STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You're probably one of the lucky ones that goes to an actual good Crossfit box. And if every box was like yours than yeah I'll be all for Crossfit. Unfortunately, a lot of them aren't...and yeah he brings up a good point about there being dumb bodybuilders and dumb powerlifters as well. Maybe Crossfit just got that rep because the dumb Crossfitters got more attention or something lol.

And yeah, the thumbless grip is no bueno...but that's obviously his warmup set, I hope that he doesn't do that for his working sets. And he probably just put his legs on the bench to better position himself...he puts them on the ground when he's actually lifting though. I still do wanna try out Crossfit one day...see how my endurance stacks up to the rest of these guys! Another interesting video:

probably cause the owner of my gym, he fell on his head during a competition.. they were doing "toes through rings" and he slipped and fell 7 ft on his head... doctors said he'd have speech problems, memory loss and couldnt do crossfit.. few months later he was fine and now he's stronger and still does everything and that's why safety and form are the most important

http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/21720

Last edited:
probably cause the owner of my gym, he fell on his head during a competition.. they were doing "toes through rings" and he slipped and fell 7 ft on his head... doctors said he'd have speech problems, memory loss and couldnt do crossfit.. few months later he was fine and now he's stronger and still does everything and that's why safety and form are the most important

http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/21720

That's incredible...glad he's okay and is now promoting safety and form to you all!

For anyone looking for a solid ab workout, try this out. I've been doing it about 4 days a week. You'll come to hate it, but you'll see results fast. Manny Pacquiao does a variation of it:

well, what i've seen from guys at my crossfit gym, they can easily lift over 300 bench or 350 squat... so yeah in a way it makes you stronger than regular fitness, but in a different way i guess.. you can be the strongest in the gym,but doesnt mean you can do x amount of pullups..
dude what. Like I told steezer, it all varies on what it is you're doing + diet + sleep. How is it going to make you stronger than a regular lifter? I don't get it. Are you talking about endurance? I feel it's wrong for you to assume that it makes you stronger than regular fitness does when it won't. How is it different than someone aiming for strength gains at a regular gym? The routine? They can both be accommodated to meet the goal. There's so many factors in this that it doesn't make sense. What does pull ups have to do with anything? Kipping pull ups aren't even real pull ups. I'm sure if someone is benching 300 they have to be doing weighted pull ups so doing unweighted will result in a higher amount of reps. That makes no sense either. That's like me saying he can bench more than me, but he won't be able to do more push ups than me. Like what?

iLLest- You will do under 1 muscle up. Meaning 0, you will do a pull up and stop there. Don't do a kipping pull up, that's cheating.

That video made cringe the first time I saw it. The kid has perfect form on all his reps and the other dude has horrible form :x. I didn't see one actual snatch from him.

Contrary to popular belief, girls can only benefit from weight training. So I would recommend looking into Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5x5 for an introduction to the main lifts. I currently have my two female clients doing a routine that revolves around compound lifts (Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Bentover Row, Overhead Press, Pull Ups) and they have all seen great results in fat loss as well as shaping their muscles. So then after weight training you'll want to do cardio. Look into HIIT because not only is it more efficient than your standard LISS cardio but it's more effective for fat loss.

Also, it's extremely important to get your diet dialed in. Use the calculators here to calculate your daily needs: http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator
Thanks for your help!

Today's dinner, finally done with this batch of chicken I made. Tilapia for tomorrow :smile:

If anyone cares...

Recent scientific study showing you burn more fat in a fasted state

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23313101

"Metabolism. 2013 Jan 10. pii: S0026-0495(12)00461-1. doi: 10.1016/j.metabol.2012.12.008. [Epub ahead of print]
Effects of post-absorptive and postprandial exercise on 24h fat oxidation.
Shimada K, Yamamoto Y, Iwayama K, Nakamura K, Yamaguchi S, Hibi M, Nabekura Y, Tokuyama K.
Source

Doctoral Program in Sports Medicine, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tennodai 1-1-1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan 305-8574.
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:

Fat oxidation during exercise depends on nutritional state, and exercise performed in the post-absorptive state oxidizes more fat than that performed in the postprandial state. However, the effects of exercise on energy metabolism continue during the post-exercise period, and the difference in fat oxidation during exercise may be compensated for during the post-exercise period. The present study compared the effects of an acute exercise bout in the post-absorptive or postprandial state on 24h fat oxidation.
METHODS:

Twelve young male athletes stayed twice in a room-size metabolic chamber for 24h indirect calorimetry in a randomized repeated-measure design. Before or after breakfast, i.e. in the post-absorptive or postprandial state, subjects exercised at 50% VO(2) max for 60min.
RESULTS:

During the 60min of exercise, energy expenditure in the two exercise trials were equivalent, but exercise in the post-absorptive state was performed with lower RQ compared with that in the postprandial state (P0.5). However, accumulated 24h fat oxidation was higher (P

Last edited:
Do you still train or just do wrestling? No stalker just noticed you posted pics wrestling
laugh.gif
OMFG STALKER.

I do both, wrestling is only a few days a week

might have to cut back on MMA for a bit if i end up doing well with this 'rasslin thing. we'll see.

Last edited:
Hey guys i know ive posted before and didnt get a response . 

I am 185 and i need to drop 15 pounds, i am 5'10. I was just hoping if anyone could post me a diet that i should follow im starting hot yoga and working out tommorw. 

Hey guys i know ive posted before and didnt get a response . 

I am 185 and i need to drop 15 pounds, i am 5'10. I was just hoping if anyone could post me a diet that i should follow im starting hot yoga and working out tommorw. 

This is a good start brother, check out this article:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/9-ways-to-burn-fat-fast.html

Just keep in mind, it can't just be a change in behavior in the short term, but you will need to make gradual but effective changes over a long time

Good luck!

Not everyday. Just 1-2 times per week. I do intermittent fasting and the 1-2 days leaves you at about another 1-2000 calorie deficit through out the whole week. But as you can see I'm still getting in a lot of calories + 3 scoops of whey so ill be all gravy.

iLLest!

are you seeing some good results?

another question.. syntha 6 isolate or ON whey protein?

quick question..so I currently weigh from around 139 to 143...what im trying to do is get more leaner, loose some fat from my stomach, and gain muscle at the same time...so I know you have to eat a gram of protein per pound of how much you weight...if I only get in 124 grams is it bad?

quick question..so I currently weigh from around 139 to 143...what im trying to do is get more leaner, loose some fat from my stomach, and gain muscle at the same time...so I know you have to eat a gram of protein per pound of how much you weight...if I only get in 124 grams is it bad?

lol how tall are you? at that size you need to gain some weight bro. Your suppose to eat Grams per Lean Body mass not actual body weight. IF you are bulking do 1-1.2 grams if cutting do .7-.8 grams

Back
Top Bottom