STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I've been doing push, pull, legs for a 6+ months now and decided to switch things up.
Started doing total body yesterday. Didn't know where to start so I just picked AthleanX's full body routine off YouTube.
Yesterday:
Warmup: 5 sets of 3d lunges.
Squats: warm up set 1 X 12 135lbs working set 3x5 245lbs
Hip thrust 3x12 185lbs
Bench Press 3x5 225lbs
weighted chin ups 3x10 25lbs
farmer carries - this ****ing killed me.
face pulls 3x12

Felt like I could go heavier so I'll step it up today.
Anyone got any good total body routines?

I had been watching AthleanX's method since last year and it was working til I stopped. it would be an interesting read though regarding his diet or fasting method. I'm doing that right now since I gained quite a lot these couple of months.

I had been watching AthleanX's method since last year and it was working til I stopped. it would be an interesting read though regarding his diet or fasting method. I'm doing that right now since I gained quite a lot these couple of months.
I've purchased a couple of his programs years ago. AX-2 and Inferno Max Size. Both where good programs however AX- 2 workouts were short and simple but the challenge days were tough as hell. Max size was good but it was pretty much a spin on German volume training so in hindsight I could have found a free program online and got the same result.

I've purchased a couple of his programs years ago. AX-2 and Inferno Max Size. Both where good programs however AX- 2 workouts were short and simple but the challenge days were tough as hell. Max size was good but it was pretty much a spin on German volume training so in hindsight I could have found a free program online and got the same result.
I know. there are just a bountiful of methods out there nowadays. the problem is finding them or if they are even worth it. I'm doing the free ones since I'm not that desperate. I'll just follow Terry Crew's mantra on how to keep in shape.

Plans work based on it doing something different in general. You then hit your peak with it and have to move on to another one. Paying large amounts for a plan ain’t it imo. A legit trainer that physically there with you making you bust your *** is a different beast. I’m not paying for a copy and paste workout

Plans work based on it doing something different in general. You then hit your peak with it and have to move on to another one. Paying large amounts for a plan ain’t it imo. A legit trainer that physically there with you making you bust your *** is a different beast. I’m not paying for a copy and paste workout
of course. people need a motivator, that's the main ingredient for an effective workout. which is why people in general struggle to keep it up. the programs though are just there when you are already conditioned to do it on your own willingly. I had watched my 600lb life and saw how horrible it is when all the motivation is gone and no one there is forcing them to work their butts off.

Anyone take any good joint supplements they can recommend? I fractured my elbow and wrist when I was young and when I go heavy on any press exercise my joints give me issues. I stretch for a decent period of time prior so it's not an issue of lack of stretching. I tried researching myself but the products range from $5 to $80 so no clear cut best option

I like fish oil (3000mg/day) + Move Free Ultra myself.

I also don't stretch before lifting...

Put a little stimulus money toward B-Bars from BaseBlocks. I’ll post my thoughts once I get them and put some work in on them.

Haven’t been in a gym in a couple years now, can’t stand lifting in a commercial gym anymore. This kind of **** will have to do until I can build a home gym, but that ain’t happening while I live in a 700sqft apartment. Might pick up a good sandbag too.

Put a little stimulus money toward B-Bars from BaseBlocks. I’ll post my thoughts once I get them and put some work in on them.

Haven’t been in a gym in a couple years now, can’t stand lifting in a commercial gym anymore. This kind of **** will have to do until I can build a home gym, but that ain’t happening while I live in a 700sqft apartment. Might pick up a good sandbag too.

This is pretty dope. Might have to cop myself, also live in an apartment and dont have much space.

This looks awesome. This and a pair of dumbbells, bands, would be all you need.

That's dope, more than I want to spend on that though.

Price was a barrier for me too. Stimulus made it hurt a little less, plus I found a 10% off coupon code making them $224.10 shipped(code is Highlight). Single bar version is a hundred dollars less, but I want to be able to do weighted dips.

This looks awesome. This and a pair of dumbbells, bands, would be all you need.

I got a pair of 30lb dumbbells and some adjustables that go up to 20lb each or 40lb if you want a single DB. Like you said, I need to get some new bands for sure.

From what I could find a quality power tower is nearly as expensive but takes up so much more space. I already have an air bike Stairmaster that takes up enough space in the apartment.

If the price was cheaper I’d pick up their “BaseBench” too. Perfect for nordic curls and hip thrusts. Hopefully they have a black friday sale this year or something.

91F86EBD-649A-4824-B3F8-31FFCA9D2B39.jpeg

Space is really a problem as our household got bigger. Otherwise I could use a spare room for storage. So now I just have to work my way in my mancave as a practically piled up everything for storage and had to put everything in and out for usage. Annoying as hell but I just have to think its part of my workout routine. I'm using our family area as workout area as well. My son uses it for his computer online streaming and martial arts zoom classes.

Anyone take any good joint supplements they can recommend? I fractured my elbow and wrist when I was young and when I go heavy on any press exercise my joints give me issues. I stretch for a decent period of time prior so it's not an issue of lack of stretching. I tried researching myself but the products range from $5 to $80 so no clear cut best option
Fish oil
Glucosamine + chondroitin
Turmeric and ginger
MSM
Pretty sure vitamin d3 but not sure
Onnit “joint oil”

I had a whole stack for my knee before I found out it was RA not regular arthritis

Last edited:
Fish oil
Glucosamine + chondroitin
Turmeric and ginger
MSM
Pretty sure vitamin d3 but not sure
Onnit “joint oil”

I had a whole stack for my knee before I found out it was RA not regular arthritis

RA? rashy anus?

Back
Top Bottom