STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

haha

It is possible no one reported him. The stuff he said was ban worthy, so it really shouldn't be a surprise.
Yeah I know man but were all brothers in iron, I want everyone in here to make it.

Lucky just don't use a filter sometimes lol

Are you referring to these?

Need to try, unless I'm working out, drinking water is a chore.

Yessir! Those are amazing!

Why not squat more? Hack squats seem unnecessary to me personally.

I did 8 sets of back Squats this past Sunday. Lower back started getting tight even with clean form. Unless you pre-exhaust your legs, lower back seems to always give out first.

Good point.

As for Goblet Squats, I'm already using the heaviest DBs in my gym (125) for 4-6x10.

Only other exercise that I can think of that might be as beneficial are Lunges. I already do 4-6 sets of those at bodyweight as well.

Even though 8 sets is an incredible volume, your lower back shouldnt be that sore from squatting. There must be a dysfunction somewhere that causing the pain. I wont even begin to try and diagnose anything, but it shouldnt be the limiting factor in a squat.

You may be better off cutting down the volume and making each exercise more intense. Just something to think about

all this talk about who got banned and ain't nobody posted meal plans..... :rolleyes

My Lean Bulk Meal plan:

Meal 1 ; 6 whole eggs. 1 x banana
Meal 2 ; Small bag of cashew nuts
Meal 3 ; 200g lean steak, small sweet potato and green veg.
Meal 4 ; tub of cottage cheese.
Meal 5 ; 200g turkey, green veg.
Meal 6 : 6 blend protein shake OR Casien shake

Am I the only person that doesn't really care how the protein tastes? I just chug it anyways. Should I be drinking it slower?

I don't care for taste, but that texture is terrible. I can use 15 oz of water, and it still comes out thick.

Why not squat more? Hack squats seem unnecessary to me personally.

I did 8 sets of back Squats this past Sunday. Lower back started getting tight even with clean form. Unless you pre-exhaust your legs, lower back seems to always give out first.

Good point.

As for Goblet Squats, I'm already using the heaviest DBs in my gym (125) for 4-6x10.

Only other exercise that I can think of that might be as beneficial are Lunges. I already do 4-6 sets of those at bodyweight as well.

Even though 8 sets is an incredible volume, your lower back shouldnt be that sore from squatting. There must be a dysfunction somewhere that causing the pain. I wont even begin to try and diagnose anything, but it shouldnt be the limiting factor in a squat.

You may be better off cutting down the volume and making each exercise more intense. Just something to think about

I'm planning to cut down overall volume down for legs.

I still have a lower back/tailbone injury I'm recovering from. Dont think I should even be squatting. I already don't deadlift anymore.

So my lower back giving up before my legs may just be specific to me in this thread.

My squat routine is usually along the lines of

Bar - 10 ish
135 - 10
225 - 8
275 - 6
315 - 3-4
315 - 3-4

Then i come down and do
225 - 6-8
225 - 6-8
135 - 15 - fail

I am a soccer player so im mostly striving for muscle endurance. I used to do more. Id throw a set in at 185lb but thanks to freeze's advice to squat heavier i needed to limit the reps on the way up. So i do less reps on my pyramid up...but then on the way down i do as many reps as i can

After that i will do Stiff leg deads....calves....hamstring curls.....calves....leave

Leg day tonight...probably going to be at the gym for 90 mins or so. I am going to try to do some light leg press today not sure where or in place of what. I also warm up with a mile or so jog. I wouldn't really consider it cardio but more of a warm up to get my muscles warm....then i roll my back out on a foam roller and get to squatting

Last edited:
I read an article about the dude who trains a lot of celebrities including Hugh Jackman when he has to bulk up for his Wolverine part.

He said you get the best and fastest results by doing your lifting early in the day then waiting 8-9 hours to do your cardio.

Hugh also was eating about 6,000 calories per day :x

That would be kind of hard for someone with a full time job and/or kids though...

Whoever suggested the kool-aid liquid mix is a god send!

Whoever suggested the kool-aid liquid mix is a god send!

Are you referring to these?

Need to try, unless I'm working out, drinking water is a chore.

it was me bro and I'm glad you guys like them. I told you man, it changes everything. makes drinking water all the time so much more enjoyable and the fact there's no macros in it, you can use it all the time with no consequence.

my lineup. I've been trying all different kinds. the mio's actually have electrolytes and whatnot in them too. the blueberry lemonade is a game changer.

I missed the discussion as to why you're using the Mios/Kool-Aid. Is it b/c you all hate the taste (or lack thereof) of water?

I missed the discussion as to why you're using the Mios/Kool-Aid. Is it b/c you all hate the taste (or lack thereof) of water?

just the monotony of drinking water allllll of the time, it gets old. a couple gallons a day, but midday you're drowning. and since i'm not big on the high fructose juices and such, its a great way to shake things up. these things have zero calories, zero sodium, zero sugars, zero carbs and they're cheap. can't beat that with a stick. check them out some time man. I get mine at target since they give couples when you buy them for more of them.

just the monotony of drinking water allllll of the time, it gets old. a couple gallons a day, but midday you're drowning. and since i'm not big on the high fructose juices and such, its a great way to shake things up. these things have zero calories, zero sodium, zero sugars, zero carbs and they're cheap. can't beat that with a stick. check them out some time man. I get mine at target since they give couples when you buy them for more of them.

Ahh gotcha....

Where does the taste come from if it's got nothing in it?

im going to give the kool aid a shot. i think chris jones mentioned those in one of his latest videos and gave it the GAF rating.

i have a baaad addiction to diet pepsi. :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom