STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Down 15 pounds

My ignorant question for the day

Should my heaviest meal be consumed earlier in the day like around noon or is it fine to eat it around 5pm? Or does it matter?

I work out in the mourning and work 12-9pm

Just wondering cause I was thinking my body has more time to burn off what I eat? My job is pretty labor intense.....

Good job dere Frenchie

I hope that Twinlab protein from bb.com doesn't taste like ****. Had to grab two buckets of that.

you sure youre only 230?
Youre an inch taller than me, i weigh about 225 and you look WAY bigger than me.

Here is a small/minor comparison:

Feb 2013 Harley Davidson BBQ (around 238lbs)

April 6, 2013 at Universal Studio (So Cal around 230lbs) Notice definition gain?
Alot of people said I look bigger now then 2 months ago because of being a little leaner and not as bulky

Last edited:
Input on foam rollers, do it realives from soreness after workouts? I'm not that tight but after my 'power' day I feel really sore...
i would always see foam rollers at the gym and had no idea what they were. until one day, my friend showed me what they were for and tried it out for the first time. it hurt for the first couple of times and then i started getting used to them. started using them before i worked out to stretch/massage my back, shoulders, calves, etc...and i felt waaaaay better during work outs.

decided to buy one to use at home and i use it after workouts as well and whenever i need to loosen up knots. such a lifesaver for me and cant believe i went so long w/o one.

think i got weaker :frown:

did chest yesterday and when i did flat bench it was tough. gotta change my routine again. been on a plateau for a min

think i got weaker :frown:

did chest yesterday and when i did flat bench it was tough. gotta change my routine again. been on a plateau for a min

I think when we plateau, its moreso because we havent gained weight to give you the ability to put up more pounds while lifting...if thats makes sense. When I was the same size for awhile, I was stuck at a certain weight benching but once I even gained a lil weight, I steadliy saw it improve. Idk could be just bro science but idk

Bros anyone experience muscle soreness in their lower back after thrusters?....lol did 50 of the (45lbs) in about 4 minutes and my low back is sore as hell, not like "crap I pulled something" more like "holy *** that work out was really good" just want to make sure this is the muscle group I was suppose to be working...lol I felt my form through the front squat was great...

Elaborate on this brotha

started benching flat. did 2 warm up sets. went for 155 for about 6/7 reps and it was gdtting tough after the 4th rep. when normally i can bang it out easily

it seems to only be on flat bench too. i did decline db a little after no prob. did flat db no prob

I think when we plateau, its moreso because we havent gained weight to give you the ability to put up more pounds while lifting...if thats makes sense. When I was the same size for awhile, I was stuck at a certain weight benching but once I even gained a lil weight, I steadliy saw it improve. Idk could be just bro science but idk

im bulking now. i cant eat as much as i want to cause of class but the semester is almost done. 2 weeks left

i can get 5 meals in a day now but theyre spaced out sometimes cause of class

started benching flat. did 2 warm up sets. went for 155 for about 6/7 reps and it was gdtting tough after the 4th rep. when normally i can bang it out easily

it seems to only be on flat bench too. i did decline db a little after no prob. did flat db no prob

What's your stats?
1. Height
2. Weight
3. Age
4. Body Type

Remember, one can always have a bad day or two. What you did the day before or up to when you went to work out. Not enough rest, eating, hard day at work or stress can cause you to have a bad day (feeling weak) specially when you normally can bang the same weight/reps on a regular day.

I had a bad day as well yesterday. I did some light warm ups and a couple of rotator cuff excersices. I did 135lbs incline barbell bench 15reps on my first set and did 3 following sets of 225lbs 15, 12 and 10 reps. followed by 225lbs barbell flat 3 sets 10reps, 245lbs decline 3 sets 10 reps and 35lb dumbbell incline butterflies 3 sets 16reps.

I say it's a bad day because, I will normally push 265 on incline barbell for sets of 10-10-8 but I manage to tweak my left shoulder from my first set of 225lbs and it kinda efft up my entire workout.

Last edited:
What's your stats?
1. Height
2. Weight
3. Age
4. Body Type

Remember, one can always have a bad day or two. What you did the day before or up to when you went to work out. Not enough, rest, eating or stress can cause you to have a bad day (feeling weak) specially when you normally can bang the same weight/reps on a regular day.

I had a bad day as well yesterday. I did some light warm ups and a couple of rotator cuff excersices. I did 135lbs incline barbell bench 15reps on my first set and did 3 following sets of 225lbs 15, 12 and 10 reps. followed by 225lbs barbell flat 3 sets 10reps, 245lbs decline 3 sets 10 reps and 35lb dumbbell incline butterflies 3 sets 16reps.

I say it's a bad day because, I will normally push 265 on incline barbell for sets of 10-10-8 but I manage to tweak my left shoulder from my first set of 225lbs and it kinda efft up my entire workout.

im 5'11"
athletic/track runner type body

Feeling like garbage today, but I think getting a light lift in will make me feel better, hopefully :rolleyes

Yea, some high intensity or lighter weight excersices can boost your feel. Sometimes, I feel like I'm about to get sick or something so I go to the gym and just do high rep/light weight stuff and usually kick the bug feeling away.

bulking up to 200

Is that possible? Or healthy?
140lbs to 200lbs

I've gone from 195lbs to 213lbs and its taken me about a year. I do play soccer though. The thing is if I didn't do cardio and just lifted and ate I would probably end up with high blood pressure and cholesterol.

140lbs to 200lbs

I've gone from 195lbs to 213lbs and its taken me about a year. I do play soccer though. The thing is if I didn't do cardio and just lifted and ate I would probably end up with high blood pressure and cholesterol.
More than possible. 140 at his height is small as hell, no offense. At that height he could be a beast at 200. All those BMI charts are wack and don't take into account for muscle mass.

Felt stronger this morning, doing 70lb DB's for rows, usually don't go that high but it's a high weight/low rep week on S2size. Felt awesome :smokin

140lbs to 200lbs

bulking up to 200

60lbs is A LOT of mass you need to gain to your 140lb frame. How many months are you giving yourself to accomplish this? You better eat alot of carbs/calories and protein shakes. Forget the word "lean" for the next several months meaning cardio and core should not be the main of your focus. Gaining the amount of muscle mass you want to put on your frame is going to give you weight on your mid section so if you notice a bit of a gut coming on, don't worry about it. You can burn that off once you get done with bulking. If some cardio is a must for you, I'd do mild pace walk on an incline on a threadmill or stair master. Alot of cardio will eat away at the mass you are trying to build so no heavy cardio training while on bulking. That would defeat alot of your purpose. EAT EAT EAT!!!!

More than possible. 140 at his height is small as hell, no offense. At that height he could be a beast at 200. All those BMI charts are wack and don't take into account for muscle mass.

THIS

Last edited:
it took my boy about 3 years to go from an 135lbs frame to 190lbs frame, he looks completely different, dude never went on a cut though....lol before he was bones, now hes the stocky dude in the group, not fat by any means, just bulky....looks better now though....no grown man should be 135lbs....thats cray.

But hes also like 5 6 and doesnt walk around at 135 lol

He probably walks around at 155-160..Someone (cant remember who) from one of these past 2 UFC cards said he walks around in the 170s and he was either a featherweight or a bantam..cant remember

Back
Top Bottom