STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

dont know too much about that particular kind of bread but ive recently purchased some breads and starches that id like to share with you (especially those following Ketogenic diet principles, but still know you can take in 50-80 grams of carbs without leaving ketosis)

9 carbs - 9 grams of fiber = 0 net carbs (although im sure there is a trace carb or two in there)

9 grams of protein per slice 

59 cals per slice on the Carb Zero bread, 100 cals for a slice of the Paleo bread.

I just picked up these loaves from JulianBakery.com and so far so good. I have a couple of slices of these every day or so and it never kicks me out of ketosis.

I just took these loaves out of the freezer for some pics (one of the Carb Zero breads is Cinnamon Flavor).

its best to keep these loaves frozen if you dont plan on going through it too quick; the loaf will only last about a week in the fridge but 4-5 months in the freezer

Works out wonderful because I love grilled cheese with bacon and now i can hit my macros AND keep the net cards very low

I also picked up some Lavash bread as well. each disc is about 5 oz so 280 calories and about 20 net carbs for the whole shell. I really like making thin crust pizza, and this helps out alot with the carb overload. they also have low carb pizza sauces. 

locarbconnection.com

I eat this kind of pizza all the time. i still use real cheese and sandwich style pepperoni, but with only 20 net carbs, cant beat it.

aannd just what my fridge looks like as of half an hour ago. 
laugh.gif
 I still eat carbohydrates alot, but only right before workouts (TKD)

overall if you're really trying to cut down on your carbs but still love these foods, some minor adjustments is all it takes.

Work smarter, not harder.

none of these starches ever kick me out of Ketosis either, so overall its been great adding these into my diet.

Last edited:
:lol: thanks for sharing that pic of your fridge. I dont know why, but in a weird way i've always been fascinated to see whats in other peoples fridges.
Everyone else should post theirs too.

I remember those old school episodes of CRIBS, one of my favorite parts would be when the celebs would show us what's in their fridge.
I know, I'm weird. I enjoyed it :lol: :smh:

I've been extremely sick with a stomach flu/infection for the past 2 weeks, so gym has been out of the question. I finally felt close to fully recovered today so I tried going back to the gym.

I did a small workout, doing a little of everything. But I could tell my body wasn't ready for a fully intense work-out. I started to feel a little dizzy so I called it a day and came home.

Do you guys have any tips on work-outs I can do to slowly get back into shape? Weights were just too much for me, so I did push-ups and pull ups and some mild cardio.

I lost a lot of weight the past 2 weeks, but I wasn't trying to. It obviously happened due to a lack of appetite and my sickness. Since I was cutting prior to the sickness, should I keep going with the weight loss and continue to lose body fat? Or would it be healthier to put a little back on and start losing weight the right way again?

My girl said I'm looking really bony and thats definitely not the kind of weight loss that I was going for before I got sick... :rolleyes

I just feel so rusty, confused, and out of rhythm. Anyone ever felt like this after being sick for such a long period of time? I really had a lot of momentum going (hiking, cardio, weights, etc.) and this really screwed with my system. I thought it would be easy to get back in there today but it wasnt. |I

Time to shift my training from basketball to baseball oriented activities..... Havent played in 8 years. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
:lol: thanks for sharing that pic of your fridge. I dont know why, but in a weird way i've always been fascinated to see whats in other peoples fridges.
Everyone else should post theirs too.
I remember those old school episodes of CRIBS, one of my favorite parts would be when the celebs would show us what's in their fridge.
I know, I'm weird. I enjoyed it :lol: :smh:

If I lived alone my damb fridge would be organized like C27's :lol: :smh: :smh:

Not sure if you were serious about showing but here goes my stuffs

My cabinet. sodium free tomato paste, low sodium salsa, psyllium, my seasonings (Curry, smoked paprika, OG & Fiesta Lime Mrs. Dash, spicy blend salt free kroger seasoning) 10lb MyoProbiotic, 5lb ON my bro bought up top, sugar free TJ's cocoa powder, Stevia in the raw, various Sugar Free pudding.jello mixes

various FF Greek yogurts, cottage cheese, peaches and cooked ground turkey in the tupperware

FF Ham & Turkeys, low fat mozz, FF American slices, low sodium tuekry and regular pepperoni

Raspberry Jalapeno jam the gf brought back from NO, blueberry jam and Walden Farms

protein baked goods via the GF's oven, recipes from LeanBodyLifestyle and getfitfeelsexy on IG (black bean brownie & cheesecake muffins)

whole wheat low carb tortillas & pita, whole grain sandwich thins in the freezer. I'm not big on breads since I started this, but I make a sandwich here and there

low-cal ice cream/fruit bars, the worst would be the asian fruit ones, 110cal each. These are another occasional treat, definitely not a staple.

THESE are staples, chunky and creamy nut butters, and oats. PB goes in almost every shake, and odds are if i'm making a sammich it's of the PB variety :lol:

Another staple, my hot sauces. As I said in the hot sauce thread... i'm Mexican, it's like i'm obligated to use this #Dat0Cal :smokin #DatSodium :frown: :smh:

Had to go to the garage and snap a picture of my items in the freezer. Turkey breast burgers, frozen cooked chicken breasts, chicken thighs and drumsticks, ground turkey, GV 60cal fruit bars, skinny cow ice cream sammies, Dreyers Splenda based low cal ice cream - yogurt blend

Last but not least, my 40lb stash in my tasty smelling closet :lol:

Before the comments, I enjoy having the ice cream, although TBH i've had the Healthy Choice box since May, I take it easy on them ice creams because I prefer to get my macros elsewhere :smile:

Nice stuff cinco. Appreciate the pics and the detailed descriptions. :lol:
Damn you got a lot of stuff in storage, i definitely buy most of my stuff more paycheck to paycheck, minus the chicken which i buy in bulk and the protein powders.

How much do you spend on groceries per week/month? Do you have a set list, or do you go with the flow?
It looks like your girl eats healthy too, that always helps things. Good to have a good influence around you when it comes to fitness and health.

:rofl: @ all that peanut butter. I love PB too but damn, you're love goes to another level. :lol:
Love your hot sauce collection. :smokin I gotta step my game up :smh:

Nice stuff bro :nthat:

Last edited:
Nice stuff cinco. Appreciate the pics and the detailed descriptions. :lol:
Damn you got a lot of stuff in storage, i definitely buy most of my stuff more paycheck to paycheck, minus the chicken which i buy in bulk and the protein powders.
How much do you spend on groceries per week/month? Do you have a set list, or do you go with the flow?
It looks like your girl eats healthy too, that always helps things. Good to have a good influence around you when it comes to fitness and health.
:rofl: @ all that peanut butter. I love PB too but damn, you're love goes to another level. :lol:
Love your hot sauce collection. :smokin I gotta step my game up :smh:
Nice stuff bro :nthat:

I was catching up in the thread from the phone and said eff it, got to snapping :lol:

I stock up when they're on sale. For example , the turkey patties. I have 5 or 6 of em back there in the freezer, they were $5 or 6 each, so I had to stock up when they're usually $10, same for the chicken breast I bought on Friday, $1/lb at Smart&Final, usually 2.--/lb.

Couponing helps a LOT. Sure, it's a somewhat tedious task, but that $1 paper on Sundays does pay off.
-Poultry
-FF Lunch meats/ LF pepperoni
-Sandwich thins
-PB
-Fruits and veggies
- GY/CC
- Almond Milk

Essentials during a visit are poultry almost always since i've all but kicked out red meat. Greek is another, I decided to get some CC to add into my sludge. the pepperoni goes onto my pita pizzas/wraps :smokin

She does eat healthy , it was actually her going to kickboxing and gym with me not doing a thing that motivated me to get on it. She's a self proclaimed newbie in the kitchen, and that may be so, but she can definitely throw down whatever recipe she reads. I enjoy that she's up for a healthy challenge :lol:

PB is awesome. I had some nutella I had to toss out cuz I never used it and it went bad haha.

I enjoy the differences in the hot sauces, girlfriend brought a few back from NO and another trip she took to Turks/Caicos a few months ago.
And the protein is what i've stockpiled most of, I went all in when BB.com put their own on clearance, and caught Syntha-6 in a similar situation.

Best advice I can give is to invest in your Sunday papers, if you find a good coupon buy a few of em. There's a few websites out there that somehow get all the info on what coupons will be in the biggest Sunday paper of the month (usually the first Sunday)

yo im bout to sign up at planet fitness today. its right down the street from my job

main thing i wanna do is pack on some muscle and get some abs.

i have 2 problems: 1. i want to workout right after work, but i be so hungry i just wanna eat first before i do anything. what do yall suggest i can bring to work that's light enough for me to eat right before i work out?

2. any workout regimens yall got that has proven results for gaining max muscle? just need a lil direction.

much appreciated.

yo im bout to sign up at planet fitness today. its right down the street from my job

i have 2 problems: 1. i want to workout right after work, but i be so hungry i just wanna eat first before i do anything. what do yall suggest i can bring to work that's light enough for me to eat right before i work out?

2. any workout regimens yall got that has proven results for gaining max muscle? just need a lil direction.

much appreciated.

If you're new to weight training, Starting Strength.

Last edited:
much appreciated.

IMHO. You not going to get any "max muscle" in planet fitness. If I was you, I'd just pick a split and try different exercises. The more serious you get the more you will want to move to another gym. For right now, Just make up your own regimen and make your main goal going to the gym and also to have fun.

I asked you guys about Neurocore Preworkout awhile back....

Ive taken it a few times now and so far its been great. It reminds me a lot of jack3d in terms of taste and serving. However it is a very nice, clean, non itching, non sweaty rush of energy that lasts a good duration of the workout. I noticed the pumps arent really there though but thats fine. Its cheap too bros, get some on Amazon its worth it.

On a sidenote, deadlifting is my favorite day now. Nothing is more motivating than that. Along with squats it has to be the most practical exercise.

ima check out that book too, thanks

also any suggestions on what i can eat before i workout so i won't be so hungry while i workout?

Last edited:
whats wrong wit planet fitness? they got less weights than everybody else or what
its not really a "weightlifters" gym.

they prey on very casual gym-goers and entice them with a $10/mo pricetag knowing many of them just sign up and will only make the occasional sporadic appearance.

not to mention they literally set off a "Lunk" Alarm (a Lunk is basically their slang/insult for an avid weight lifter) if you drop the weight on the ground.

They also have monthly Pizza and Bagel days (at a GYM no less) along with Tootsie rolls at the counter. They just cater to the weekend warrior more or less.

good looks on that bread, club. i'm gonna grab some and give it a try.
if you're really picky about your bread taste, grab the bread from locarbconnection.com

really toasts well (great for toasted sandys, grilled cheese, etc) and tastes authentic, just alot less protein per slice. still solid though.

Paleo Bread and Carb Zero are still bready (is that a word?) but its mostly almond flour so dont let that slightly tougher texture in your mouth (PAWS) put you off. both solid bread and 9 grams of protein per slice

i actually picked up some low carb dinner rolls as well (also from locarbconnection.com) ill put a pic of those in a bit. GREAT for making Sliders (if you're into that).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom