STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Can anybody here give opinions about my chestwork out?

Incline bench 4x8
Flat bench 4x8
Incline db press 3x8
Flat db press 3x8
Incline db flies 2x12
Flat db flies 2x12
Dips 3x10

Is it to much?

Why do both dumbbell and barbell? Pick one

Pick one or the other, alternate which flies to do each week and keep the dips.

Last edited:
^^^It's alot of volume and it's a little repetitive in that you're doing both barbell and dumbbell for incline and flat, but it depends on how long you've been lifting. If you're a novice or somewhat intermediate bodybuilder, that amount of repetition can be good for just building muscle memory and building size. If you've been lifting a few years I'd say you're better off doing dumbbells on one, barbell on another, and going for stronger lifts and tracking your improvement with your weights and rep-ranges.

Kinda foul to wear gym clothes more than once w/o washing.
i wouldnt be able to do that if you paid me
sick.gif

i sweat like a pig.

especially on my butt
mean.gif
dont know why
sick.gif
SMH
sick.gif

you guys re-wearing sweaty gym clothes? hella trifling.
mean.gif
laugh.gif
  Where dey do that at?

Shorts and tees aren't bank breakers.
Just hit shoulders/traps.

I need a tan...

Badly lol

Hit 225lb for 5 on seated military barbell press.

Still trying to get over my weak performance yesterday.
That classic Lucky selfie pose.

#FreeLuckyLuciano

Depends really on how experienced you are. 20 sets of chest is a lot IMO.
Personally, my chest workouts never exceed more than 12 sets or so.

How long does it take you to complete this workout?

Been working out for almost a year already. I can only do 165 for 6 to 8 reps so im still a begginer.

12 sets only? I feel like my chest wont be sore with 12 sets.

Takes me about 1h 15 to 1h 30 max. Should i less the sets and go heavier on the weights?

Yeah man, other people touched on it but I would say that this is too much volume but there isn't a way to tell for sure. Some people progress with a lot of volume. Stick with what you're doing for a few weeks and see if you progress. A year of dedicated working out would still be considered beginner for most lifters.

The way I track progression is to see if I can increase my PRIMARY lift for that particular day every week.
For example, primary lift for chest day = Bench Press, primary lift for leg = squats, primary lift for back = bent rows, primary lift for shoulders = military press.

I go in the gym every workout and use that first primary exercise to see if I can increase the weight (by 2 to 10 lbs)

With that in mind, keep continuing to do what you're doing. See if you can increase that 165lb bench to 185 within the next few months (or weeks if possible). If don't see any progression in your lifting numbers, then you either aren't eating enough or your workout isn't effective.

Me personally, I've been lifting for 4-5 years, and 12 sets of chest is more than enough. If you're intensity is at 100% per workout, 12 sets should be enough to break down all of your chest fibers. Push yourself and don't do weights that are comfortable. Each weight should challenge you. Every single set that I do, I make sure that last rep is brutal.

The goal isn't to get X amount of sets in a workout. The goal is to break down the muscle in the gym, then replenish it with proper nutrition and rest.

EDIT: Here's the workout I have been doing for chest.

Bench Press 4x6-8
Incline Press 3x8
Flat Flies 3x8
Dips 2x15

Last edited:
^ so if I had a lady throw up on my jeans...

I don't need to wash , because it's "scientifically proven" they don't get dirty?

Last edited:
If any1 is ever in the Ville lemme know and u can hit the gym with me..until then u can follow me on IG lol

I had no idea wearing gym clothing more than once between washing was a thing until today. :lol:

The things u learn on NT

So recently I learned that NTers shower 3-4x a week and work out while wearing the same gym shirts multiple times without washes...:x

Trust me, you might think that you smell fine, but everyone else can smell you from 10 feet away. Nothing worse than getting a sour whiff while lifting heavy weights or constantly smelling yourself to make sure that it's not you :lol:

Last edited:
Some people just have a great natural scent.

I guess for some people the more you wash the clothes, the more the Tide/Bounty covers up the B.O.?

I wear the same shorts maybe twice before i choose different ones..

cant deny, theyve been worn 3+ times though :wow:

Shirts i wear once. Thats nasty if not :x

Last edited:
I smell to bad on my as$ to ever re wear gym shorts.

Plus I rock nike running shorts with the underwear lining (so I go commando).

I put my clothes in the quick wash with soap every night. I never wear the same article of clothing twice (when it comes to workout clothes)

yikes. how much have you lost?

pissed me off last night. machine at safeway reading my bodyfat saying i was almost 30% didn't even get my weight correct - it was under by almost 10#
i know i'm not cut but i doubt i'm at almost 30%
even my gf felt kinda bad for me lol

I'm sitting at 208.

The bottom pic is 216?

Something around there.

Getting veins creeping in my hips again.

Want to get to 200lb.

Back
Top Bottom