STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Got too much going on, in a bad way. Didn't make it yesterday to the gym, but forced myself today. It's amazing how many lifts you can do when your lifting partner isn't gabbing away :lol: :smokin

30 mins and I was exhausted, hadn't ate all day, forgot to weigh in Friday, did so today, 209 :smile:

12lb away from goal #2, a bit bothered it won't be met by my original date of Saturday, but who cares, progress is the name of the game :smile:

I was dragged into a debate at work today in regards to Oxy Elite Pro and GNC RIpped Vitapak....

I told my coworker that GNC overcharges for that Vitapak but he tells me that his results are :smokin and is worth the $60

Then another coworker tells me that Oxy is better as it is a good weight loss "supplement" and is worth the $40

I think none are good.IMO *shrugs* and called them poor little kids....but then again they are comparing a Fatburner to Vitamins

Someone has a football training program link? Or has experience on training in high school football? I feel like I need to start training like an athlete, thats what I like, going to a soccer game and perfomr, play some pick-up bball and perform, etc. I can do that right now but not at the level I know i can get.

i have experience on soccer an basketball training in México, so weightlifting was out of the question :smh:

^ I keep telling myself i'm gonna stop playing, or go easy when i do- but then i get to the gym, and cant help it (sore back for days usually).
Going to do chest and shoulders tonight- keeping my bench to a max of a plate and a 25, dont want my chest getting any bigger (fear of getting moobs down the road)
How is benching heavy gonna give you moobs? You might get a well developed chest but you definitely ain't getting moobs.

Night of drinking turned into cookies, beers, chips, and a little cake.

I feel disgusting.
sick.gif
Will be running A LOT today, need to meet my 195 goal by Saturday.
tired.gif

Did some HIIT in the backyard this morning.

3 sets of sprints: About 40 seconds sprinting with 20 seconds of rest

2 sets of Jump-rope: Same timing as the sprints

Didn’t do too much, I definitely will do a little more next time, the sprints really got me though! Now time for a pre-workout shake and to get my *** to the gym!

Bros,

Cant even begin to tell ya how upset I am.
It sounds stupid but while I was riding passenger my friend flipped our golf cart at the course. He was driving like a **** and I wasnt ready to hold on for my life.
Missing my thumbnail and have some road rash because dude landed me on a cart path.
I am upset because I was getting into some of the best shape of my life.
No training for a few weeks because my right hand is useless and my leg is rashed up too.
Once leg heals Im goin ham on the leg press. Ive been doing weightless exercises but at best it gets my blood flowing. :frown:

Be careful out there if ya pull some shenanigans

^ I feel you, that's really annoying. Why is your right hand useless though?

I have road rash on my palm which is extremely painful. The more shallow the cut, the more nerve endings exposed. Also half of my thumbnail is gone as well as skin missing on my thumb and ring finger on my right hand. So I have 3 fingers that are useable but till my palm heals i cant hold anything. I think by the end of the week the palm will be good :pimp: Thumb will take awhile.

Ayo NT famb, I need some help.

Im a skinny dude. 5'6 and around 125 lb.

Im tryna gain some weight on my stomach a little bit...

any help?

also, is it true that its good for your muscles to drink a protein shake right after you work out?

I have road rash on my palm which is extremely painful. The more shallow the cut, the more nerve endings exposed. Also half of my thumbnail is gone as well as skin missing on my thumb and ring finger on my right hand. So I have 3 fingers that are useable but till my palm heals i cant hold anything. I think by the end of the week the palm will be good
pimp.gif
Thumb will take awhile.
quit being a *****... though.

take 2-3 days of.... wear a band aid and gloves an put a hand towel between your hand and weight... problem solved.

2-3 days of rest is good for you if youve been goin hard (pause)... youll come back stronger.

I hate using gloves. I like to feel the weight in my hand...pause. I dont even like using those foam grips or hand wraps anymore. Only for shoulder shrugs do I use the foam grips.

any help?

also, is it true that its good for your muscles to drink a protein shake right after you work out?

if you wanna gain weight you HAVE to eat :lol: theres no other way. eat more than what your eating now everyday and you will gain weight.

yes its good to have a protein drink after working out, its not necessary though.

any help?

if you wanna gain weight you HAVE to eat :lol: theres no other way. eat more than what your eating now everyday and you will gain weight.

yes its good to have a protein drink after working out, its not necessary though.

TapaTalk wouldn't let me post earlier but essentially what he said.

If I'm not mistaken however, a protein shake is better after a work out than whole foods because it absorbs quicker.

I know you should take a day off inbetween workouts, but I've been going everyday for the last 4 days, waking up sore as ****. Im use to it, but I heard thats bad? I know your body needs rest, yadi ya ya ya but is there a benefit on going consecutively?

take your shake right after, but still eat a good healthy meal after that as well. Protein before your workout (an hr or so) is not such a bad idea also.

I know you should take a day off inbetween workouts, but I've been going everyday for the last 4 days, waking up sore as ****. Im use to it, but I heard thats bad? I know your body needs rest, yadi ya ya ya but is there a benefit on going consecutively?

its fine if you're not doing the same muscle groups on back to back days. However, personally i try not to lift more than 3 days in a row because i have noticed that a rest day in between def helps with muscle recovery and prevents me from feeling burnt out. Also take into account that if you're doing shoulders one day and chest the next day...you're technically exercising your tricep muscles both days.

^^ what he said. As long as you are letting the muscle you worked rest, you can workout day after day. Have a rest day is good though, to give yourself a mental break from the tearing of muscles. Overtraining is not a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom