STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i dunno. ;/ since i started counting i haven't hit a solid day of all 3. it's frustrating and now that i'm seeing i'm taking in wayyyy more carbs than i need it's getting to me. feels like i'm not getting my full potential because i have a ****** up diet.

iLLest!

It's not that hard. Take some time, sit down, and plan outl a few variations of meals in a day to hit your goals.

i dunno. ;/ since i started counting i haven't hit a solid day of all 3. it's frustrating and now that i'm seeing i'm taking in wayyyy more carbs than i need it's getting to me. feels like i'm not getting my full potential because i have a ****** up diet.

iLLest!
Everytime I re-adjust my macros I try to find the 'perfect' set of meals for the day, calculated out to make sure everything's hit. Then, I'd eat those same meals (or slight variations) for the next week or two.

It takes the stress outta counting, and you're more likely to stick with it. It might get a bit boring after a week but you can always re-pick your foods and have another week free from agonizing over the little details.

And I don't gotta cook **** during the week cause the meals are all packed in tupperware 
pimp.gif

Been eating healthy for the most part the last week but one of my clients at work gave me 16.5 pounds of Sour Patch Kids. :x

They are my favorite candy :smh:
Pounds though? That is a lot of candy.

Man give it away. You have been doing GREAT and you are going to allow some candy to get into your way.

Give it away to a school or something man.

Last edited:
Any of y'all experience knee pain?

Did legs last Tuesday morning, woke up Thursday morning and my right knee was stiff. No real pain, but it's uncomfortable. Not sure if it was something i did on Wednesday or from my leg workout since it showed up 2 days later. I've never had any type of knee injury before so it's weird.

Now fast forward about a week and i still have the discomfort. It stiffens up when I walk, but just ran a mile with no problem (which makes no sense lol)

I'm having trouble self-diagnosing myself because I can't even really describe the pain/discomfort.

The only thing that is concrete about it is when i sit down to do a hurdlers stretch, I feel it real tight on the big ligament that runs down the inside of my knee up a little bit to the inner part of the hamstring . Since I feel it there, I'm thinking it might be more of a hamstring than a knee injury.

Sorry guys, I know that's a lot, but if anyone could shed some light it would much be appreciated.
Glucosamine. Everyone should be taking it on a daily basis. It saved me from arthroscopic knee surgery --- well, in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise. 

Glucosamine hasn't actually been shown to be consistently effective in peer-reviewed studies. It's one of those things that people either swear by or it doesn't do a damn thing for them. If it works for you, great. If not, don't be surprised.

Jewbacca, hard to say what the pain is from. Medial, lateral, anterior or posterior pain? Any instability?

GNC ON Gold Standard Protein order came in yesterday. Can't wait to try it out. Have about a pound of the old stuff left though still.

This rain in MD is killing my cardio days. I hate running on treadmills when all im doing that day is running. Hopefully it slows down and i can get by outside later tonight. But flyknits in the rain....not a good look.

iLLest!
Bro I'm telling you DO NOT make your diet harder than it should be. Your main goal on a "bulk" should be eating your surplus of calories and getting your protein in. Just EAT and lift HEAVY and you'll be good to go. Going over on carbs and fats is not that big of a deal being as lean as you already are. Wait till you decide to cut then worry about counting every single thing.

Last edited:
I'm currently on keto as well. It feels so wrong when you eat, but you can literally feel your body functioning differently.

My mouth gets a SUPER metallic taste

I should post up some of my keto meals... My breakfast is so ridiculous lol

:lol: my fam and GF look at me like i'm crazy for what i'm eating compared to before haha

My mouth feels like this, as do my sniffles. Ketoflu?

are you checking by peeing on those diabetic strips?

I do, I bought a 100pack of Ketosticks.

Glucosamine hasn't actually been shown to be consistently effective in peer-reviewed studies. It's one of those things that people either swear by or it doesn't do a damn thing for them. If it works for you, great. If not, don't be surprised.

Jewbacca, hard to say what the pain is from. Medial, lateral, anterior or posterior pain? Any instability?

It's on the inside of the knee, so I'd guess MCL. However, I wouldn't say there is any instability. I did my deadlift day last Friday and jogged last night with no added pain.

I'm trying to stay off it as much as possible this week by skipping the squat and deadlift day on my program. If it was a serious injury, I doubt I'd be able to do any weighted exercise or run without additional pain, right?

Like in my previous post, the best way I can describe it is "inner knee discomfort that stiffens up my knee when I walk".

Yo BIG BOSS and Freeze... I just straight NUKED my Chest this morning...COD style...

Feels great :lol:

Since I havent seen the type of progress I'd like, instead of giving up or slowing down im switching it up.
I incorporated DROP sets into my bench this morning after doing some research on them. Felt pretty good.
I was sweating like a mofo and had my chest pumped like no other.

Also did a variation of flys, including dumbell flys and cable reverse crossing flys. The cable reverse ones were my first time, so my form wasnt the best. I could only go by the videos i saw online before i left for the gym. But i went slow, and im sure over time i should be able to make it better.

Feels good to change things up a little, the usual chest workout was getting a little boring. Plus it may have contributed to a minor plateau.

I'm going to finally debut some progress pics for you guys sometime this week. Just gotta go through my hard drive and find old pics from 2010 which was the real starting point to becoming a healthier, fit person. I didnt REALLY know much about the proper way of lifting/cardio/and eating until last year...but it was the year i started to try.

Anyways, i'll get those gathered up and show you guys my progress so far later this week for those who are interested in my journey.

:smokin

Last edited:
Lulz @ the new screename

Stay fit fam!...I come for help, not sure if some of you are aware but I'm part of this giveaway, things started off chilled but yesterday it took a whole different turn, the dude leading is some GQ honcho and dude tried to downplay the whole NT community on his twitter...so I'm trying to rally some soldiers if you find it within your time to take 3 seconds go to this link and vote for me...maybe iLLest can make a video about it.

http://tsbmen.com/24471/february-giveaway-top-10-vote/

:lol:

Appreciate the love and support, voting ends in 12 hours.

Lulz @ the new screename

Stay fit fam!...I come for help, not sure if some of you are aware but I'm part of this giveaway, things started off chilled but yesterday it took a whole different turn, the dude leading is some GQ honcho and dude tried to downplay the whole NT community on his twitter...so I'm trying to rally some soldiers if you find it within your time to take 3 seconds go to this link and vote for me...maybe iLLest can make a video about it.

http://tsbmen.com/24471/february-giveaway-top-10-vote/

:lol:

Appreciate the love and support, voting ends in 12 hours.

I got you, gonna try on my laptop, iphone, ipad, and desktop haha.

i'm killing myself ya'll. this whole counting calories checking macros business is driving me insane. i can't seem to hit at all any day and it makes me feel like a failure. today i was like 30 shy of fats, 250 over on carbs and 50 short on proteins. i keep comparing old pictures to today and am over analyzing and over thinking and just going psychotic. i liked it better when i ate well, trained hard and felt like i was progressing. not being a nut and not being able to live in peace. end rant.

iLLest!
Just estimate it.  Unless your goal is to literally be a pro bodybuilder, why drive yourself nuts to that extent?
washed my headphones
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
Do that constantly.
laugh.gif
  My latest pair is somehow alive and kickin afterwards.

Bro I'm telling you DO NOT make your diet harder than it should be. Your main goal on a "bulk" should be eating your surplus of calories and getting your protein in. Just EAT and lift HEAVY and you'll be good to go. Going over on carbs and fats is not that big of a deal being as lean as you already are. Wait till you decide to cut then worry about counting every single thing.
I have to disagree with this a little.  During a bulk yes, you do have to lift heavy but you also have to drive some blood into the muscle from ancillary work....and with the eating, carbs are just as important if not more than your protein during a bulk phase.  Remember, carbs are what drives nutrients and helps uptake into the muscle your trying to grow.  Now, the fats aren't as important and he SHOULD  be paying close attention to his macros and keeping them close to what he calculated....putting on less fat during a bulk phase means keeping more muscle after he diets back down and makes his diet phase that much easier.

just signed up for my local gym last night and had my first work out with a friend of mine. Saw my hs coach there and realized i havent been in a gym since i graduated in 07. Ill be in here from now on hopefully i stay motivated

I have to disagree with this a little.  During a bulk yes, you do have to lift heavy but you also have to drive some blood into the muscle from ancillary work....and with the eating, carbs are just as important if not more than your protein during a bulk phase.  Remember, carbs are what drives nutrients and helps uptake into the muscle your trying to grow.  Now, the fats aren't as important and he SHOULD  be paying close attention to his macros and keeping them close to what he calculated....putting on less fat during a bulk phase means keeping more muscle after he diets back down and makes his diet phase that much easier.
Yeah but driving himself crazy over it? Nah not that big of a deal, he is pretty lean and it would take some dirty *** long bulk to make him gain a good amount of fat. 

Carbs more important then proteins? I don't think so. Maybe for energy but not for repairing and building muscle. At then end of the day meeting a certain number won't make or break your progress. Macros are somewhat overrated IMO.

Last edited:
i havent worked out in almost 2 weeks because of midterms and such

i feel like ive put on some weight and now i wear nothing but sweaters because i feel ugly 
frown.gif

fight me

Back
Top Bottom