STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

According to my manual calipers (Metacal) I'm at 13% BF

Although I don't believe it, I measured thrice, maybe 4x and got the same result. It's not one of those handheld omrons, or body bf weight "scales" so there is that

That lower belly though!!!

I'll post pics tomorrow, I felt awesome, even moreso after measuring post HIIT :pimp:

Last edited:
I bought some of that Arctic Zero ice cream at Walmart today. I'll try it tonight...copped the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor. I love ice cream, but it's so calorie dense, so maybe I have found a substitute.

Made a preworkout carbs shake as well...frozen bananas, mangos, and apples. Drink it around 90 minutes before I hit the gym, and I have so much more energy.

Although I don't believe it, I measured thrice, maybe 4x and got the same result. It's not one of those handheld omrons, or body bf weight "scales" so there is that

I'll post pics tomorrow, I felt awesome, even moreso after measuring post HIIT :pimp:

My buddy measured mine yesterday using calipers and some mathematical equations from his athletic training class and I came out to 12%. I too don't believe it haha but I'll take it. That lower belly def needs to go. What do you do for HIIT? I need to mix it up.

I run on the elliptical for HIIT. I usually go by the RPMs to "measure" my speed.

90 seconds of 60-70 RPMs, followed by 30 seconds of 90-120 RPMs. I go for 15 mins. The machine isn't completely accurate, but I supposedly burn ~200 cals during it.

Accuracy on caliper measurements depends on the quality of the calipers, number of sites measured, and the experience of the person taking measurements. Cheap calipers lose accuracy over time and aren't calibrated. The more sites measured, the more accurate the measurement. If you were taking the measurements yourself, the reading is probably not very accurate at all.

There are a lot of body fat measurement tools available such as calipers, BodPod, DEXA scans, ultrasound measurement, etc. They can be good, but need to be done professionally for an accurate measurement. Most people don't "need" to measure their body fat with such accuracy though, and they would be better off with photos for measuring progress. Of course make sure to keep the same lighting, background, etc., but I think this is the easiest and least stressful way for most people.

Did some singles today on bench, got up to 285 

Felt good 
smokin.gif

Now I just have to clean my ******g diet up. 

Last edited:
another great chest day. changing the angle of the elbows has truly made a world of difference in my chest development. I'm cooking it like i havent before.

Man had a good legs workout friday, but some of my buddies who go away for school are back in town so we hit the bars pretty hard Friday night and I'm still feeling the effect today :smh: , missed a workout yesterday, back at it tomorrow though

I bought some of that Arctic Zero ice cream at Walmart today. I'll try it tonight...copped the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor. I love ice cream, but it's so calorie dense, so maybe I have found a substitute.

Made a preworkout carbs shake as well...frozen bananas, mangos, and apples. Drink it around 90 minutes before I hit the gym, and I have so much more energy.

let us know how it tastes, maybe even how it looks? how much did it cost? i couldnt find any at my walmart yesterday sadly

let us know how it tastes, maybe even how it looks? how much did it cost? i couldnt find any at my walmart yesterday sadly

Was 3.98. I'll update with how it tastes in the next couple of hours.

Upper body destruction today. Felt amazing to hit that point where my body wanted to fail but have my mind tell it to sack the **** up and keep going. :smokin

The Arctic Zero ice cream isn't bad. Not as good as real ice cream, but a very good substitute.

Can't beat it with 150 cals, and 12g protein per pint. Xanthan, and guar gum are on the ingredients list as well as whey.

The Arctic Zero ice cream isn't bad. Not as good as real ice cream, but a very good substitute.

Can't beat it with 150 cals, and 12g protein per pint. Xanthan, and guar gum are on the ingredients list as well as whey.

I assume there were no chunks of PB cups lol. When I had the Cookies n Cream it was just black ice cream, smh.

I don't don't know why anybody buying a 150cal/pint ice cream is expecting chunks of PB or bits of cookies or whatever flavor they bought anyway lol. No complaints here.

I love salad, but it kills me how bad most dressings are. My mom saw this recipe online and I gave it a shot.

I used 2% milk cause that's what we had at the house. The recipe yielded a little more than 12 ounces when complete and by my calculations of what I used, the entire bottle is ~273 calories.

It actually tastes pretty good. It's watery like most lite ranches are. Next time I make it I'm gonna use less milk to see how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom