshest
- Testosterone is higher in the morning
- Don't have to worry about work interfering with your WoD
- It sets you up nicely to crush the rest of the day

Cons:
- If you don't eat enough the night before you're gonna have a bad time
- In order to wake up early enough you have to go to bed fairly early
- More biddies be in the gym in the afternoons
- The body is more limber in the afternoon/evening
I been getting up at like 5:45am, get to gym around 6:15.... it is a weird feeling to be working out that early, when I was just asleep. One of the biggest adjustments to early AM workouts is how I have to prepare the night before. Bedtime moves about 1:15 earlier to 10:45ish. Evening alcohol consumption has gone down drastically, which I know was much needed.

I been getting up at like 5:45am, get to gym around 6:15.... it is a weird feeling to be working out that early, when I was just asleep. One of the biggest adjustments to early AM workouts is how I have to prepare the night before. Bedtime moves about 1:15 earlier to 10:45ish. Evening alcohol consumption has gone down drastically, which I know was much needed.

Yea I can't even drink alchohol the night before a workout.

I don't get hangovers but I just feel sluggish when I first wake up. Lower quality sleep.

Been working out in the morning since the gyms re opened. Get up at 5:15 take a shot of ACV, foam roll, and get to the gym by 6am when they open. Agree with all of yall. Going to bed way earlier to make it work which stinks. Sun is still setting as I'm trying to whine down. :lol: However I like it way better than going after work. Hopefully they go back to opening up at 5:30 by the time the office opens back up.

alcohol affects your sleep which i turn affects your recovery which will make you feel sluggish the next day

i guess i don’t have to worry about that no more. back to trx workouts and skateboarding

Before COVID hit, I was going to the gym at 5am every day during the week. Absolutely loved it, forced me to sleep early and as mentioned, no alcohol as it made me sluggish. Best results I ever got and body felt great.

I work from home right now, tried to wake up and workout in the morning but it was a struggle so back to the evening workouts for now. :lol:

One thing I like about evening workouts is I feel my body gets warmed up much faster than right in the morning, but I've def. been drinking more beer since I don't workout first thing in the morning. :smh:

We on the same wave except I don't prep the night before so it takes me like an hour to roll out, word to the Autobots.

Waking up at like 2 right now so I can be pushing by 3. Gives me three hours to workout and be ready to work by 7.

We on the same wave except I don't prep the night before so it takes me like an hour to roll out, word to the Autobots.

Waking up at like 2 right now so I can be pushing by 3. Gives me three hours to workout and be ready to work by 7.

you still squatting 5+ and deadlifting 6+:nerd:

Wow. What time do you go to sleep?

And I know you’re the volume gawd but do you really have to do 3 hour workouts at 3 am :lol:. I get it if u have the time to burn after work or something, no wife and kids that are waiting. But getting up at 2am, to workout at 3, for 3 hours thats some different **** lol

20200803_202509.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp:

Still waiting on plates....

Wow. What time do you go to sleep?

And I know you’re the volume gawd but do you really have to do 3 hour workouts at 3 am :lol:. I get it if u have the time to burn after work or something, no wife and kids that are waiting. But getting up at 2am, to workout at 3, for 3 hours thats some different **** lol

Bedtime is around 7 or 8 on weekdays.

Depends on what program I am running but yes. Remember, as a rule I do not stretch pre or post and usually skip cardio. If I did those things I'd need be in the gym even longer.

- Squat Everyday: 2 hours minimum, can easily go over 3 when not in a rush or absolutely drained
- PPL: easily exceeds 2 hours; usually doing 40+ working sets
- nSuns: easily averages 2hrs, 45mins a session
- PHAT: hyper days might only take 1hr, 45mins but power days are always two and change
- Arnold Split: least frequently used program. Volume is absolutely brutal. Shoulders/Arms clock in @ 1,45-2. Legs go for 2.5, and Back&Chest averages 2,45 a session

But as you stated, I have no wife/kids/dogs/nothing. I go to work, usually sit at a desk, rhen go home.

Bedtime is around 7 or 8 on weekdays.

Depends on what program I am running but yes. Remember, as a rule I do not stretch pre or post and usually skip cardio. If I did those things I'd need be in the gym even longer.

- Squat Everyday: 2 hours minimum, can easily go over 3 when not in a rush or absolutely drained
- PPL: easily exceeds 2 hours; usually doing 40+ working sets
- nSuns: easily averages 2hrs, 45mins a session
- PHAT: hyper days might only take 1hr, 45mins but power days are always two and change
- Arnold Split: least frequently used program. Volume is absolutely brutal. Shoulders/Arms clock in @ 1,45-2. Legs go for 2.5, and Back&Chest averages 2,45 a session

But as you stated, I have no wife/kids/dogs/nothing. I go to work, usually sit at a desk, rhen go home.
I respect the grind bro 👊

Back
Top Bottom