STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I’ll be real i don’t want to do any of that. Have given up on that self discipline life and focusing on that self love mentality. It’s more sustainable for me for a healthy life.

Played sports and been in shape a good majority of my life. That sort of dedication is only worth it when the end result is athletic performance. I didn’t mind waking up at 5 am to train when i knew i had a game to look forward to. I can’t feel that same level of dedication toward losing 10-13 vanity pounds.

3 few months of sprints 2-3x a week, eating a bit healthier and cutting pizza out of the diet should be sufficient. Just gotta find the time for these jogs/sprints in the evening.
So you don’t want it.

Motivation in today’s setting is tough. I usually have a trip planned out with the boys or something, but obviously that isn’t happening now. Can’t even hoop right now. I get it, things suck, but you pick something that motivates you and stick with it. Doesn’t have to be something physical either. My ultimate goal is not to be a worthless old man buy the time the kids are of age to start running around with me. Never fails to get my *** up at 4:30am everyday

Motivation in today’s setting is tough. I usually have a trip planned out with the boys or something, but obviously that isn’t happening now. Can’t even hoop right now. I get it, things suck, but you pick something that motivates you and stick with it. Doesn’t have to be something physical either. My ultimate goal is not to be a worthless old man buy the time the kids are of age to start running around with me. Never fails to get my *** up at 4:30am everyday
That seems like a really low goal :rofl:

I’ll be real i don’t want to do any of that. Have given up on that self discipline life and focusing on that self love mentality. It’s more sustainable for me for a healthy life.

Played sports and been in shape a good majority of my life. That sort of dedication is only worth it when the end result is athletic performance. I didn’t mind waking up at 5 am to train when i knew i had a game to look forward to. I can’t feel that same level of dedication toward losing 10-13 vanity pounds.

3 few months of sprints 2-3x a week, eating a bit healthier and cutting pizza out of the diet should be sufficient. Just gotta find the time for these jogs/sprints in the evening.

Not really sure why you'd want to post here. Whether your goal is health, aesthetics, or performance-related, all of us in here are striving towards something.

You said you had a problem and bros came through with solutions. Then you doubled-down and said eff all dat.

Right now if you're fat it's because your diet and activity are not in harmony. If you don't want to be dedicated towards losing the weight by taking our suggestions, you can either:

1) Stay fat. It's no skin off our backs
2) Get your *** in gear. We can help
3) Get cosmetic surgery and hope it keeps

Either way, making excuses isn't going to change your reality.

Best of luck tho.

Got some lever arms and can turn it into a belt squat. Got some steps with risers to increase the depth. Wish I could load more weight but guess I’ll just being doing more reps. :lol:

C0FDD582-9E85-476C-9FEE-C7344A130BE6.jpeg
F0447312-77DF-4C05-8E2F-5BC771DDBF70.jpeg

Not really sure why you'd want to post here. Whether your goal is health, aesthetics, or performance-related, all of us in here are striving towards something.

You said you had a problem and bros came through with solutions. Then you doubled-down and said eff all dat.

Right now if you're fat it's because your diet and activity are not in harmony. If you don't want to be dedicated towards losing the weight by taking our suggestions, you can either:

1) Stay fat. It's no skin off our backs
2) Get your *** in gear. We can help
3) Get cosmetic surgery and hope it keeps

Either way, making excuses isn't going to change your reality.

Best of luck tho.

Thanks. It’s all part of the process. I’ve learned setting plans, goals, or strongest self discipline off the bat doesn’t work for me. Probably does for others. I just got to take it day by day and try to move that day and eat healthy. Stack enough of those days together and then i’ll have the momentum for taking real advice.

I just post as reading what everyone else is upto in this thread is that minor daily jolt that’ll help. All appreciation for my end.

Thanks. It’s all part of the process. I’ve learned setting plans, goals, or strongest self discipline off the bat doesn’t work for me. Probably does for others. I just got to take it day by day and try to move that day and eat healthy. Stack enough of those days together and then i’ll have the momentum for taking real advice.

I just post as reading what everyone else is upto in this thread is that minor daily jolt that’ll help. All appreciation for my end.

This almost sounds like a plan for spinning your wheels, but to each his own.
1612528253300.png

Good Chest day today. best workouts are always when I feel good the night before and can't wait to hit the gym in the morning. I get there and it's balls to the wall!

My Rival was there today doing chest too so that helps. Probably the only other dude in there during my time frame that puts in work and has a similar frame (he's a bit taller). I've only seen him Fridays though

Not gonna front I have zero motivation to train these days. I still do it out of habit but my mind ain’t in it. I just go through the motions.

also doesn’t help that my left shoulder is pretty much ****ed and I can’t do any horizontal presses.

I think this pandemic is really affecting my mental health and that’s creeping into training as well.
Same here bro. With the winter blues and cold af in the garage, I don't feel like doing ****.

But hang in there and we'll get through this my man 💪

So is bcaa only really beneficial if you're not getting enough protein in

"Branched chain amino acids
Branched chain amino acids (BCAA’s) make up 14-18% of amino acids in skeletal muscle proteins and are quite possibly the most widely used supplements among natural bodybuilders [165]. Of the BCAA’s, leucine is of particular interest because it has been shown to stimulate protein synthesis to an equal extent as a mixture of all amino acids [166]. However, ingestion of leucine alone can lead to depletion of plasma valine and isoleucine; therefore, all three amino acids need to be consumed to prevent plasma depletion of any one of the BCAA’s [167]. Recently, the safe upper limit of leucine was set at 550 mg/kg bodyweight/day in adult men; however, future studies are needed to determine the safe upper limit for both other populations and a mixture of all 3 BCAA’s [168].

Numerous acute studies in animals and humans have shown that consumption of either essential amino acids, BCAA’s, or leucine either at rest or following exercise increases skeletal muscle protein synthesis, decreases muscle protein degradation, or both [27,169-172]; however, there are few long-term studies of BCAA supplementation in resistance-trained athletes. Stoppani et al. [173] supplemented trained subjects with either 14 g BCAAs, whey protein, or a carbohydrate placebo for eight weeks during a periodized strength training routine. After training the BCAA group had a 4 kg increase in lean mass, 2% decrease in body fat percentage, and 6 kg increase in bench press 10 repetition maximum. All changes were significant compared to the other groups. However, it should be noted that this data is only available as an abstract and has yet to undergo the rigors of peer-review.

The use of BCAA’s between meals may also be beneficial to keep protein synthesis elevated.
Recent data from animal models suggest that consumption of BCAA’s between meals can overcome the refractory response in protein synthesis that occurs when plasma amino acids are elevated, yet protein synthesis is reduced [174]. However, long-term human studies examining the effects of a diet in which BCAA’s are consumed between meals on lean mass and strength have not been done to date. It should also be noted that BCAA metabolism in humans and rodents differ and the results from rodent studies with BCAA’s may not translate in human models [175]. Therefore, long-term studies are needed in humans to determine the effectiveness of this practice.

Based on the current evidence, it is clear BCAA’s stimulate protein synthesis acutely and one study [173] has indicated that BCAA’s may be able to increase lean mass and strength when added to a strength training routine; however, additional long-term studies are needed to determine the effects of BCAA’s on lean mass and strength in trained athletes.
In addition, studies are needed on the effectiveness of BCAA supplementation in individuals following a vegetarian diet in which consumption of high-quality proteins are low as this may be population that may benefit from BCAA consumption. Furthermore, the effects of BCAA ingestion between meals needs to be further investigated in a long-term human study."

1612555327308.png

Looks like the jury is still out bro. BCAAs are so cheap that taking them (at least as much as we can tell so far) won't hurt you, but whether they benefit you remains to be seen.

I'd say if you can afford them and not miss the money, take em. If not, don't trip. I like taking them intra just because drinking water while lifting is
1612555448086.png

yea i typically catch whatever deals for BCAA. so about 12-15 bucks. last a month still cheaper than buying actual flavor water packets which I used to use religiously.
i just replaced it with BCAA.

also use to do hydra charge for that hydration. basically powdered gatorade with coconut water powder.

whats a good 3 days on 1 day off split some of you guys use.
i was talking to the big homie @droptewho is a wealth of knowledge.
im thinking of doing
Chest tris
back bis
quads
rest
shoulders
chest . bis tris (like 2 sets of each for bis tris)
hamstrings

got 2 chest days since thats my weakest area.

I am currently doing 4 on 1 off but because of my lack of sleep I need to get that extra rest day in. but day 4 im usually exhausted and going through the motions.

Just:lol::lol: gonna leave this here....
1612545937785.png

I agree with this.

Sometimes it is ok to stop talking about good things... because time is also needed to focus on toxic things... in order to train ourselves to prepare to fix toxic things... in an effort to achieve total positivity.

Toxic Positivity is like celebrities in 2021 showing off their positive capitalistic achievements over and over again... while simultaneously not helping, acknowledging, or looking at any real struggle... at the same time generations of people are dying during a pandemic.

Yo **** all that darwin just cop the fugazi abs like Drake. Have you out here with the batman costume abs

You can sleep til 1pm if you want

94d9f463cccc0988254fae6e03bbd074.jpg

I think they post weird, we just need to click the link to open the reel

I wanted to post this anyway

squat depth /vertical jump

I think that I remember discussing this here.

Yeah...:lol: Spinal alignment, maintaining neutral at depth, neutral spine, increased flexibility range of motion, not needed heavier weight during squat, static strength, dynamic strength, explosive strength.

Back
Top Bottom