STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What are some macros I should go by if I'm trynna cut 8lbs?

I'm doing 60% protein, 30% fat and 10-15% carbs
At my size 6'6 250, I should cut at 2100 but it's so hard to get those calories in and meet those %s

Judging from my MFP app, I got 1800 in today (yesterday)

It's hard to get those cals because it's nearly impossible to depend that heavily on protein. You don't need that much anyway,

C - 45%
F - 20%
P - 35%

That would make more sense to me if you're trying to cut fat. By no means am I a nutritionist or anything like that, but your carbs are way to low and your protein way too high. Your body demands more carbs than protein even though you're getting the same cals per gram, they're easier to get in.

Last edited:
Yeah when i hit 200 I will do a side by side with my 250 pic.

**** your knee *** 

:lol:

Im 5'8 though so ill always be stout. 

Jah bless brother Boss. So will you be Medium Boss after it's all said and done? :nerd:
Going to drop my progress pics in here when I get done with my cut too.

Jah bless brother Boss. So will you be Medium Boss after it's all said and done?
nerd.gif

Going to drop my progress pics in here when I get done with my cut too.
Nahhhh dog always BigBoss till the end.

Goal is to be about 225 at 10% one day. Natty or not.

there was information being circulated that soy increases estrogen. i'm not sure how accurate it is but it was so widely repeated that i was afraid to give my son too much tofu. nowadays i chalk it up to myth or at least don't believe that the increase is significant enough to do any "damage". i like lemograss fired tofu from the local spot but plain tofu dipped in soy and ginger is also nice.
from the medical studies I've read...it's true.

That's why Ill never buy soy protein...cheaper for a reason. Trash.

Any body ever try using Apple cider vinegar. This chick I work with was raving about it. Got me all excited to try it out.

there was information being circulated that soy increases estrogen. i'm not sure how accurate it is but it was so widely repeated that i was afraid to give my son too much tofu. nowadays i chalk it up to myth or at least don't believe that the increase is significant enough to do any "damage". i like lemograss fired tofu from the local spot but plain tofu dipped in soy and ginger is also nice.

We talk about this often in school, and it's pretty much an urban legend. The fear for males is growing female-like breast, which is absolutely false. You would have to be taking a hell of a lot more than dietary soy protein in order to make your body change like that.

Soy protein is a complete protein, I wouldn't worry about the hormonal effects. Your testosterone will not go down. Science has found no evidence to caution men against eating soy.

Any body ever try using Apple cider vinegar. This chick I work with was raving about it. Got me all excited to try it out.

Ya. Its good if u got a cold/sore throat. Mix some with water. Even good to brush your teeth with.

Hit 265 on the flat bench today new PR felt good

Also hit 225 on incline bench. Normally I don't go heavy on incline because it make my shoulder uncomfortable

It's hard to get those cals because it's nearly impossible to depend that heavily on protein. You don't need that much anyway,

C - 45%
F - 20%
P - 35%

That would make more sense to me if you're trying to cut fat. By no means am I a nutritionist or anything like that, but your carbs are way to low and your protein way too high. Your body demands more carbs than protein even though you're getting the same cals per gram, they're easier to get in.

Makes sense, but what if I'm doing the Keto joint? Isn't that a quick way to cut fat?

I could be wrong, I don't know **** about macros aside from what I read online :lol:

Hit 265 on the flat bench today new PR felt good

Also hit 225 on incline bench. Normally I don't go heavy on incline because it make my shoulder uncomfortable

225 on the incline is legit. Most I've done is like 195. I dont do the incline bench too often though. I go high on the incline with the dumbbells mostly.

I weigh my rice cooked. 

I suggest everyone always weigh **** out and do not measure it. I saw a picture of a tablespoon of peanut butter and an actual weighed out serving and they were different in terms of actual calories.
How much difference??

We talk about this often in school, and it's pretty much an urban legend. The fear for males is growing female-like breast, which is absolutely false. You would have to be taking a hell of a lot more than dietary soy protein in order to make your body change like that.

Soy protein is a complete protein, I wouldn't worry about the hormonal effects. Your testosterone will not go down. Science has found no evidence to caution men against eating soy.
thanks for clarification. Repped.

For the knee, any exercises you were advised to avoid?

Dude in equoinox Hollywood worked out barefoot today. Leg day too so was all over the press machines. That **** shouldn't be allowed.

Last edited:
In other news. Hit a new high of 385 on squat. Went overboard and on my last set as I went down I legit felt my legs go out and had the bubble gut feeling. Was scared I was gonna have to bail so instead had to use HORRIBLE form and bend over with my back way more then I would have liked. Thankfully got it up without causing a scene lol.

My GF just told me about it like a week ago :lol:. Supposedly I heard it's good for cutting belly fat but I don't think there is much proof to it, or at least I haven't heard any. I am giving it a shot tho, throwing it in my smoothies during my cut right now.

Spinach, peanut butter, chocolate protein, apple cider vinegar, and water.

Last edited:
soundview soundview

No prob man. When my meniscus was torn, my
Knee locked up so I pretty much couldn't do anything, but during recovery they didn't want me doing squats for a while, or running/jumping. They didn't want me going past 90° in leg press and they didn't want me doing leg extension machine stuff.

Basically they said I could do anything with the hammys, but wanted me to avoid anything too quad stressful or knee stressful

Ok :lol: so I hate to be repetitive, but I'm reading SOOO many different things on the net in regards to keto diets, carbs, cutting and all that good stuff

Some places are saying go Keto, some are saying go balanced, idk what to do :lol: I'm just trying to shed some fat to expose the muscles off some more :lol:

For the past 2-3days, I been on a high protein, low carb joint. 60% protein, 30% fat, 10% carbs (give or take 5% here and there). I have no complaints so far, can't really tell a difference yet. No lack of energy..to tell you the truth, I've had more energy to complete my workouts, but that could be the caffeine :lol:

I did read that during a cut, you should eat 1.2-1.5x grams protein of your body weight? Is that true?

Man I'm confused :lol: **** is annoying, I'm about to say **** it and eat what I want and just go hard in the gym as I usually do :lol:

That whole apple cider vinegar thing is the new fad for dieters. I get people in my store (gnc) everyday saying this saw this and that online or on tv about how great it is. It does help with a lot of different things but not gonna help drop a ton of weight.
Also I have a Fitbit charge somebody can have for free if they'd like, I don't have a charger but I'm sure that would be easy to find online. It's just a first gen in black and works/looks great.

Back
Top Bottom