STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i used to be dumbfounded about people putting the weights back & the general disorder of the arrangement of weights & equipment but then i accidentally made the mistake of hitting the gym at peak time and in the chaos of packed gym i now understand how gyms get so unorganized 😂
issue nowadays is that gyms seem to have more peak hours now than before. I remember going to the gyms early in the morning, lunch time and late at night that I have the whole gym to myself. nowadays, I see atleast more than 5 people that I have to share the gym with. I don't mind the numbers though, I'm more on the type of gym goers.

Peak gym hours around here are usually Monday and Tuesday in January. Worse time to be in there. It dies down a bit as the year goes on before it picks back up. It picks up again in the summer. Lots of kids who play sports also work out in the one I go to when school's out.

Thankfully 99.9 percent of the people I've encountered aren't like the ones you see in an Instagram, or Tik Tok video.

i don’t judge because you never know what a person is training for or their rationale for why they are doing whatever…

some folk are super passive aggressive tho 😂, they’ll give the 👀 for a hot second before exasperatedly asking

i used to be dumbfounded about people putting the weights back & the general disorder of the arrangement of weights & equipment but then i accidentally made the mistake of hitting the gym at peak time and in the chaos of packed gym i now understand how gyms get so unorganized 😂

Lol there was no rational here

It was browse on phone for 30 minutes

Load plates up, use incorrect form

I know what you mean. One of the reasons why I can’t lift at home anymore is because the atmosphere and energy isn’t there.

it sucks but I’m at the point in my lifting career where I don’t have motivation like that anymore. I need to be in a good environment to push myself

Lol there was no rational here

It was browse on phone for 30 minutes

Load plates up, use incorrect form

if i see someone doing something out of the ordinary, off, odd, or obviously incorrect/possibly injurious i’ll ask them why, often times people don’t know they’re things wrong or the have some reason for why the do things the way they do…now i’m not experienced enough to correct anyone in the gym but i will try to point them in the direction to at least further investigate things like form as it related to their own morphology & whatever dysfunction they might have going on

This may be an unpopular opinion but I love hitting a gym during peak hours, im all for the energy.. I just make sure im not locked in on doing a certain exercise for that day in case equipment is taken but there’s always a way around it

Hitting the gym at peak hours separates the boys from men.

That energy is unmatched, food intake hits so im at peak lifting performance, hotter in the evening so the pump is :sick::sick: and Im pretty sure I mentally have started forever beef with three people in there :rofl::rofl:

😂 y’all better than me, even tho i’ve never been on a specific program or have a specific routine (closest is doing box jumps as a warmup, been thinking about switching that up for a minute tho) i do usually have at least 1, if not a few specific movements in mind for the day and i like to be deliberate & take my time; a packed gym makes that pretty untenable.

maybe if my frequency was higher i wouldn’t be as bothered by the gym being full, i try to be as chill as possible when i lift tho and never been an energy type, pretty much stopped taking my lil’ homemade preworkout for lifting weekdays & save it for the weekend day if i will be exclusively jumping. definitely at a point where if something comes up & i can’t make my usual fairly empty gym slot i much rather skip the workout altogether than hit the peak hours group

The Fats and The Weak Ones do not add energy to the gym, they only take up space and oxygen and invite germs, dysfunction, and injury. We should pity them.
Cam

I just make sure im not locked in on doing a certain exercise for that day in case equipment is taken but there’s always a way around it
How kind and noble and beta of you. I couldn't imagine being at a gym and not doing an exercise because the equipment was "occupied".
rudy2.png

Nah, if I need to use something you're either giving it up like the cheeks or I'mma work in.
Deebo

now i’m not experienced enough to correct anyone in the gym
definitely at a point where if something comes up & i can’t make my usual fairly empty gym slot i much rather skip the workout altogether than hit the peak hours group

francis.png

That-is-why-you-fail GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Folks like you are the WOAT in the gym btw. You can't actually help the newbs but you can tell them what they're doing is off?
martin3.png

I had to clown some idiots like that who tried to "correct" or "inquire" about something only for them to quickly find out that they were less knowledgeable and weaker than myself.

francis.png

That-is-why-you-fail GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Folks like you are the WOAT in the gym btw. You can't actually help the newbs but you can tell them what they're doing is off?
martin3.png

I had to clown some idiots like that who tried to "correct" or "inquire" about something only for them to quickly find out that they were less knowledgeable and weaker than myself.

🤷🏿‍♂️ i not on the gym to correct folk…i don’t as much attempt to correct, unless i think it is something i have some insight that might help…i just earnestly ask why someone is doing something the way they are doing that thing before even offering any critique/recommendation, because i’m genuinely curious and am not some super experienced lifter/gym guy, could be something i could learn…a few examples:

once a noticed that a woman in the squat rack next to me was squatting in what was essentially platform sneakers, they were those chuck taylors that were raised like 2-3” inches, so i asked her something to the effect of ‘how do you feel squatting in those?’ resulted in cool back & forth in between sets

not too long ago a guy was doing some kneeling variation of a landmine row, and i genuinely was curious why he was doing that variation vs. standing, turns he didn’t really have a reason he just picked that version from his workout buddy and we had a calm cool interaction about movement selection

recently i was in the court and noticed a guy working on one handed form shooting close to the basket but when he went extended his range to shoot free throws his form totally changed with this odd hitch, so asked was he aware of this and we had a cool lil’ discussion

in no situation would i necessarily purport myself to know more or correct someone really, i just ask questions and offer a suggestions, or maybe mention/recommend a trip to youtube university/#doyagoogles search if the convo gets that far, but mostly it’s just out of curiosity

🤷🏿‍♂️ i not on the gym to correct folk…i don’t as much attempt to correct, unless i think it is something i have some insight that might help…i just earnestly ask why someone is doing something the way they are doing that thing before even offering any critique/recommendation, because i’m genuinely curious and am not some super experienced lifter/gym guy, could be something i could learn…a few examples:

once a noticed that a woman in the squat rack next to me was squatting in what was essentially platform sneakers, they were those chuck taylors that were raised like 2-3” inches, so i asked her something to the effect of ‘how do you feel squatting in those?’ resulted in cool back & forth in between sets

not too long ago a guy was doing some kneeling variation of a landmine row, and i genuinely was curious why he was doing that variation vs. standing, turns he didn’t really have a reason he just picked that version from his workout buddy and we had a calm cool interaction about movement selection

recently i was in the court and noticed a guy working on one handed form shooting close to the basket but when he went extended his range to shoot free throws his form totally changed with this odd hitch, so asked was he aware of this and we had a cool lil’ discussion

in no situation would i necessarily purport myself to know more or correct someone really, i just ask questions and offer a suggestions, or maybe mention/recommend a trip to youtube university/#doyagoogles search if the convo gets that far, but mostly it’s just out of curiosity
while criticism is good, I do mind my own business when it comes to workout routine. I'm not perfect myself and I'm sure I'm doing some mistakes as well. be it at the gym or at work with colleagues talking about their workout routine. some of them do go quite strong and seem to sound more arrogant than helpful telling you stuff that you are doing wrong. it would have been great seeing them or the results of their correct technique but seeing them bloated than me or having injuries that their doctor couldn't figure out does give you an eyebrow raising or smirk reaction.

having said that, I took a day-off yesterday since I wasn't able to fully recover from my Day 1 gym visit. called in sick today since pain finally sat in. now I have to do some hot-cold therapy in a bit and resume Day 2 today and go to work tomorrow. I'll dial it down a notch for now.

while criticism is good, I do mind my own business when it comes to workout routine. I'm not perfect myself and I'm sure I'm doing some mistakes as well. be it at the gym or at work with colleagues talking about their workout routine. some of them do go quite strong and seem to sound more arrogant than helpful telling you stuff that you are doing wrong. it would have been great seeing them or the results of their correct technique but seeing them bloated than me or having injuries that their doctor couldn't figure out does give you an eyebrow raising or smirk reaction.
How impudent of you.
Smug-Escanor.png

having said that, I took a day-off yesterday since I wasn't able to fully recover from my Day 1 gym visit. called in sick today since pain finally sat in. now I have to do some hot-cold therapy in a bit and resume Day 2 today and go to work tomorrow. I'll dial it down a notch for now.

mjlol.png

Image of Pussy.

sneeker sneeker

Yeah, I don't care how many sick days or how much PTO you got. Unless you got rhabdo and can't stop peeing root beer...

Reminds me of the thread from that other site where ole buddy did one CrossFit WoD with his homeboy and ended up in the ICU.
picard.png

Matter of fact:

He's not my homie so I don't mind sharing his pain.
Gym-Kermit.png
speaking of, I do have liver concerns. reason why I was doing those quarterly blood letting routine. was having iron overload more than 3x time normal for 2 years. didn't help that I don't have a gall bladder anymore.

speaking of, I do have liver concerns. reason why I was doing those quarterly blood letting routine. was having iron overload more than 3x time normal for 2 years. didn't help that I don't have a gall bladder anymore.

Liver concerns and no gallbladder or kidney issues due to extreme muscle catabolism? :nerd:

Been looking on the web and haven’t found a direct answer. What would
Isometric holds
And
Sprints
be identifiable as on the Apple Watch. Googled and got conflicting answers.

Back
Top Bottom