STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Killed all this

ive been told many times to start deadlifting. i want to but at the same time i dont.

i have no one to teach me how to do it correctly, i know its not too hard and i bet i could get my form down quickly like i do with everything else :lol: might think about it and give it a try since its good for the entire body.

Start deadlifting bro. Just start very light until you get the form down. It's a great movement.

^^^ cellucor whey, bb.com has it buy one get one right now ... the taste is amazing
i love pancakes/french toast but barely eat them
i close my eyes when im drinking cinnamon swirl and imagine that i am eating some nice hot pancake on a sunday morning .

the pb and m flavor is also amazing. i like it more than cinnamon swirl, by far the best tasting protein i have ever use.

and every person that works out should deadlift. the deadlift is king.

Last edited:
bulking is unnecessary?

umm yea..

If you can make gains without putting on significant weight (which means you are basically adding muscle and burning fat) why wouldn't you choose this lifestyle? Like BigBoss said, it gets taxing on your body, always gotta figure out what clothes you own do and don't fit, just all kinds of problems I'm tired of. Sure maybe the gains aren't quite as fast at times, but then you save the time of a long, strenuous cut where it's extremely hard to continue to get stronger.

Do you think college/pro athletes "cut" or "bulk?" Not a chance. Sure their training is structured more for strength in the early part of the offseason generally them followed by a speed and explosiveness phase that ends up burning off some fat, but the whole getting huge thing just seems unnecessary to me. Clearly it works, but why overdo it if you can get gains easier?

On another note, all this talk about the marshmallow PB cellucor has me cravin hard. Do GNCs stock these if I need to go snag one? It's a shame it's not bogo on bb.com.

Last edited:
that cellucor looks so tempting but i just bought 2 2lbs of Gold Standard whey for bogo. :frown:

if you guys like those cellucor flavors that much, look for vpx sro graham cracker when it goes on sale. the macros are great and the taste is comparable - same light flavoring. or if you like a great tasting protein at a nice price - giant sports delicious protein is a fantastic option. myself, i prefer stronger flavoring. there is still nothing that beats xf up 2.0 lemon cream pie, butterscotch and cinnamon roll. old myofusion was great. trutein is nice, vasolate is great, certain flavors of isoflex are great, protizyme peanut butter cookie is awesome. xf up 2.0 is still the king of taste imo.

jonnie candito is awesome he keeps it simple but always backs up his training philopshys with data and science and has PERFECT form on everything. he also backs it up with a 500lbs+ squat at 5'7 180 lbs. :x :smokin IMO he has the ideal physique too he looks solid, muscular and dense without the whole bloated, puffy look that bodybuilders aim for.
I wouldn't say ideal physique though. 5'7 isn't ideal.

If you can make gains without putting on significant weight (which means you are basically adding muscle and burning fat) why wouldn't you choose this lifestyle? Like BigBoss said, it gets taxing on your body, always gotta figure out what clothes you own do and don't fit, just all kinds of problems I'm tired of. Sure maybe the gains aren't quite as fast at times, but then you save the time of a long, strenuous cut where it's extremely hard to continue to get stronger.

Do you think college/pro athletes "cut" or "bulk?" Not a chance. Sure their training is structured more for strength in the early part of the offseason generally them followed by a speed and explosiveness phase that ends up burning off some fat, but the whole getting huge thing just seems unnecessary to me. Clearly it works, but why overdo it if you can get gains easier?

On another note, all this talk about the marshmallow PB cellucor has me cravin hard. Do GNCs stock these if I need to go snag one? It's a shame it's not bogo on bb.com.
Um college football players bulk hard in the offseason,

Also, ZYZZ - here's a good deadlift video for you to watch:

Last edited:
^^^ cellucor whey, bb.com has it buy one get one right now ... the taste is amazing
i love pancakes/french toast but barely eat them
i close my eyes when im drinking cinnamon swirl and imagine that i am eating some nice hot pancake on a sunday morning .

the pb and m flavor is also amazing. i like it more than cinnamon swirl, by far the best tasting protein i have ever use.

and every person that works out should deadlift. the deadlift is king.

With this protein, do you just use water and shake it up or actually make a protein shake with milk, pb, etc?

I don't think football players cut, they eat good and train year round and some of course juice. They have nutritionist so they could be technically bulking at one point.

No, college or pro football players don't "bulk" hard in the offseason.

pro, usually not...

college most certainly trains heavy for strength (majority bulk due to heavier weight).

its important for college athletes in certain positions to gain weight - build up for pro ball.

no true freshman will end up same weight as a senior.

i walked into summer camp at 215lbs as incoming freshman, after season when we strength trained, i gained 8 pounds.

played LB if that matters..

i currently weight 195lbs - 3 years removed from ball.

much stronger now than i was at 225lbs.

pro, usually not...

college most certainly trains heavy for strength (majority bulk due to heavier weight).

its important for college athletes in certain positions to gain weight - build up for pro ball.

i walked into summer camp at 215lbs as incoming freshman, after season when we strength trained, i gained 8 pounds.

Trust me I kno all abt college ball. Played in the SEC myself. And when I said "bulk" I was referring to the typical bodybuilding bulk followed by a cut. Yes college players strength programs are geared towards strength and power and athletes who need to put on size go through proper nutritional counciling so that they gain proper weight while maintaining or increasing speed. Freshman will of course gain size and strength throughout their years in a good strength and conditioning program but nobody "bulks" for asthetic purposes in a bodybuliding sense.

No, college or pro football players don't "bulk" hard in the offseason.
They may not refer to it as "bulking", but college football players certainly eat a significant caloric surplus to put on weight in the offseason. Slightly different purpose than a bodybuilding bulk, but the concept is the same. I'm guessing we're arguing semantics here.

pro, usually not...

This.

How tall are you? You look a lot bigger than 195 in the pic. Also sick hair brah.

Trust me I kno all abt college ball. Played in the SEC myself. And when I said "bulk" I was referring to the typical bodybuilding bulk followed by a cut. Yes college players strength programs are geared towards strength and power and athletes who need to put on size go through proper nutritional counciling so that they gain proper weight while maintaining or increasing speed. Freshman will of course gain size and strength throughout their years in a good strength and conditioning program but nobody "bulks" for asthetic purposes in a bodybuliding sense.
Word - I agree with you then.

Last edited:
They may not refer to it as "bulking", but college football players certainly eat a significant caloric surplus to put on weight in the offseason. Slightly different purpose than a bodybuilding bulk, but the concept is the same. I'm guessing we're arguing semantics here.
This.

How tall are you? You look a lot bigger than 195 in the pic.

6'0.

i once weighted 265lbs :lol:

i used to power lift years ago.

woke up one day and decided to do a lifestyle change.

Back
Top Bottom