STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

300 carbs a day is beastly I prov
the struggle of being too lazy to meal prep

at work, not knowing what to get for lunch...sick of chipotle

me and you both meal prepping sucks...but is awesome once you get it done
and i think i surfed the Chipotle wave for too long im all carne asada and brown riced out
I make meal prepping a job though otherwise i wont take it serious.

You've seen that happen in real life?? 

I would die laughing if some dude got legitimately mad at me for dropping weights much less if he wanted to get rowdy over it.

I tell people constantly that its not a nursery, its a gym, its supposed to be somewhat loud. 

lol i was at PF once and i was going for a PR i grunted on the way up and this lady came up to me and told me not to do that
i was like wtf do you want me to do make Kitty noises needless to say i never went back

just smashed it...pretty small portion, but with only 350cal I guess you can't expect much..overall GREAT flavor and decent source of protein....it was $11.99, way overpriced but I will probably get it again for convenience reasons

300 carbs a day is beastly I prov

and i think i surfed the Chipotle wave for too long im all carne asada and brown riced out

Turn the TV on nice n loud so u can hear it in the kitchen :pimp:

or

if you have a tablet or a laptop put that mug somewhere in the kitchen and play some netflix or hulu

it really breaks the monotony for me.

But honestly, having my lady do it is my favorite option :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

just smashed it...pretty small portion, but with only 350cal I guess you can't expect much..overall GREAT flavor and decent source of protein....it was $11.99, way overpriced but I will probably get it again for convenience reasons

http://www.applebees.com/menu/entrees/chicken/new--cedar-grilled-lemon-chicken

The grilled lemon chicken looks good too... More protein and more calories all together. I'd probably cop the relish on the side... not to adventurous on that

haven't been to applebees in years... All i remember is their food doesnt look nearly as good as it does in these pics :wow: :lol:

lol i was at PF once and i was going for a PR i grunted on the way up and this lady came up to me and told me not to do that
i was like wtf do you want me to do make Kitty noises needless to say i never went back
I would have laughed at her and blew her a kiss

It's not so bad after you get the hang of it, but I still do find myself dreading to do it every week.

I usually just grill chicken tenderloins seasoned with Flavor God and cut them up into little chunks with scissors and get the Uncle Ben's brown rice boil in a bag. That'd be my lunch for about 4-5 days. Yeah, it gets boring, but I can't really cook anything else. :lol: Sometimes I'll steam some vegetables, but I hate prepping vegetables.

Gonna look into buying a George Foreman grill soon, so it'll be even faster. Went from 1 hour to about 30-40 minutes meal prepping every week now. :pimp:

And meal prepping definitely saves you money.

Last edited:
old people hate slamming of the weights.  Though I acknowledge how bad it CAN be, 9/10 times I see it happen it's a simple misunderstanding of someone trying to lift more than they can handle, end result being the weights getting dropped.  I've seen older dudes (40s-50s) who are seemingly on bad batches, trying to fight younger cats who make the mistake of dropping weights.  When you are 40+ and yelling at someone for an accident and require other folks and gym staff to break it up and calm you down, you are losing in my book.  I don;t know about anyone else, but one of the last places I'm trying to get into a physical altercation is the gym.  All it takes is a plate to the back of the head for you to go from a veteran weight lifter in your 50s to 6 feet under.  it is what it is though.  I can see both sides.  I just tend to think that the majority of people at the gym are trying to get in shape, better themselves, and mind their business.  The ones who do have an attitude and want drama in the gym are in the minority, and have deeper rooted issues.

Never seen anything like this happen but some people are way extra at the gym.

It's one thing to drop weights when you're doing a PR, lifting a really heavy weight or you're in a tough position to properly place it down. It's another to carelessly throw the weights around for no reason. At least in my gym, I'd say dudes are just carelessly throwing the weights around 80% of the time vs. actually needing to drop the weight. Like you really need to drop the weight when curling? Or doing lunges?

Same thing with grunts and making noise. You can tell who's actually trying to work out and who's making sure that the entire gym hears them. Honestly, I gotta put my headphones on as loud as possible sometimes because the noises just make me laugh. Completely kills my concentration mid-lift.

Mad jelly, bro. Enjoy the reset week in Japan, if you have to improvise just lift some Gundams or something.

Where you at? All jokes aside, my friend has a Thai boxing gym in Kanagawa and I'm trying to get there sometime in the next year.

Is it a good idea to de-load right before you feel like you are going to plateau to try and avoid it?  Just hit 500 lb on the leg press but I feel like I'm going to end up plateauing around 550. I'm thinking about dropping to 400 and then working my way back to try and avoid the plateau.  Good idea or should I just let the plateau happen and de-load from there? 

You've seen that happen in real life?? 

I would die laughing if some dude got legitimately mad at me for dropping weights much less if he wanted to get rowdy over it.

I tell people constantly that its not a nursery, its a gym, its supposed to be somewhat loud. 
yes, with my own eyes.  and i feel the same way as you...it's stupid to get pissed over it 

Mad jelly, bro. Enjoy the reset week in Japan, if you have to improvise just lift some Gundams or something.

Where you at? All jokes aside, my friend has a Thai boxing gym in Kanagawa and I'm trying to get there sometime in the next year.
Going to see the gundam today!!!
Im in tokyo. Hotel is in Taito.
Going to harajuku today see if i can get another golds gym japan shirt

Is it a good idea to de-load right before you feel like you are going to plateau to try and avoid it?  Just hit 500 lb on the leg press but I feel like I'm going to end up plateauing around 550. I'm thinking about dropping to 400 and then working my way back to try and avoid the plateau.  Good idea or should I just let the plateau happen and de-load from there? 
Not sure if srs.....

But leg press isn't something Id be worried about plateauing on. Ive never even counted weight on it, just number of plates. 

Not sure if srs.....

But leg press isn't something Id be worried about plateauing on. Ive never even counted weight on it, just number of plates. 
lol sadly I'm serious.  I've only been working out for a month and a half and I'm still learning a lot. 

Back
Top Bottom