STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I USUALLY ROCK A TANK OR CUT UP T SHIRT.

BUT SINCE ITS WINTER IM GOING KAQI GREENE MODE. AINT NOTHING BUT HOODIES ADN SWEATS UNTIL MAY

wat hoodies you wearing? ^^

LOL JUST PLAIN COTTON HOODIES MAN.

IVE SEEN LIKE THOSE DRI-FIT TYPE HOODIES, BUT IM ALWAYS A CEAPSKATE WHEN IT COMES TO WORKOUT GEAR.

I ONLY SPLURGE FOR SNEAKERS, COMPRESSION SHORTS/TIGHTS. I USUALLY GET TRAINING GEAR ON DISCOUNT.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? PREF SUB $40

they cheap champion sweats at ****'s sporting goods and target/walmart.

I pretty much just wear nike stuff. when i do wear sweats its either gap athletic sweats, ecko, champion, or finishline/footlocker brand.

hmm.. guess im bout to cop this champion crewneck than.

MAY I SUGGEST A HOODIE THOUGH? HOOD DOUBLES AS A FACE TOWEL LOL

they cheap champion sweats at ****'s sporting goods and target/walmart.

I pretty much just wear nike stuff. when i do wear sweats its either gap athletic sweats, ecko, champion, or finishline/footlocker brand.

I HAVE ONE PAIR OF SWEATS THAT I LOVE. CHAMPION. THE REST I CANT IMAGINE TRAINING WITH. THEYRE THINNER AND TAPERE. AND DROP CROTCH LOL

The Dri-Fit hoodies are good, I get my athletic gear at a discount at my part time job. Nike Shorts, Noke Hoodies, Dri Fits for 30% off is :smokin

IdK man, I guess I train as much as I want because I know my body can take it. I've played competitive sports all through my life so...I'm just conditioned differently than most. I know my limits, so I tread softly. I definitely feel you on the injury/burn out/plateau part of it, no doubt, but I think even beyond the actual science, you must also know your own personal 'can and cannots'. Every rule of thumb is generally speaking. Before every workout, while I'm stretching and on the foam roller I'm doing mental and physical checklists of my body, taking every ache or pain, or lack thereof into account. Plus I'm getting great nutrition, and I rehab my body regularly with massages, yoga, hot tubs, saunas, the occasional ice bath, etc. So I mean I'm taking precautions and whatnot. I'm not just trying to be a big guy, I want to be in great shape overall, and functional.
nah bro, I got it in. Did legs, 12-45lb plates on leg press, 2-45lb dbs on walking lunges, not too heavy on dead lifts and some quick but tough calf work. My body felt great, I couldn't just sit still at home. Went and knocked out a quick hour. I'll chill tomorrow.

I see fam, very good point about it all being different from person to person.
Also you seem to take more precautions than most and judging from your pics have been training for a while.
As you've said you know your own body better than I would, it's just that I've seen dudes going that hard end up on the wrong side of the tracks
All love g, keep working.

Hit back, obliques, and calves hard today.

edit: I feel like this is pretty much the only thread I go in on NT nowadays.

Last edited:
whats a good pre supplement thats not too strong and good for basketball?? I just tried Blox for 2 days but i think its bothering my head .. Im looking for something with no caffeine or Creatiine if

possilbe but able to play ball and workout..

GNC doesn't sell it. Bought mind from Amazon.
word, thanks!
If you do heavy squats, cleans, deadlifts, snatches, etc then they're great. I've had mine for a year now and they're holding up great. They are expensive though
how they smell? Heard to throw them into the laundry by themselves.  i've had mine for a couple weeks and I like them. on days, like today, where I basically squatted w/ every movement (cleans, front squats) I use them from the beginning to end. I try my best not to rely on sleeves, belts, straps but some days they do definitely come in handy. https://www.jackalsgym.com/store.aspx?cat_id=RH is where I got mine, one of my trainers got his from amazon last week.

whats a good pre supplement thats not too strong and good for basketball?? I just tried Blox for 2 days but i think its bothering my head .. Im looking for something with no caffeine or Creatiine if
possilbe but able to play ball and workout..
I would never take a PWO before basketball. All that running plus all the chemicals in the PWO is not good for you, that's just asking to faint. Shoot, if I'm playing ball that day, I make sure I stop drinking coffee at work 2 hours before I play and drink lots of water. 

I took Jack3d before a game once and it was awful. i was way too hyped up, I overshot almost every single shot. To me, basketball is a game of finesse, not about brute force. And a PWO isn't helping at all

Bought a bunch of cooking gear today.
Rice Cooker
Non stick frying pans
Spices, Can't believe it's not butta spray
6 pounds of chicken to cook.
Food scale to count ounces.
I'm excited man. Wanna get my diet right and cook on my own.
iLLest!

6 pounds in one shot is a bit much, unless you plan on freezing it, or eating a lot of chicken. One of the things that you learn when you are out on your own is how much food you waste because of what you think you need as opposed to what you actually need. Adjust accordingly.

The Dri-Fit hoodies are good, I get my athletic gear at a discount at my part time job. Nike Shorts, Noke Hoodies, Dri Fits for 30% off is

Been rocking a hoodie to workout for quite some time, work up a sweat.

Last edited:
Hadn't curled in the longest time, decided to give it a go today while hitting my back and was repping 50s with good form. Felt good.

Weighed in at 277 last sat, hoping to be sub 215 maybe even sub 190 by next summer

Weighed in at 277 last sat, hoping to be sub 215 maybe even sub 190 by next summer

You got this chief! The only obstacles are the limits you set for yourself. Believe you can, and you will. You want to be under 200, then be under 200. Don't 'hope' for it, this isn't a lottery to get lucky in, this is a game of poker and you hold every card. Make it happen bro. I believe in you.

Back
Top Bottom