STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

For those of you talking about shoulder issues with the bench press, sometimes it's just not knowing how to properly bench press for your goals, size, and proportions. This article will at least help with proper grip width if you're not a suited competitor in powerlifting.

http://www.t-nation.com/training/bench-press-grip-the-magic-number/comments
Not a good article. There is no universal formula for everyone. The comments on the article do a pretty good job trashing it.

I'm recently gotten back on a high protein high veg diet and I physically feel satisfied but it's as if my stomach still wants more.

Is that just the body being used to a high calorie load?

Wider grip is always tougher on the shoulders but shortens ROM. 

If your just trying to impress girls then theres no reason to go super wide.

Anyone notice a change in sex drive once they start lifting?
Not sure if it's the lifting, or the supps, but I can't stop fapping. Every night before bed I gotta rub one out.

Anyone notice a change in sex drive once they start lifting?
Not sure if it's the lifting, or the supps, but I can't stop fapping. Every night before bed I gotta rub one out.
What supps you taking? Sometimes u gotta rub one out playa. It be like that sometimes

^^ key word is "sometimes"... dude said he's doing it every night. 
mean.gif

Got a chance to get my technique critiqued but a member of team USA weightlifting and natl champ today... Humbling experience lol.

Dude might be the strongest person I've ever met... At 150 pounds lol.

And used an actual Olympic barbell for the first time in forever and it felt like butter in my hands def time to invest in one or talk my gym owner into buying one since he wants to drop 50k on 3 wood way treadmills smh

Last edited:
Got a chance to get my technique critiqued but a member of team USA weightlifting and natl champ today... Humbling experience lol.

Dude might be the strongest person I've ever met... At 150 pounds lol.

And used an actual Olympic barbell for the first time in forever and it felt like butter in my hands def time to invest in one or talk my gym owner into buying one since he wants to drop 50k on 3 wood way treadmills smh

Having a legit olympic barbell is a good investment

Anybody else drink a lot?  Had some **** come up in life that lead me to the bottle, but in doing so it brought back my appetite and my lifts are recovering while my weight remains low after dropping.

Nothing wrong with a little drink now and then. I know people who take a shot or two before lifting. Get them loose. (They dont do more than that)

Hey all, love lurkin in here just a quick question. I strained my achilles a little over a month ago. I would like to get back to upper body, is this ok? Or should I hold off a little more? Percentage wise I would say I'm at 70-75. Just wondering if anyone has had a leg injury before in here

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with a little drink now and then. I know people who take a shot or two before lifting. Get them loose. (They dont do more than that)
Damn.  I couldn't imagine drinking before lifting.  I usually get about 6-10 shots in through the evening though. 

When I was training full time and fighting professionally in Thailand, I did train through the morning after a night of drinking without any rest.  I have no idea how I did that, but muay Thai is second nature and I couldn't imagine heavy lifts while drunk.

Crazy how much mickey d's is on that chart. I remember having McDonald's big breakfast and mc muffin before taking a pe fitness test in high school. Hated myself that day :smh:

Usain  
roll.gif

These dudes got different metabolisms b. I remember watching a Hards Knocks where Ocho Cinco was eating MCds all the time and seemed unaffected 
sick.gif

Last edited:
Alright bros. I've been under some mental stress so i joined planet fitness to get my mind and body and spirit right.

I've been going regularly for about 3 weeks now and for the last 2 weeks I've been drinking protein shakes with bananas, honey, I've cream, milk, oatmeal and strawberries or pineapples, depends on what I have. I basically just go in there and do whatever I feel like doing that day. When i see some real progress I'll pay some before and after pics. I'm amped because this is the first time I've actually gone hard on the gym on a consistent basis.

Back
Top Bottom