STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Any of you guys try to mix weight training and running? Do ya'll run after hitting legs or before?

Always after.

I do work in the order of what is most likely to cripple me first. Always back squats before fronts, always squat before deads. Always lift before cardio (if I actually do cardio).:rofl:

I bail on a treadmill (hop off, stop button, jump off the belt). Bailing on a heavy squat is much more embarrassing and much less acceptable.

Any of you guys try to mix weight training and running? Do ya'll run after hitting legs or before?
Because I'm deployed I usually run in the AM (0530/0630)
Varying between:
- 3-5 Miles
- 400m Repeats on the track
- Treadmill Sprint Intervals

Hit the gym around 1630/1700
Just Started Cutting so Ill slowly start adding another 15-20 light cardio on the end

Air Force Special Operator with a
sub 5min Mile + 500lb Squat

Last edited:
I can drink like 600mg of caffeine and remain the same. I’m trying to chill. That’s why I don’t **** with pwo. I know it works. I’ve used plenty. :lol:
I’m happy my tolerance is so low. I can use any and feel like I’m on crack. Just need half a dose too. I don’t always use it but those 4am workouts during the winter sometimes require a boost haha

I wouldn’t even lift if I got up that early. I wake up at noon :rofl:
It took a while to get used to it. College sports are over hahaha. Doing this takes a lot of mental gymnastic to find reasons. I mainly go in the morning so that after work I can spend the day with the kids. I hated coming home just to plan a meal to hit the gym at a certain time and leave them. Gotta get up at 4 to get the full time in. Don’t want to be at the gym for just an hour

Last edited:
It's crazy how quickly your body adjusts to reduction in caffeine. I used to drink coffee in the morning then another coffee around 1-2pm then drink a PWO at around 8-9pm before I hit the gym. Been laid off for awhile now due to Covid so all I drink is a coffee in the morning and that's about it. The other day I drank a canned PWO and I was having trouble breathing. The higher dose of caffeine from what I've been drinking the past 7-8 months really shocked my system

It's crazy how quickly your body adjusts to reduction in caffeine. I used to drink coffee in the morning then another coffee around 1-2pm then drink a PWO at around 8-9pm before I hit the gym. Been laid off for awhile now due to Covid so all I drink is a coffee in the morning and that's about it. The other day I drank a canned PWO and I was having trouble breathing. The higher dose of caffeine from what I've been drinking the past 7-8 months really shocked my system
Drank a bang the other day and felt like I did a couple lines. No way I wanna feel like that all the time haha. Probably just needed a half the can

I'm up to 242. I need to drop some weight. Too heavy. Need to lean down. Time to get focused on food. Been just wild'n out eating and lifting heavy lol. Putting on weight and size has never been a struggle, saying no to the cookies and ice cream and candy is my vice :lol:

Def need a fat burner to supplement in the cut.

Pineapple mango or cotton candy
I was good on this til I saw that $8 shipping...I just copped LIT again :lol:

just restarting all over again after a long time of being away from the gym, swimming, jogging, basketball and sit-up routine. beer belly is back and have to get rid of it. bought some bunch of weight equipment about more than a week ago since the missus is prohibiting me to go to my usual gym. goodness, cost me quite a lot of dough to buy a few since the price has tripled eversince this pandemic. I already did 2 days worth of long distance walking and sprints. and did a few sets today. I'm a long way to go but atleast I'll be getting there. now I just have to find a few more things I need for my home gym.

Indoor gym reopen yesterday..

I'M BACK

9fcf93bee8978156a604c1599e691411.jpg

I have arthritis in my right knee, that plus the rona I haven’t been to the gym since January 2020. Because of my knee I lost all the muscle in my right leg. Quads, hams, glutes, most of my calf.. all gone
Went today and put some miles on the bike and my left leg was pumped like crazy but nothing in my right leg, that was a crazy feeling. I already knew I didn’t have anymore muscle but that was wild

I barely have any ROM but I need to put a few weeks in the gym and then go back to physical therapy

I have arthritis in my right knee, that plus the rona I haven’t been to the gym since January 2020. Because of my knee I lost all the muscle in my right leg. Quads, hams, glutes, most of my calf.. all gone
Went today and put some miles on the bike and my left leg was pumped like crazy but nothing in my right leg, that was a crazy feeling. I already knew I didn’t have anymore muscle but that was wild

I barely have any ROM but I need to put a few weeks in the gym and then go back to physical therapy
mine would be the left knee and a degenerative one which sucks. I remember a couple of years back having to undergo surgery with a knee injury (ACL) and lost my muscles on my left leg. no ROM and anything and I didn't have a physiotherapist that should have monitored my rehab. it was the total lack of movement that contributed to that loss. I tell you my left leg looked half of what my right leg was. it took around 2 years after my left leg came atleast 90% of what my right leg is. I did have the occasional loss of leg power that my left leg would just collapse out of the blue while walking during that time span. right now, my left leg is almost the same as my right but personally I could still see a minor difference in size. considering my history of injury + arthritis, I can only do so much use of my left leg. it doesn't have the same endurance and tolerance as my right leg. before, I could run everyday with it. nowadays, I would require a bit of a rest day or two to get it back up running without experiencing any pain or fatigue. getting old is rough and tough.

having my refeed today and cant lie. not as satisfying as I hoped
keto hasnt been bad
. been full after meals. def losing body fat. maybe after i have my main cheat ill know better. but i already know ima feel disgusting after

Have slowly gotten back into it. No weight change but feel the muscles strengthening and the power of life coming back. It’s like a furnace that needs that spark. Have stuck with my 2x a week sprint routine for about 6 weeks now. Was really tough the first few weeks and body and lower back were so tight. It’s starting to feel natural again and feels great starting to occasionally let loose and really rev the engine. Still a long long long long way to go but am trying to adopt that self love celebrate the little wins and the moments mentality to stick with it.

Haven’t had any soda or ice cream in a month. Will continue improving the eating a little more. Main meals have been good but the end of the day smoking and eating a bag of chips or snacks needs to get better to continue the progress.

I think i’ve finally earned getting some wireless headphones and some shoes. Been doing this in b-ball shoes and wired headphones. Needed to prove i could do it before i spent money towards it though.

And just like that.. The indoor gym is closed for good and we're back outdoors..

Whoever bright idea was it to move all the equipment from outdoor to indoor back to outdoor in a span of two days.. Ill like to have a word with you.

Back
Top Bottom