STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

my diet to gain (check my previous posts)

Go Lean Cereal W/ milk

2 Egg whites

2 full eggs

Cheese

Wheat Beagal

2-3 peices of turkey Bacon

Fruit grapes, a banana, an apple, or orange

Snack

String Cheese

2-3 long sticks of Celery

3-5 tablespoons of peanut butter

Lunch

1 whole can of Tuna w/ mayo

2 slices of wheat bread

Protein bar

Snack

2 caramel Rice cakes

1 cup of brown rice

Dinner

1-2 Chicken breasts

Baked potato

1 cup green beans

Workout

After workout

1-2 scoops of Whey

this is only a draft i haven't started yet need some help what should i add or subtract? i am very picky eater

How many calories is that tho? Trying to gain? Height/weight? That's the most important part, not the kinds of foods

Go Lean Cereal W/ milk

2 Egg whites

2 full eggs

Cheese

Wheat Beagal

Snack

String Cheese

Lunch

2 slices of wheat bread

Protein bar

Snack

2 caramel Rice cakes

1 cup of brown rice

Dinner

1-2 Chicken breasts

Baked potato

1 cup green beans

Workout

After workout

1-2 scoops of Whey

this is only a draft i haven't started yet need some help what should i add or subtract? i am very picky eater

How many calories is that tho? Trying to gain? Height/weight? That's the most important part, not the kinds of foods
after logging my diet plan these are my results. i used the supertracker on the website choosemyplate.gov

I'm trying to run but am dying after almost 3/4s of a mile
mean.gif

any words of wisdom and running routines/endurance builders for complete beginners?

I look for stuff online but none of those routine suggestions really help. My endurance is TURRIBLE.

I'd like to be able to run 5 miles overall for distance and 3 miles in under 21 mins for speed by spring (always thought USMC fitness standards brought out the best). Any suggestions would be great.

Last edited:
I'm trying to run but am dying after almost 3/4s of a mile
mean.gif

any words of wisdom and running routines/endurance builders for complete beginners?

I look for stuff online but none of those routine suggestions really help. My endurance is TURRIBLE.

I'd like to be able to run 5 miles overall for distance and 3 miles in under 21 mins for speed by spring. Any suggestions would be great.
Set small goals and work your way up. I used to hate running only a month ago, now I go for 2-3 miles after a workout. Are you running track or treadmill? My advice is if you are a real beginner, stick to a treadmill for a few weeks. Running on a track is "better" but its also harder if you cant push yourself. Atleast with a treadmill you can say to yourself "hey im not gonna stop for another 30 seconds", and you just hold back til that 30 seconds is up, lower the speed to give yourself a quick breather then pump it up again. The treadmill is only gonna push you if you hold yourself back from lowering that speed. Alternate from a brisk walk, to a jog, to a run, to a "sprint", then go back down, then back up, etc etc. When you build your endurance enough and talk away the brisk walk part from the treadmill, hit the track and see if you can push yourself there.

I'm trying to run but am dying after almost 3/4s of a mile :smh:

I'd like to be able to run 5 miles overall for distance and 3 miles in under 21 mins for speed by spring (always thought USMC fitness standards brought out the best). Any suggestions would be great.

try Couch to 5k.. I could barely run 3 min when i started and just last week i ran my first mile :pimp: :pimp: .. its all i wanna do now :lol:

I've been going to the gym every week day after working an 8 hour shift for a few months now.

This passed week I was worn out, sluggish, and felt like it was more of a chore than something I enjoy.

So, I read a lot about a recovery week and how it ultimately helps your gains both physically and mentally.

It's the perfect time for me to take a break.

However, i'm going to still eat well and not just sit on my ***. I'll be doing some yoga-ish stuff and some basketball as well.

Set small goals and work your way up. I used to hate running only a month ago, now I go for 2-3 miles after a workout. Are you running track or treadmill? My advice is if you are a real beginner, stick to a treadmill for a few weeks. Running on a track is "better" but its also harder if you cant push yourself. Atleast with a treadmill you can say to yourself "hey im not gonna stop for another 30 seconds", and you just hold back til that 30 seconds is up, lower the speed to give yourself a quick breather then pump it up again. The treadmill is only gonna push you if you hold yourself back from lowering that speed. Alternate from a brisk walk, to a jog, to a run, to a "sprint", then go back down, then back up, etc etc. When you build your endurance enough and talk away the brisk walk part from the treadmill, hit the track and see if you can push yourself there.
I've been using a track. I just like the feeling of moving more but I'll check out with the treadmill. Any ideas to use the two to complement each other? Like one for sprints and one for endurance?
try Couch to 5k.. I could barely run 3 min when i started and just last week i ran my first mile
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.. its all i wanna do now
laugh.gif
just peeped it and this looks good since it gives times and distances. I'm going to try this tomorrow after work thanks.

Go Lean Cereal W/ milk
2 Egg whites
2 full eggs
Cheese
Wheat Beagal
Fruit grapes, a banana,  an apple, or orange

Snack
String Cheese

Lunch
2 slices of wheat bread
Protein bar

Snack
2 caramel Rice cakes
1 cup of brown rice

Dinner
1-2 Chicken breasts
Baked potato
1 cup green beans
Workout

After workout
1-2 scoops of Whey

You could always jog the bends of a track and sprint as much as you can on the straight aways.

Use treadmill for distance and time. Track does give you more freedom but treadmill will push you.

I've been going to the gym every week day after working an 8 hour shift for a few months now.

This passed week I was worn out, sluggish, and felt like it was more of a chore than something I enjoy.

So, I read a lot about a recovery week and how it ultimately helps your gains both physically and mentally.

However, i'm going to still eat well and not just sit on my ***. I'll be doing some yoga-ish stuff and some basketball as well.

we all have those kind of weeks.

taking a week long from lifting is a good thing but this is only after you have been lifting for awhile.

dont be one of those dudes who takes a week off every 3 weeks :lol:

i took my first week off after 4 months. your body can use the rest and its great for your muscles. just keep up with your diet and your perfectly fine.

taking a week long from lifting is a good thing but this is only after you have been lifting for awhile.

i took my first week off after 4 months. your body can use the rest and its great for your muscles. just keep up with your diet and your perfectly fine.

Just took a week off and its one of the best moves you can do. Been working out for 4 months and was feeling sluggish like you said and i felt like i was on a plateau. Def feel better after the week with more visible results. Improved my workout technique as well. Just a tip though: during the week, stay eating healthy, a week off is not a cheat week.

Just took a week off and its one of the best moves you can do. Been working out for 4 months and was feeling sluggish like you said and i felt like i was on a plateau. Def feel better after the week with more visible results. Improved my workout technique as well. Just a tip though: during the week, stay eating healthy, a week off is not a cheat week.

Whenever I do my recovery week... It's usually the week I eat healthiest! :lol: Not by choice either, it's always been like that.

Go Lean Cereal W/ milk
2 Egg whites
2 full eggs
Cheese
Wheat Beagal

Snack
String Cheese

Lunch
2 slices of wheat bread
Protein bar

Snack
2 caramel Rice cakes
1 cup of brown rice

Dinner
1-2 Chicken breasts
Baked potato
1 cup green beans
Workout

After workout
1-2 scoops of Whey
238g of protein/day? did i read that right

When you guys take a week off, is it a week off from just weight training? Or do you guys cut out the cardio as well?

Lost 12 pounds in three weeks due to mono..

I don't know what will be the indicator that I can get back to going hard in the gym... Take another blood test? I don't want to come back too soon and shoot myself in the foot recovery-wise.

Haven taken a full week off from playing basketball after having chronic knee pain....probably sprained a ligament or something, but I always refuse to go to doctors.

Focusing more energy back on the weights and leaning out some of this bulk mass I have been putting on that I think has been contributing to my bad knees.

I can add and drop weight pretty quickly now.....can't be good.

What's a good dead lift amount. I know it's all relative but how much are you guys dead lifting?

405 is impressive.

i'm still at 225x4, but i stopped d-ling about a year ago.

I've gained some weight, i was around 155 during the winter and now i'm at 172, slackin' hardcore. I'm only going 2-4x a week to the gym, too. The motivation is gone, the only thing that is driving me is the fear of being a tub of lard. I had icecream the other day and didn't even think twice, about it, and then later in the day remembered a time where i would pass up on it, and if i had it i would subtract those calories from my total calories.

Going to hit the gym hard again in the upcoming months.

Most I've done is 525 for 2 but that's at 265 lbs. I don't consider my self strong for my weight. Double your body weight is pretty good but I know a lot of guys doing 2.5 and even triple their weight.

Back
Top Bottom