STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Probably been asked a couple of times. What’s a decent pair of lifting shoes? The super reps or metcons?

I don’t do olympic lifts i just do squats deadlifts and other bb movements.

was contemplating on getting some Metcon 6 about 2 weeks ago but held off for a better colorway and price. went today to the outlet to get some NBA socks, too bad they're gone. should have bought more when I had the chance and gotten 5 pairs. I only bought 2 pairs a few weeks back. I got these today instead and I'm happy. would have been better if the Silverado Premium were available since I love that colorway better. but these Baroque Brown Premium would do just the same. also they are cheaper than the regular Metcon 6s.
260415209_297975448849555_6584496238940189621_n.jpg
260464972_920441368878067_7391676951539802831_n.jpg

I’m on the court more than the weight room these days. Either way I feel like most of us in there for mental therapy lol. Gainz and physical health is an ancillary benefit… Playing ball and lifting is absolutely necessary for my sanity

THIS! Due to my schedule I started breaking my routine up into two sessions (1 strength, 1 cardio/core) with one when I wake up and another in the evening. Definitely a good way to both get focused to start my day and unwind towards the end :smokin

Yeah, a commercial gym has 4-5 different cardio machines minimum. Switch it up a bit. Even at home I have 3 cardio machines lol

What cardio machines do you have at home? I want to get some diversity in my at-home cardio experience.

I'm legit full body workout every workout. I go 4 days a week.

I mentioned a while back in this thread, how the pandemic made me a better workout person. I relied fully on Resistance bands, body weight stuff & yoga. I got stronger and more agile.

My goal has always been: lose fat, build strength & maintain it, and increase agility. Mind health also!!

I definitely relate to that. For about a year and a half I’ve been the same way. I admittedly had 1 or 2 periods where I fell off because life was too much (I know just an excuse) but now I’m back at it and this is the most fit and leanest that I’ve ever been. Feelsgoodman. Hope you’re enjoying your progress thus far 8)

THIS! Due to my schedule I started breaking my routine up into two sessions (1 strength, 1 cardio/core) with one when I wake up and another in the evening. Definitely a good way to both get focused to start my day and unwind towards the end :smokin

What cardio machines do you have at home? I want to get some diversity in my at-home cardio experience.

I definitely relate to that. For about a year and a half I’ve been the same way. I admittedly had 1 or 2 periods where I fell off because life was too much (I know just an excuse) but now I’m back at it and this is the most fit and leanest that I’ve ever been. Feelsgoodman. Hope you’re enjoying your progress thus far 8)
Currently have a bikerg, row erg, rogue echo bike. I’ll get a ski erg soon. I Recommend not getting anything fully motorized like a treadmill. They break constantly

Probably been asked a couple of times. What’s a decent pair of lifting shoes? The super reps or metcons?

I don’t do olympic lifts i just do squats deadlifts and other bb movements.

I squat, row, and press in Romaleos; deadlift in Chucks or Sabos; and do accessories in my Metcons.
1638068757335.png

what’s a good cross trainer with some cushioning that aren’t super narrow?

I know the metcoms are the go to cross trainer but they don’t have enough cushioning for me to do any cardio in. I tried on Nike zoomx super rep the other day and they’re super narrow. Previous gym shoe was the project rock 3 and they were good.

Last edited:

I know the metcoms are the go to cross trainer but they don’t have enough cushioning for me to do any cardio in. I tried on Nike zoomx super rep the other day and they’re super narrow. Previous gym shoe was the project rock 3 and they were good.
For me, Nike Pegasus do a great job with everything

Try the metcon 6

i pretty much don’t switch out of my metcon 7s anymore. maybe in the rare occasion while Oly lifting, but i’ve pretty much just been working on catching in the power position so no need for the extra heel lift. i also do some plyo in them, not the best but not bad

Try the metcon 6

Not a lot of cushioning as far as Metcons go...
1638129173682.png

Look at the Metcon x Free hybrids. They feel more like running shoes: much more cushioning and a more compressible heel than the numbered Metcons (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).
1638129204775.png

Not a lot of cushioning as far as Metcons go...
1638129173682.png

Look at the Metcon x Free hybrids. They feel more like running shoes: much more cushioning and a more compressible heel than the numbered Metcons (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7).
1638129204775.png
Interesting. Not sure what they added with the hybrids since I never tried them but I know typical nike frees have no real cushion at all either as they are low to the ground barebone soft midsole/outsole shoes.

Interesting. Not sure what they added with the hybrids since I never tried them but I know typical nike frees have no real cushion at all either as they are low to the ground barebone soft midsole/outsole shoes.

1638135422467.png

These are different, B.

I have these in the other room (on the road rn) and they're more marshmallow-y than most of my running shoes, including the Nikes I keep in my gym bag.

I also have the 2's and 3's and they wear the same way.
1638135560718.png

1638135422467.png

These are different, B.

I have these in the other room (on the road rn) and they're more marshmallow-y than most of my running shoes, including the Nikes I keep in my gym bag.

I also have the 2's and 3's and they wear the same way.
1638135560718.png

hmmmm...wonder if they have something more weatherproof and women's. I'm looking at the Winflo 7 Shield as alternative. anyways, in comparison to the WinFlos' how do they compare?

Back
Top Bottom