STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I have never attended a gym during peak hours. Usually I try to go from 6am-10am and 9pm-12am. Anything in between, I avoid. Too much traffic.

Good luck to all, I'm used to it. Like someone said, they got to start somewhere, even though the majority will fall off in February.

Its that time for real.
Everything will be back to normal by feb.

Today I went to "failure", I haven't done that in a while, Im so lazy

Time for the dreaded cut I've never stuck to. Was around 150-155 for about the whole year, but now I'm at about 165 due to the holidays, not working out etc. but I'm going to go HAM this upcoming year and do what I stick my mind to.

My other cuts usually last about a week or so lol, but not this time, I actually got this somewhat structured now.

I'm 5'7'' about 165lbs so I would say my caloric maintenance is about 2000 cals. I will be doing Intermittent Fasting with the EC stack on top of it.

Workout Days (-10% cals) = 1800 Cals = Fat (20%) 40g, CHO (30%) 135g, Protein (50%) 225g
Rest Days (-30% cals) = 1400 Cals = Fat (25%) 38g, CHO (25%) 87g, Protein (50%) 175g

Workout Days will be 3 meals in the 8 hour window between 1:00-9:00 with the workout being around 7:00 with the largest meal at 9:00

I'm going to use this workout:
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/24-doug---s-5-day-high-definition-routine.html
and mix a bit of insanity into my workouts in the morning and the weights about 7PM.

Thoughts?

Only hit arms today. Felt like I hit everything else through out the week. But since i didn't burn a lot of calories ima call it quits at:
- Eggs.
- 1 scoop shake.
- Chipotle burrito
- prolly a shake at night.
Happy New Years brothas!
pimp.gif

iLLest!
How long you been lifting? 

Goals for 2013

1. Sub 3:30 marathon (PR 3:57)
2. Sub 18:00 5k (PR 19:22)
3. Sub 70 minutes 10 mile (PR 76:15)
4. Drop weight to 185 (I'm 6'1 198 currently)

All are attainable. The 5k time will be the hardest.

Killed chest yesterday doing 20-16-12 reps. 4th set I burned out.
How do you guys burn out on chest and how often?
Try to do difficult Pushups immediately after or choose a low weight and try to hit a high number of reps.. I think the cable press is very good as well..
You mean after you're completely done with the chest workouts?

Killed chest yesterday doing 20-16-12 reps. 4th set I burned out.

How do you guys burn out on chest and how often?
Every monday when I do chest.
Whats your burnout routine?
Dumbbell pullovers: 3 sets 15 reps @60lb

Barbell bench press: 3 sets 20 reps @95lb (full stretch and contraction), 3 sets 12 reps @135lb, 2 sets 8 reps @185lb

Cable crossovers(superset w/ BB): 8 sets 15 reps @40lb

Incline Dumbbell BP: 3 sets 12 reps @55lb

Incline DB flys: 3 sets 15 reps @35lb

Decline Barbell BP: 3 sets 12 reps@155lb

Weighted flying chest dips: 3 sets 15 reps @25lb

It takes me about an 1.5 hrs.  When I'm done, I'm pretty burned out. 

Did 315 for 1 rep on the flat bench yesterday. Not bad for being 6' 190.

Going to TRY to stop drinking soda, eating fast food, and eating junk food(which I have been doing daily for my whole life). My body is already pretty cut, but I want to see what it will look like if I eat healthier.

Last edited:
Only hit arms today. Felt like I hit everything else through out the week. But since i didn't burn a lot of calories ima call it quits at:

- Eggs.
- 1 scoop shake.
- Chipotle burrito

Happy New Years brothas! :pimp:

iLLest!

You're huge bro! I can see why dudes bug you thinking you're using dat dere celltech lol, you're massive! Keep it up homie!

- Eggs.
- 1 scoop shake.
- Chipotle burrito
Happy New Years brothas!
pimp.gif

iLLest!
Dudes was talking trash to your fams at that restaurant when you big as hell like this? Dude must not of felt his face for a few days after you decked him.
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

Goals for 2013
Im 195, trying to get to 175 hopefully by April-ish. Attainable.

Good times though, I recently just started running again and im at like a 9:30 mile pace.
mean.gif
Its mostly mental, Im not too fond of running on a treadmill honestly. Trying to get that to a 9 or 8:30 mile. I really wanna do a 5k run this year. A 25-30 min 5k would be cool with me.

You suggest I train by running longer distance or upping the intensity (HIIT-esque).

Goals for 2013
That 5k will be tough, I did one on the treadmill in 18:15 the other day but thats not even comparable to outside, and I was burnt out afterwards. 

Sooo I haven't been to the gym in 7 months. Before that, I was going on and off for months at a time. Ive always been a heavy set guy (250lbs give or take).

Anyways, I need some help guys. Im at my all time high which is 315lbs... Missed so much because i had to move back home after a break up (5years), which messed me up and on top of that was working 12 hour shifts 6 days a week and at the end of the day i just didnt have the energy to go. Was eating fast food and junk 3x a day 7days a week.

I know i dont have the energy to jump into a 1.5-2 hour long work out like i used to, but thats what i want/need to do.

So my question is, should i jump right back to sups or just go all natural and start slow? Maybe just a pre work out sup to get me moving again? Idk. HELP

I used to take jack3d or no explode for a pre workout and cell mass for my post workout.

Goals for 2013

Im 195, trying to get to 175 hopefully by April-ish. Attainable.

Good times though, I recently just started running again and im at like a 9:30 mile pace. :smh: Its mostly mental, Im not too fond of running on a treadmill honestly. Trying to get that to a 9 or 8:30 mile. I really wanna do a 5k run this year. A 25-30 min 5k would be cool with me.

You suggest I train by running longer distance or upping the intensity (HIIT-esque).

Look up Couch to 5k.. that should help increase your 5k time and i'm pretty sure they have an advanced program as well

Sooo I haven't been to the gym in 7 months. Before that, I was going on and off for months at a time. Ive always been a heavy set guy (250lbs give or take).
Anyways, I need some help guys. Im at my all time high which is 315lbs... Missed so much because i had to move back home after a break up (5years), which messed me up and on top of that was working 12 hour shifts 6 days a week and at the end of the day i just didnt have the energy to go. Was eating fast food and junk 3x a day 7days a week.
I know i dont have the energy to jump into a 1.5-2 hour long work out like i used to, but thats what i want/need to do.
So my question is, should i jump right back to sups or just go all natural and start slow? Maybe just a pre work out sup to get me moving again? Idk. HELP
I used to take jack3d or no explode for a pre workout and cell mass for my post workout.
You don't need supplements for what you're trying to achieve. You need to work out. Start running. Add in weights. You'll shed the weight in no time.

Running is the easiest way to get back in shape quickly. And there's never anything stopping you. You lace up and go. It's awesome.

Has anyone tried Wal-Mart supplements (whey protein, Creatine, BCAAs, etc.)? They have some good reviews on the website but just wanted to get other's opinion.

Has anyone tried Wal-Mart supplements (whey protein, Creatine, BCAAs, etc.)? They have some good reviews on the website but just wanted to get other's opinion.
  I've tried both the whey and creatine and it's just as good as any other more expensive brand you find at GNC or anywhere else IMO. Don't pay a lot for supplements it's not necessary. 

You don't need supplements for what you're trying to achieve. You need to work out. Start running. Add in weights. You'll shed the weight in no time.
Running is the easiest way to get back in shape quickly. And there's never anything stopping you. You lace up and go. It's awesome.

running is great. helps better breathing and builds up stamina

Has anyone ever used Super HD?

Going back in today after not going for a few months :smh: I'll try to go 5 days a week until my membership ends in June/July. Then I'll see if i'll renew or take a break again. :x

You dont need supplements. You need a good MINDSET. You have to set yourself little goals, lose 5lbs by this date, or lose 10lbs by blah blah. If you go into losing weight and setting yourself big goals from the start, you tend to get discouraged a lot. If you set small goals, you build yourself momentum and confidence that propels you to your next goal.

Most important thing, be consistent. No matter what you do, just be consistent. Cut the junk food, cut the soda and you'll see results even with light workouts.

Back
Top Bottom