STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

:lol:

For what it's worth it's an overhead squat not a snatch, doubt you could snatch with that contraption and a baby.

I'd like to see anybody try to defend this pic.

Down from 280, to 245 this morning.
goal is 190 by October.
235 this morning :smile:

Actually upped my calorie intake last 3 days and just upped my activity level.

Gotta keep going.

Will check back in.

Keep it up dude.

Question for those who jump rope.

I'm almost 6'3 with shoes on.

Now I've never jumped roped before but I just gave it a practice go and kept wacking myself in the feet and head :lol:

Do I need a longer rope? Am i too tall?

Or practice makes perfect basically ?

Longer rope. You shouldn't have to duck to avoid getting whacked in the back of the head.

For the runners, what shoes do you dudes use to run? I know Nikes have become very popular lately with the Free and Fly Knit lines. Half the gym wears Fly Knits now. I bought a pair of Frees months ago, and feel they're OK for walking and light running. However, when you're going full blown at 10+ MPH, the shoes are unstable. I've gone back to Asics since.

Also, any dudes here swim? How do you fit that into your routine? I'm thinking about doing it...at least mixing it up. I usually rest on Thursdays, but I'm now thinking of either:

1) run around the area. I live up in the hills, about 2 miles from the side street, so that 2 miles running up at about 40-45 degree angle should be a different work out than running on the treadmill at the gym. Then hitting the spa afterwards.

or

2) just swim for an hour and hit the spa.

I'm kind of leaning towards 2 since I already run a lot at the gym, may want to give the legs a break.
Try Nike structures. Good support and a solid feel to them

Yesterday was back day for me, for some reason my lower back has been killing me allday. Any tips to improve it.

Yesterday was back day for me, for some reason my lower back has been killing me allday. Any tips to improve it.
Yoga...75% srs.....

Some men find it unmanly but when in pain it definitely helps especially when the cause is just sore or tight muscles.

man that letter is great. Shouting anything at the staff is a threat apparently. lol at aesthetics

Back/Biceps/Hamstrings today.

Got my preworkout meal in, just need time to get my mind right.

I'm planning to do Rack Pulls over regular Deadlifts for the next 6-8 weeks.

Going to NY tomorrow too...had to buy a couple gallons of water since I know it's going to be hard to get a gallon/day in without em.

Let's get it, fit fam.

Just read a pretty disturbing article on supplement companies.

IF ANYONE IS TAKING CRAZE STOP ASAP.

It's basically just caffeine and amphetamines.

All products by Driven Sports are super shady.

Long read... http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2568815

Dude used to sell a pesticide mixed with baking soda for weightloss. Straight scumbag

Now I've never jumped roped before but I just gave it a practice go and kept wacking myself in the feet and head :lol:

Try and find a 10 foot rope. Adjust it to the length you need. Also helps to keep your arms tucked tight to your body. Karate style lol. Do the brunt of the work with your wrists and shoulders. Try not to overthink the jumping portion of the move, just jump in rhythm on the ball of your feet.

If you don't mind shelling out a little more, look into a pricier rope like the Buddy Lee Areo. You'll be able to adjust that plenty.

Last edited:

Dude used to sell a pesticide mixed with baking soda for weightloss. Straight scumbag

"The federal laws governing the regulation of supplements treat these products as foods that are assumed to be safe unless proven otherwise."

That's pretty much all you need to know about the supplement industry.

Longer rope, I'm 6'2 no shoes and I never hit my head

I'm thinking about doing IF. What are you guys recommendations regarding it? Anybody can chime in. Figure I'm going to test it for a month and a half. I'm think an 8 hr window 1-9. Except my workout won't be fasted, time constraints. It will be during my feeding time. Not that I think it will matter too much. But besides that, what do you suggest? Things to eat, things to avoid. I'm already pretty lean, but I'd like to drop another % or 2. Not to mention all of the benefits I've read about it.

Had a good workout except I aggravated 2 past injuries :smh:.

Tailbone, and shoulder are bothering me again. Tailbone was probably from rack pulls...maybe my form wasn't correct. As for shoulder...I don't even know, maybe it was T Bar Rows.

Hit 3 plates on T Bar rows for 5 reps though.

Feels good to make your former strength sets your new hypertrophy sets.

^ That's why I don't take them.

The way I see it is, I'm always pumped to go to the gym, I look forward to it all day.

Working out is often my favorite part of the day, I don't need a pre workout to get pumped.

Last edited:

I'm not sure whether this could be related to Craze but I've taken it last year around October and had to see a neurologist for a lot of worrying issues around that time.

I only used 1 scoop max twice a week. The whole period is kinda cloudy in my brain (see symptoms next) so I don't recall if it started before, during or after the Craze.

Already stopped the Craze before my neurologist appointment and all tests were inconclusive.

Symptoms:

Very high and sporadic blood pressure (see example pic)

Heart palpitations and elevated heartrate

Permanently large dilated pupils completely unaffected by bright lights

Headache

Fatigue

Lightheadedness

Complete memory loss of random timeframes (I'm a nursing student and sometimes couldn't report my morning shift observations because I couldn't remember anything)

Situational unawareness (cycled off the road and into people a few times on my bicycle)

Slurred speech at times

Like I said I have no idea if it's related but it's questionable at best. Since I've always slept horrible and my body needs a ton of sleep my neurologist suggested I looked into that instead and every symptom has disappeared completely since my Ambien prescription.

Last edited:
^ That's why I don't take them.

The way I see it is, I'm always pumped to go to the gym, I look forward to it all day.

Working out is often my favorite part of the day, I don't need a pre workout to get pumped.

cosign this 1000%. I literally look forward to it all day long loll. I'm on the edge of my seat at work right now haha.

Back
Top Bottom