STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

First time posting in this thread...Anybody mess with the Whoop strap?

I got mine back on Thanksgiving, had my eye on one for about a year prior, but had been using a Whithings Steel HR to track my workouts during that time. I do miss the watch face, but decided to go a few months and only wear the Whoop.

I'm really enjoying the metrics they provide, much more detailed & tuned into overall health, rather than Fitbits, other smart watches.

First time posting in this thread...Anybody mess with the Whoop strap?

I got mine back on Thanksgiving, had my eye on one for about a year prior, but had been using a Whithings Steel HR to track my workouts during that time. I do miss the watch face, but decided to go a few months and only wear the Whoop.

I'm really enjoying the metrics they provide, much more detailed & tuned into overall health, rather than Fitbits, other smart watches.

i’ve had mine for close to yeah and a half give or take and love it. the metrics are great. you don’t have to worry about scratching a screen or really breaking it if you’re doing crazy workouts. they’re constantly updating the software in the app to make it as accurately as possible. the only down side is the monthly payment, but that has been well worth it for me

did my first fasted workout. i definitely burned out quicker than when I eat before but it was still an intense workout. i think my lack of sleep doesnt help. This should be an interesting 6 weeks

I was just running out if time in the morning yesterday so I said f it.
going to try to atleast get in a couple of eggs or atleast a protein shake from here on out. but this new keto diet prevents me from doing my usual banana and protein shake in the morning.
im also trying to slow down on protein powder since the doctor said that could be the cause of my kidneys possibly having stones or cysts

I love workouts fasted. I prefer it. Feel like a god with no carbs and whatnot weighing me down. I stuff my face when I'm done
i feel great like the first 25-30 mins. after about that 2nd exercise stomach starts growling and im ready to stop and eat.
I also wasnt eating a ton before either. easily digestible food then going in like 30 mins

Hey guys. Im 34 years old. I feel like Ive gained 15 pounds outta no where. 5’10 and 198lbs. I hit the gym 4x a week. I wanna drop down to 178-182 range. Any fat burner recommendations?
6958B8EF-F4C7-4369-8358-CF19FBDB2302.jpeg
FF1C36D9-CCDD-4642-95FB-E1E2BC1F7FD5.jpeg

My eating pattern right now is fasting during the day, and eating one meal a day at night. I work out in the morning after my coffee, smoothie, and my walk. I constantly drink coffee, water, and smoothies throughout the day. When it gets dark, then I eat. Since I work out first thing in the morning and get a proper rest every night before, I feel great before each workout. I noticed that fasting in that way has made me more fluid, while helping me retain pretty much all of my strength. In different ways though, this new fluidity has made me stronger in other ways.

That is my 2 cents about fasting.

Hey guys. Im 34 years old. I feel like Ive gained 15 pounds outta no where. 5’10 and 198lbs. I hit the gym 4x a week. I wanna drop down to 178-182 range. Any fat burner recommendations?
if all you're trying to lose is a good 15-20lbs A fat burner isn't really going to get you there and keep you there. probably need to change the diet up completely. shock your system.

My eating pattern right now is fasting during the day, and eating one meal a day at night. I work out in the morning after my coffee, smoothie, and my walk. I constantly drink coffee, water, and smoothies throughout the day. When it gets dark, then I eat. Since I work out first thing in the morning and get a proper rest every night before, I feel great before each workout. I noticed that fasting in that way has made me more fluid, while helping me retain pretty much all of my strength. In different ways though, this new fluidity has made me stronger in other ways.

do smoothies count as fasting???

You're breaking your fast with by consuming smoothies. General rule of thumb, 40-50 calories is enough to kick you out of a fasted state.

Also just a general FYI but a lot of times I read about people taking BCAA's to train fasted because they think they have zero calories.

From what I understand that's not true and BCAA's are actually more calorically dense than whey protein. US manufacturers just aren't permitted to list the calorie content by law due to the molecular structure of the amino acid that make up BCAA. It's a strange FDA loop hole.

Last edited:
Maybe what I do shouldn't be labeled.

All that I know is that my diet combined with my training has put me in the best mental and physical shape of my life today... after being in what would be considered being great athletic shape for my entire life.

All I know is that what I do works really, really, well... and my results speak for themselves.

I dont think BCAAs take you out of fasted state. unless you have one thats high in sugar and additives. i do EAAs for my workout. idk tho

I guess I’m fasted but it’s because my *** is up at 4:30am and I’m not fixing a big spread all to wait an hour to lift :lol:

when I come back at night I have WAY more energy though than in the morning

Maybe what I do shouldn't be labeled.

All that I know is that my diet combined with my training has put me in the best mental and physical shape of my life today... after being in what would be considered being great athletic shape for my entire life.

All I know is that what I do works really, really, well... and my results speak for themselves.
If it is working and you are seeing gains, continue doing what you are doing. I am certain that if you were not seeing the results that you desire, that you'd discontinue whatever you've been doing.

Good luck.

I love workouts fasted. I prefer it. Feel like a god with no carbs and whatnot weighing me down. I stuff my face when I'm done
AM training while fasted is boss.
Fasted morning workouts has been my reg routine since gyms opened back up the first time.
Its interesting. Fasted, I feel lighter, feel like I'm moving faster, and more alert. However there hare some days (like today unfortunately) where I have early meetings and can't go in the morning so I train in the pm not fasted. I def feel stronger in the pm with some food and hydration and endurance lasts a bit longer.

If it is working and you are seeing gains, continue doing what you are doing. I am certain that if you were not seeing the results that you desire, that you'd discontinue whatever you've been doing.

Good luck.

KHUFU KHUFU

When I was younger, I was a two sport college athlete that decided to play basketball. As an adult, I coached both sports as well. I have probably been taken through every type of workout and been instructed to try every type of diet that there is. In the last few years my workouts have revolved around healing my chakras. Since that has been my focus, my body feels extremely vibrant. At this point in my life I have taken bits and pieces of everything that I have learned... and created something all encompassing that works for me. With my past, age, and current condition... I think that doing my own thing that does not have a label is actually the best thing for me.

KHUFU KHUFU

When I was younger, I was a two sport college athlete that decided to play basketball. As an adult, I coached both sports as well. I have probably been taken through every type of workout and been instructed to try every type of diet that there is. In the last few years my workouts have revolved around healing my chakras. Since that has been my focus, my body feels extremely vibrant. At this point in my life I have taken bits and pieces of everything that I have learned... and created something all encompassing that works for me. With my past, age, and current condition... I think that doing my own thing that does not have a label is actually the best thing for me.
Athlete myself, formerly a part of the strength and conditioning staff for the Houston Texans. Glad that what you are doing is working for you.

Back
Top Bottom