STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

In terms of raw eggs, think the difference is between pasteurized and non-pasteurized. I wouldn't crack eggs and eat them, think there's a salmonela risk there.

I know a few guys that pound these...

I would avoid plyo shoes. Bunch of dudes back in high school were on it. Got stupid bounce but tore up their knees. Also heard bad things about air alert.

Try boingvert. I did phase 1 and then stopped to do weights (squats/lunges/leg press/calf raises) once a week for the past 3 weeks. Now I'm grazing my head on the backboard and I'm barely 6 feet. Gonna continue with phase two next week

I didn't word the question very well. :lol: What kind of shoes do you guys wear when you do plyometrics or any type of jump training? Basketball shoes?

I didn't word the question very well.
laugh.gif
What kind of shoes do you guys wear when you do plyometrics or any type of jump training? Basketball shoes?
I prefer shoes with that"lockdown" feeling,right now i use kobe 7's on plyo days, nothing on nikes 360 air or running shoes. no support with you're bouncing all over the place when youre tired  

Last edited:
That article was just talking about eggs in general you don't have to drink it raw.

WHOLE eggs (not whites) have iodine in them (not regular table salt) that synthesizes your thyroid levels (precursor to T)... and high cholesterol diets/saturated fat = higher T.

That whole spiel about low cholesterol is only for old people lol like that "low fat" trend in the 90s/ late 00s... high cholesterol is anabolic

That article was just talking about eggs in general you don't have to drink it raw.

WHOLE eggs (not whites) have iodine in them (not regular table salt) that synthesizes your thyroid levels (precursor to T)... and high cholesterol diets/saturated fat = higher T.

That whole spiel about low cholesterol is only for old people lol like that "low fat" trend in the 90s/ late 00s... high cholesterol is anabolic
Do you have any links to this? Not trying to argue, I just want to read more about it. I eat whole eggs everyday and have never heard that high cholesterol equals higher testosterone. 

i don't think it will raise it to the degree that tangible gains in strength (or even recovery) will be noticeable unless your diet is deficient or you have super low t to begin with. exogenous testosterone and eggs is the better way to go :lol:

i don't think it will raise it to the degree that tangible gains in strength (or even recovery) will be noticeable unless your diet is deficient or you have super low t to begin with. exogenous testosterone and eggs is the better way to go :lol:
Ding ding ding.

Correlation and causation.

I was able to eat eggs the first 25 years of my life then I developed a "food sensitivity" towards eggs and can no longer eat them. It causes a great pain in my stomach shortly after eating them. I can eat products with egg if they are baked into a cake and such but I cannot eat scrambled eggs, etc. I went to the doctor and he told me that this is fairly common and  that I might be able to eat eggs in the future with no problems. Anyone else experience anything similar?        

Tried Sumo DLs the other day. Liked the way they felt. I realized that my hips were too low when I do conventional DLs. I think I was almost squatting the weight. Maybe it wasn't that bad but I'm def trying higher hips from now on.

Trying to do cardio on the East Coast is awful btw. I've been using the bike but it's not the same as running outside or playing full court bball.

^I know someone who used to be able to eat chicken and eggs no problem and then around her 25th yr of life she developed rashes every tiem she eats them

My dad used to drink soy milk just fine and at 55 years old his face started blowing up like a balloon every time he drinks them

Some people are gonna hurt themselves with the Crossfit 15.1

It's pretty stupid programming to me. 6 minutes to find a one rep max clean jerk, and that's after a 9 minute AMRAP

Maybe they could've made it at least 10 minutes to find a 1RM

or switch the order of the WOD around

Last edited:
Did it last night. Not bad.

People who have low 1RM's will probably PR however if your 1RM is in the 225+ range you're not going to get a new PR in a fatigued state.

Froning and Fraser hit 85% of their 1rm.

I was gassed so I took my time, didn't make an attempt until the 11 minute mark... Hit 185. Went for 205... Hit that... Went for 225... Hit that. Was loading for 245, ran out of time.

Pr is 275, so 82-83% of my 1rm.

Some people are gonna hurt themselves with the Crossfit 15.1

my exact thoughts after seeing what it was.

i've always tried to defend crossfit when i saw unfair criticism, but programming like this is flat out stupid and it's definitely not helping crossfit's case.

15 Toes To Bar
10 Deadlift
5 Snatch
9 minutes as many reps as possible.
Followed by 6 minutes to establish a 1rm clean and jerk

15 minutes total, running clock.
Whats the weight for the DL and snatch? I think Ill need a breather after just reading that. 

srs 

not srs 

Back
Top Bottom