STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

GUYS I MIST CONFESS

I SUCK AT PULL UPS

CAN YALL RECOMMEND SOMETHING STRUCTURED I CAN DO FOR DA PULL UP GAINS?

Try the row machine, also if you have rings at your gym do some ring pulls and start off with a resistance band as well.

Or just screw it all and just kip

Trolololol

What version or which "grip" are you using?

Try starting off with neutral grip pull ups. Grip the protruding handles rather than the long-way handles. You should feel pretty strong this way. Work from there.

i'm on oahu and yeah, you could probably pass for local until you opened your mouth lol. dat dere pidgin english brah. we do formal family group therapy once a week as well as some other family services. i run that group sometimes but it's a challenging one depending on the group dynamic.

kteezy you were mostly on maui or i woulda showed you some spots. having a social life is difficult now as i focus on being a daddy and a good partner to my gf. really trying to build our family unit to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. it's part of the reason i workout. don't wanna be some fat piece of crap that can't be bothered to take his kid hiking, snorkeling, surfing or whatever he wants to do. it's another reason why i should work on my mobility and functional strength too.

i'm on oahu and yeah, you could probably pass for local until you opened your mouth lol. dat dere pidgin english brah. we do formal family group therapy once a week as well as some other family services. i run that group sometimes but it's a challenging one depending on the group dynamic.

kteezy you were mostly on maui or i woulda showed you some spots. having a social life is difficult now as i focus on being a daddy and a good partner to my gf. really trying to build our family unit to be healthy in mind, body and spirit. it's part of the reason i workout. don't wanna be some fat piece of crap that can't be bothered to take his kid hiking, snorkeling, surfing or whatever he wants to do. it's another reason why i should work on my mobility and functional strength too.
Respect.

Most boxes are independently owned and operated so not "cheating". Depending in your agreement, you can come and go as you please.

Most if not all boxes have month to month payment plans.

Majority of boxes have open gym hours. Even those are under supervision due to liability issues. 90% of gym goers don't know what they are doing when they workout on their own.
I mean more in terms of how the people at your old box would react - like wouldn't they flip out and **** and shun you when they saw you in Whole Foods?

Also - how often do people hook up and then regret it making classes all awkward and ****?

I actually ended up going today instead....that being said....

TRADER JOE'S IS THE GREATEST PLACE IN THE WORLD.

SRS.

YES, SRS.

I spent $100 :lol:
Yeah - they make grocery shopping mad fun.

Tbh I don't know what's the misconception of TJs being expensive....have ya shopped at StopNShop?....I've literally bought similar things in both supermarkets to see the price difference and what I spent 120$ for in StopNShop, I spend maybe 70$ at TJs the savings are crazy...not to mention much better food
This. I think you wouldn't spend anymore at TJs if you buy what you would normally buy at a generic grocery store. The issue is more the random extras that you don't need but TJs makes look so damn good. This includes all the snacks (nuts, trail mix, jerky - and groce snacks too if you're about that life), as well as all the frozen foods options etc.

wish we had a trader joes. when i shop at whole foods, pretty much demolishes my wallet. in fact prices for food shopping in hawaii sucks :lol:

Only go to trader joes for the booze. But I used to go and try to find Ezekiel bread though they never had it.

What stuff is worth buying? Do they have chicken?
They have everything a normal supermarket does with a little less variety on some fronts. I buy most of my meat and produce from WFM, but buy some from TJs. I use TJs for frozen veggies a lot as well as random stuff - condiments etc.

MAN BUT DONT U HAVE LIKE FRESH EVERYTHING THERE?

WHEN I GO THERE FIRT THING IM HAVING IS THAT BURGER GRAVY RICE COMBO.

I WANNA TRY POKI

AND DA FILIPINO INSIDE ME WANTS FRIED SPAM AND EGGS LOL
What? Correct me if I'm wrong stuntman, but most food is imported leading to a significant markup. Obviously there's some local foods, but isn't stuff like milk ridiculously expensive because it has to come across the Specific Ocean?

trader joes suck IMO

been there a few times, they have nothing thats better than a regular grocery store.

its either that or my store sucks BAD.
Your store must suck bad. It's also about atmosphere. The employees at my local TJs (like a 3 minute bike ride away) are friendlier than other grocery stores and the whole bell as opposed to intercoms is pretty sweet, plus no conveyer belts adds an old school trading post feel

GUYS I MIST CONFESS

I SUCK AT PULL UPS

CAN YALL RECOMMEND SOMETHING STRUCTURED I CAN DO FOR DA PULL UP GAINS?
No personal experience with this, but people often throw around the idea that you should do sub-maximal amounts really often. Like everytime you pass something you could do them on, you do a quick set of 3.

I hit chest this morning.  Was great.  But I had to deal with a dude who was using the Iso-Lateral Incline, Decline, and Flat press...........................simultaneously!!!!

Gosh I love deadlift day. Reppin 305 no problem, and by reppin' I mean 5x5....lulz.

Squat days too.

Bench days I could care less about.

This :lol:

struggle through chest day...looking and feeling weak...squat and DL days got me feeling god like.

I struggle too with hip flexibility on squats and the only real thing that helps me is a lot of light warm up reps and some hip flexor stretches pre squat after i roll my back out on a foam roller. I will squat the bar 15-20 times to get my hips loose and then 135 10-15 times to get my motion feeling good and help the hips out before i pyramid up

I got chest day today...hopefully it goes well

Amazes me how much improper technique I notice at the gym...guess people would rather do more weight and look like a damn fool lifting it smh

Gosh I love deadlift day. Reppin 305 no problem, and by reppin' I mean 5x5....lulz.

Squat days too.

struggle through chest day...looking and feeling weak...squat and DL days got me feeling god like.

I struggle too with hip flexibility on squats and the only real thing that helps me is a lot of light warm up reps and some hip flexor stretches pre squat after i roll my back out on a foam roller. I will squat the bar 15-20 times to get my hips loose and then 135 10-15 times to get my motion feeling good and help the hips out before i pyramid up

I kinda have the same issue. How wide is your stance?

I found that I like a more narrow stance when squatting. It allows me to get deeper without hip flexor pain.

Bruised ribs. How long should I take off or should I just suck it up and train?

Squat days too.

I found that I like a more narrow stance when squatting. It allows me to get deeper without hip flexor pain.

that is good advice i usually keep about shoulder width maybe a little closer i will try experimenting with foot placement and see how it goes.

I mean more in terms of how the people at your old box would react - like wouldn't they flip out and **** and shun you when they saw you in Whole Foods?

People switch boxes all the time, it really depends on the relationship you build with others. Bitterness isn't something that's prevalent though. Some may be bummed that you've moved on, kind of like moving out of the neighborhood. The majority of the time people move from one box to another is due to an actual change of residence. I think that is why tshirts are big in CF, people are proud of the box they came from, also when people travel and "drop-in" tshirts are exchanged, especially amongst box owners. Kind of how soccer players exchange jerseys after a game.

Also - how often do people hook up and then regret it making classes all awkward and ****?

It happens, and it's just like every other hook up and regret situation, :lol:

I would recommend working on hip mobility as opposed to narrowing your stance. Feet should be shoulder with apart, anything wider or narrower is compromising your form.

that is good advice i usually keep about shoulder width maybe a little closer i will try experimenting with foot placement and see how it goes.
Same. Usually go pretty wide for DL buy shoulder width with toes pointed slightly outwards for Squat.

Saw on Elliott's youtube channel to squat in a manner in which you would naturally squat down to take a dump outside
laugh.gif
Actually worked out.

Back
Top Bottom