STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

^ congrats bro. Repped. Traditional or sumo? All I do is sumo now. My grip starts to fail towards the end of my 275 set but I can finish. Then I switch. You use chalk? I have to because the bar is smooth where my set up is

New PR, for now. Ain't much but I'm hype. My grip failed so I had to switch to the over/under grip.

5'9" 175 lbs btw. Hoping to join the 1k club this year

Congrats! You'll be in the 1,000 pound club before you know it.

Took the time to actually stretch and do some mobility work before squatting today. I was moving a lot better but the weight just felt so damn heavy. Then I remembered I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. I always seem to ignore how much good a full night's rest will do for your CNS in terms of lifting.

Thanks homie. Traditional. I hit 275 with the regular both overhand grip. Had to switch to the over/under for 315.

I don't use chalk but I'll probably pick some up. I'll also do some grip work as well.

Thoughts on straps? Should I hold off on using them for as long as possible?

I'm just over the 850lb club. Gonna be a struggle getting that last 150lbs. Especially when it's beach season coming up in SD and I'm semi-cutting.

5'8" 155lbs

~245 bench
~265 squat (psychological problem testing my actual 1RM)
~345 DL

Last edited:
Serious question, I've never used straps, knee sleeves, gloves or any type of gym equipment/accessory.

Am I missing out ?

Serious question, I've never used straps, knee sleeves, gloves or any type of gym equipment/accessory.

Am I missing out ?

Depends what you mean by "missing out"? IMO if you haven't run into any issues going raw then I don't see why you should invest in gear. Unless you're competing of course. Then you should probably invest in (within reason) whatever could give you an edge.

I'm a hypocrite though cause I'm looking at Inzer belts and Romaleos all the time and I don't compete :lol:

Depends what you mean by "missing out"? IMO if you haven't run into any issues going raw then I don't see why you should invest in gear. Unless you're competing of course. Then you should probably invest in (within reason) whatever could give you an edge.

I'm a hypocrite though cause I'm looking at Inzer belts and Romaleos all the time and I don't compete
laugh.gif
Missing out as in I'd like to see what else I could optimize. For example, I still don't believe in meal timing and frequency, but I've been implementing the concept for the past few months to see if it makes a noticeable difference and it also doesn't hurt to try. 

And I don't compete and never intend to. I'm probably making absolutely no sense but just want to see what else I could implement (without wasting money)  to maximize results

how long does it take to get decent at olympic lifting... Hate looking like im not lifting a decent amount of weight because these movements are new.

but i do love how they have affected my workouts and body.

Hey so I'm looking for a fit bit or something off brand like a fit bit for my Girl's birthday, anyone have any recommendations.
a lot of the knocks i find for under 70 have bad reviews.
I wasn't initially trying to drop 100+ on it. but I can't seem to find one comparable.

Are those combat bars better then quest? Because I got some quest bar. Those things are disgusting

Combat Bars are the best in the market IMO.. Cinnamon Twist, Birthday Cake are my two personal faves

How do people honestly say quest bars are "disgusting". Like have you ever eaten a power bar? There are far worse bars out there. Still haven't tried combat bars but i think quest bars are delicious.

The only reason I'm not really a fan of quest anymore is because they're better micro waved. But I buy bars to eat on the go or to keep in the car when I'm starving. And they're not great out of package to me

Last edited:
Are those combat bars better then quest? Because I got some quest bar. Those things are disgusting
Quest bars taste a little better than doodoo. They're tolerable but not sure why people think they taste good.
Combat bars taste amazing though. They basically taste like actual chocolate/candy bars

Hey so I'm looking for a fit bit or something off brand like a fit bit for my Girl's birthday, anyone have any recommendations.
a lot of the knocks i find for under 70 have bad reviews.
I wasn't initially trying to drop 100+ on it. but I can't seem to find one comparable.

Combat Bars are the best in the market IMO.. Cinnamon Twist, Birthday Cake are my two personal faves

You really like birthday cake? Tastes like sour vanilla to me

Back
Top Bottom