STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Lifted for the first time in 2 months (other than a couple bodyweight/banded sessions at home) yesterday at Lifetime.

Hit legs/chest and I can’t even sit down today, it’s more like a semi-controlled fall...

Squatted right off the bat and could only manage 225 5x3 paused before my legs started spasming.

Hitting back today and will try to ease back into it (unlike yesterday). And shout out to infraren infraren for the Lifetime hookup!

i just need something to do pull downs with and i'll be fine.
tons of people selling those full home gyms like weider and Marcy but i dont have a truck

I wish I was creative with the bands I have but no motivation here at home....i get distracted here at home and cant really focus...tired of doing pushups since its not the same as a bench press....I hit rock bottom and dont even wanna even try which sucks

I wish I was creative with the bands I have but no motivation here at home....i get distracted here at home and cant really focus...tired of doing pushups since its not the same as a bench press....I hit rock bottom and dont even wanna even try which sucks

Yea I'm in a similar boat. It's not rational but I've always suffered from a kind of perfectionism where if I can't do something "right" or the way I've designed or planned it, I find it really hard to be motivated and do it at all.

Now I'm just trying to limit the damage. I put on 10lb the first 4 weeks of SIP.

Was drinking too much wine and eating the same amount of calories as when I was expending +1000 calories a day between work and the gym.

Adjusted the calorie consumption and started walking 2 - 4 miles a day, haven't gained a lb since. :lol:

Hoping my gym opens up early June but it's a university facility and I could see them being more cautious than commercial gyms.

Lifted for the first time in 2 months (other than a couple bodyweight/banded sessions at home) yesterday at Lifetime.

Hit legs/chest and I can’t even sit down today, it’s more like a semi-controlled fall...

Squatted right off the bat and could only manage 225 5x3 paused before my legs started spasming.

Hitting back today and will try to ease back into it (unlike yesterday). And shout out to infraren infraren for the Lifetime hookup!

def ease back into it.

when my equipments finally came in for the home gym, I tried squatting for the first time in 2 weeks and everything felt heavy and I lost mad strength.

just had to ease back into and accept the reality of the situation. 6 weeks in and now im stronger than I was pre-quarantine.

I just take a shot of pre workout, and i feel like i have to utilize it. Like what am I going to do. Take pre workout and then sit down while it runs through my system.

Positive affirmation really work, everything moves in wavelengths, so whatever you put out you get back. So, I just talk myself up a lot, and say positive things about what im going to to etc...
Plus I meditate< Very helpful.

You just have to try different things.. Or listen to "Eric Thomas" lol

Last edited:
Better yet you can build your own pulley from home depot for $20.

Im tryna find some sort of space i can turn into a workout area/gym. Been reaching out to diff links, hoping i can luck out. Not going to the gym for at least this yr.

You can rent one from Home Depot for $20 (truck)
it's that mileage that gets you. most stuff is about 40'+ miles from me. plus they charge you more to drop off at a location thats not theres.

Better yet you can build your own pulley from home depot for $20.

I dont have a full or half rack with the top. no where to really drill in my ceiling. my gym is in the room with the house beam which is metal

What's up fit fam. I just got my 1st order in from Father Sons. Everything fits great except for one shirt.(pic below). It's a XXL but too small for me. 1 size up and I'd be good. I wanna give it away to a NTer, but make sure it would possibly fit you. Right now I'm 244lbs and I'm 5'11. I'll take measurements of my arms and chest once I find my tape measure so you can get an idea if it could fit you nice. All I ask if you pay for the shipping and subscribe to my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7FxlxuuBS5edQk-PpKdNAw

I'm going to upload a review on their shirts on how they fit and feel. I've always had issues finding quality dress clothes for my physique so I'm loving their stuff right now

This is the shirt I wanna give to one of you guys. Just reply "Yes" and I'll radomly pick someone
image_ce09c00f-c4d5-4df5-b66e-aff8dcf2790d_1000x.jpg

100%

I have the power dot, I use it frequently after long runs or pulls/strains from lifting.
Question about location of the pads. Do you just go online to lookup pad locations or did your power dot come with some sort of manual. I been looking online for pad locations and sometimes they vary so not sure if I’m hitting the right spots

Anyone ever use an inversion table for back issues?

My mom and grandpa use them for back pain and swear by them... I’ve used it and it can be nice after heavy squats.

Ray Ray Williams uses a modified Spud Inc. strap from a Pit Shark machine to do inverted hangs at 350+ lbs (and has squatted 1000 lbs over 30 times) and swears by it, so it seems like there is definitely some benefit.

I wish I was creative with the bands I have but no motivation here at home.... I hit rock bottom and dont even wanna even try which sucks

I feel you man, I was the same way... Just keep your head up and focus on the long term rather than getting sucked into a destructive mentality.

def ease back into it.
Yeah, that’s the plan. Focusing on getting good sleep, as much protein/water as possible, and trying to be more proactive with active recovery as I get back in my rhythm.

I hit back/biceps today and definitely took it easier than yesterday. This is the longest break I’ve taken since I started lifting religiously 8+ years ago and I didn’t do **** while I was quarantined, so it was definitely a wake up call.

I’m excited though because the break made me realize how much I love lifting and made me want to improve rather than maintain (which I’ve been doing for the last year or so).

It's a XXL but too small for me.
#subtleflex

Meanwhile I can’t even fill out the arms of a Lululemon Large shirt anymore at 6’2 ~200... :smh:

What state are you in bro? I go to lifetime too. Waiting for ours to open.

What are the hours at yours?

Back
Top Bottom