STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Congrats and stay on it... I'm repping you because i understand the struggle of trying to hit 225.

I made it by hitting chest/tri & back/bi twice a week. You'll knock it out
Appreciate it man.

I get so burnt out after those sets though, makes the rest of my workout a struggle.
laugh.gif

Deadlifted yesterday

hamstrings and back are done :smh: .. i did 5x3 instead of 5x5 so I could go a little heavier i didnt like it though

Its weird after my workouts my muscle dont feel tight or sore anymore. It makes me feel like im not working hard enough, but when I try to pick something heavy up i know my muscle have been destroyed.

You dont need to feel DOMS or soreness after every workout. Its usually only the beginning when youre new to the exercise/movement you feel sore.

Last edited:
You dont need to feel DOMS or soreness after every workout. Its usually only the beginning when youre new to the exercise/movement you feel sore.

Man i love this thread. Thanks for this post.

I literally said the same thing like 2 days ago about not being as sore when i get done lifting. I keep thinking i need to try harder. But i am increasing weight or reps with most of my exercises.

Squatted yesterday. Felt ok about it. Didn't max but upped my reps a bit. 315lbs 5 reps. Then hit 335lbs 2 reps. Normally il only do 315lb twice then go 335lb once. But my max has been 345lb. I will shoot for that next Thursday on legs day i think.
Also met my calorie intake yesterday surprisingly. Had to eat 1.5 chicken breasts for dinner....but was happy i made it.

Its weird after my workouts my muscle dont feel tight or sore anymore. It makes me feel like im not working hard enough, but when I try to pick something heavy up i know my muscle have been destroyed.

Dont worry fam. Just means your body is getting used to lifting

what do you guys consider "being sore"?? the video makes sense but i get sore all the time, like on heavy days. im not sore to the point where i cant move or feel pain when using that particular body part. i usually just feel a little tight when i try to stretch it. 

like the other days i did arms, had a good bicep workout. the next day at work (i have to lift heavy things), i picked up a box and i could feel it in my biceps. nothing major, just felt that typical "sore" feeling. 

what do you guys consider "being sore"?? the video makes sense but i get sore all the time, like on heavy days. im not sore to the point where i cant move or feel pain when using that particular body part. i usually just feel a little tight when i try to stretch it. 

like the other days i did arms, had a good bicep workout. the next day at work (i have to lift heavy things), i picked up a box and i could feel it in my biceps. nothing major, just felt that typical "sore" feeling. 
Soreness is a necessity..its always a good thing 

Advice for someone with chicken legs? I do a push/pull/leg split. Leg day looks something like deadlifts or squats, lunges, extensions, calf raises. Not getting many results. I'm taller @ 6'3" so getting a full ROM doing squats is especially hard.

Last edited:
Advice for someone with chicken legs? I do a push/pull/leg split. Leg day looks something like deadlifts or squats, lunges, extensions, calf raises. Not getting many results. I'm taller @ 6'3" so getting a full ROM doing squats is especially hard.

Squats are the best movement to train for lower body strength and mass. If you can't squat deep, fix your mobility. Strengthen the spinal erectors, stretch the hip flexors, adductors, and calves. Eventually building up the volume and intensity. When you can squat double bodyweight, your legs won't look like chicken legs anymore.

Add other movements for the posterior chain like back extensions (flat and incline), reverse hyperextension, various deadlifts(romanian, snatch grip, clean grip, etc.), and glute ham raises.

Drop the leg extensions. Do lunges(split squats) properly, as described in this article:
http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Blog/tabid/130/EntryId/49/Tip-157-The-Value-of-Split-Squats.aspx

Just do squats the right way. Your height has nothing to do with it, and you're not even that tall.

Last edited:
This is DAMN good. DAMN good. Right now the 2nd highest rated BIOGRAPHICAL Documentary on All of Netflix. If you need some motivation.
I saw it somewhere but wasn't sure if it was good or not. Gonna watch it now.
what doc is this?
nerd.gif
Anderson the Spider Silva
Like Water
This insightful documentary brings viewers up close and personal with Ultimate Fighting Championship title holder Anderson Silva, aka The Spider. This follows the day-to-day life of Silva leading up to his 2010 fight vs. Chael Sonnen.
This is DAMN good. DAMN good. Right now the 2nd highest rated BIOGRAPHICAL Documentary on All of Netflix. If you need some motivation.

Single dumbell overhead flys (laying on bench) works on chest? My friend and I did it yesterday on chest day, it felt amazing, really nice stretch but I dont even know if thats for chest, didnt feel like it. My abs feel it today though.
laugh.gif

iLL, nice work on those sumo's. You got huge bruh, any benefits on doing those types od DL over a traditional one? Sometimes my DL arent that great cause the way my legs are positioned, I can almost never get them right. That wide stance may help me?

Last edited:
Illest;

1. What type of blender is that. My blender is getting old, might need to invest in a new one
2. What are the numbers of your morning shake? Seems like a lot. :lol:

If I play basketball 4-5 times a week for 1.5 hours, how often should I lift with my legs?

iLL, nice work on those sumo's. You got huge bruh, any benefits on doing those types od DL over a traditional one? Sometimes my DL arent that great cause the way my legs are positioned, I can almost never get them right. That wide stance may help me?

Same situation as you, same thing I was wondering.

Back
Top Bottom