STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

^

Yeah im interested in muscle pharm as well. They have this recovery drink that I would like to try out.

On another note, a month and a half ago I went from running 0 miles a week to consistently pulling 10 mile weeks. I think its finally taking a toll on my weight lifting and overall workouts. I just feel completely exhausted midway through my workouts. I push on, and still do my 2-3 miles on the treadmill after. Today, I was on the treadmill for about a half mile and I said screw it. Felt like crap that I coudnt finish, but im trying to listen to my body. Shin splints arent helping either. Might give myself a 2-3 day rest...

Whats your typical workout routine?

^

Yeah im interested in muscle pharm as well. They have this recovery drink that I would like to try out.

On another note, a month and a half ago I went from running 0 miles a week to consistently pulling 10 mile weeks. I think its finally taking a toll on my weight lifting and overall workouts. I just feel completely exhausted midway through my workouts. I push on, and still do my 2-3 miles on the treadmill after. Today, I was on the treadmill for about a half mile and I said screw it. Felt like crap that I coudnt finish, but im trying to listen to my body. Shin splints arent helping either. Might give myself a 2-3 day rest...
Shin splints are the worst. I can't run on a treadmill for 1 minute without my shins starting to hurt. What I do now is either use the exercise bike or speed walk on the treadmill on the highest incline. 

Whats your typical workout routine?
Lifting days (upper back/shoulder/trap, bi/tri, chest/deadlift, light legs), followed by a 2 mile run. I throw in abs every 2 days or whenever. I go for 8-10 reps usually, 4 sets. I just started this split last week, just to change things up. Honestly, I havent done legs in a while just because I dont want it to affect my running.

Off days, I still go to the gym for a 3 mile run (alternate between 5.0-8.5, never go below 5 which is my minimal jog pace, basically I try to HIIT it, not really HIIT but the concept is there). If im up for it and the boxing room isnt too crowded, ill go for like 10 minute and a half rounds with 30 seconds rest inbetween. I havent done this in about 2 weeks though, concentrating on the running. Basically im in the gym probably 5 days a week, and pulling 10-12 miles on the treadmill.

I do realize since im on a cut that my strength is gonna suffer, im pushing less weight. Im down 10-20lbs from my usual working set weight.

I am down to 196 last time I checked. Started the summer at 212.

Last edited:
Can anyone do handstand pushups? I'm trying to press into a handstand from a headstand and I can barely budge.

Lifting days (upper back/shoulder/trap, bi/tri, chest/deadlift, light legs), followed by a 2 mile run. I throw in abs every 2 days or whenever. I go for 8-10 reps usually, 4 sets. I just started this split last week, just to change things up. Honestly, I havent done legs in a while just because I dont want it to affect my running.

Off days, I still go to the gym for a 3 mile run (alternate between 5.0-8.5, never go below 5 which is my minimal jog pace, basically I try to HIIT it, not really HIIT but the concept is there). If im up for it and the boxing room isnt too crowded, ill go for like 10 minute and a half rounds with 30 seconds rest inbetween. I havent done this in about 2 weeks though, concentrating on the running. Basically im in the gym probably 5 days a week, and pulling 10-12 miles on the treadmill.

I do realize since im on a cut that my strength is gonna suffer, im pushing less weight. Im down 10-20lbs from my usual working set weight.

I am down to 196 last time I checked. Started the summer at 212.

No wonder youre exhausted. Thats an incrediebly high volume. On the days you lift, how many exercises do you do?

4 days of high volume lifting with 2 miles of running in addition to a couple days of 3 miles runs/boxing while restricting calories? Something needs to be altered.

No wonder youre exhausted. Thats an incrediebly high volume. On the days you lift, how many exercises do you do?
4 days of high volume lifting with 2 miles of running in addition to a couple days of 3 miles runs/boxing while restricting calories? Something needs to be altered.
I think its all on the fact im restricting calories so my recovery isnt really 100%.

On the days I lift, I do 4, maybe 5 exercises for that body part. Back I almost always do 5 exercises, 4 sets each for example.

Just the past few workouts have I felt too tired, I guess its catching up to me. My goal is to lose weight, its working for me but its also very taxing on my body. Should I give myself 2 full rest days a week? I was thinking 2 full rest days, especially between those days I do 3 mile runs.

Its not even just the caloric restriction, thats a very heavy volume to exercises too. Thats 20 sets per muscle group, which is a lot without adding aerobic training.

Yeah, I would definitely add another day of no exercise. Youre overtraining.

Its not even just the caloric restriction, thats a very heavy volume to exercises too. Thats 20 sets per muscle group, which is a lot without adding aerobic training.
How about the whole take a week off of weight training, but still running? Im fairly conditioned now, so my legs dont hurt, nor am I tired from running the day after. Its weird, I feel exhausted quicker when I workout, but as of right now while im home, or when I wake up in the morning, ill feel pretty good. Im only exhausted after say half an hour into my weight training.

i found Gaspari IntraPRO 2lb for $19 shipped.

PM me if you want it, they got vanilla, strawberry, and double chocolate. much better and more expensive than Myofusion. already ordered some for myself :smile:

How about the whole take a week off of weight training, but still running? Im fairly conditioned now, so my legs dont hurt, nor am I tired from running the day after. Its weird, I feel exhausted quicker when I workout, but as of right now while im home, or when I wake up in the morning, ill feel pretty good. Im only exhausted after say half an hour into my weight training.

Taking a week off weight training would help you feel not as exhausted but how about when you come back? That routine you're doing will keep coming to the same conclusion.

Cardio isn't useless by any means but there's no need for that much when you're lifting as well. Also, do you do cardio before lifting or the other way around? I'd lift before so you have as much energy as possible.

Always lift before I run.

I just see it as my goal right now is to lose weight (fat). Im not concerned so much with getting stronger/bigger muscles. If anything, id like to maintain the muscle I have now, and just keep losing fat.

On a side note, I tried on a few flannels and dress shirts.
eek.gif
at how much a difference a 15lb loss is. Some of my stuff is just falling off me.
pimp.gif

Now I gotta do some heavy shopping for fall and winter coming up.
laugh.gif
Feelsgoodman.

Always lift before I run.

I just see it as my goal right now is to lose weight (fat). Im not concerned so much with getting stronger/bigger muscles. If anything, id like to maintain the muscle I have now, and just keep losing fat.

On a side note, I tried on a few flannels and dress shirts. :wow: at how much a difference a 15lb loss is. Some of my stuff is just falling off me. :pimp:

Now I gotta do some heavy shopping for fall and winter coming up. :lol: Feelsgoodman.

You could actually lose fat weight just by doing one or the other...both will just end up straining your body.

I'd take off the days you go to the gym just to run. I would just lift then run and rest. You're eating at a calorie deficit, weight lifting, AND running. How is your body supposed to recover from that especially when you're not eating at/above maintenance?

been eaiting sweets lately, i need it though. gotta gain some weight then get back on IF diet.

today i started the Rock Hard Challenge from M&F mag.
stuff was mad crazy considering I had not worked out in a month or so..

Will post later what i did as well as my stats. Going to use this as my ''workout log'' and motivation!

PM me if you want it, they got vanilla, strawberry, and double chocolate. much better and more expensive than Myofusion. already ordered some for myself :smile:

whats the difference between this and myofusion? just read the descriptions on bb.com and i have no idea :lol:

Does anybody use muscle pharms products?
Just recently finished a cycle of Assault - didn't really think it done much compared to other per workouts, I know it's more of an energy type per rather then a pump product but nah man don't believe the hype, for the price look at other options IMO

I actually think pre-workouts are sort of useless...

I've tried White Flood, C4, MP Assault, and a few others...

All in all, I prefer not taking any to work out, no side effects, no extra sweat, nothing.

^It's all about preference.

If you don't need an extra boost for those workouts then all props to you.

I usually use Jack3d at least once a week...after a long day at work I don't feel like doing anything...

^It's all about preference.

If you don't need an extra boost for those workouts then all props to you.

I usually use Jack3d at least once a week...after a long day at work I don't feel like doing anything...

Oh, I know it's preference but most of these pre-workouts "effects" are all in your mind. Not all, but most.

When I first tried C4, I thought it gave me energy. Halfway through a tub, I realized it just made me sweat more and it was pretty much useless.

whats the difference between this and myofusion? just read the descriptions on bb.com and i have no idea :lol:

Intrapro is an isolate, it is more purer than whey protein. it also costs more.

Love being an Ectomorph. Visting family over the summer and been on that there bulk mode for 6 weeks. Gained 5kg with minimal fat gain. My gf gonna hnnnnng when she sees me in a few days. You jelly brahs?

What do you guys think about platinum hydrowhey? Worth the cost? I took it for about a month a while ago and I had some decent results.

I was taking it when I first started out and didn't find it any more beneficial than the gold standard. In fact, when I switched over to gold standard I noticed more improvement physique wise. I don't attribute it to the protein I was taking but you're better off sticking with gold standard. Hyrowhey isn't worth it.

as i said awhile back hyrdowhey is nothing special and not worth the cost.

just get ON whey gold standard.

no need to pay extra for whey. get what ever is good quality and decent tasting and your fine.

Back
Top Bottom