STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

you don’t false grip pull-ups? :nerd:

Sometimes, sometimes full grip. Sometimes neutral grip. Sometimes bodyweight, sometimes weighted.
manny.png

Long story so
Still an even more condensed version lol
Basically one day I just woke up and my knee was the size of a grapefruit and I was in the worst pain of my life. months go by and I still don’t go to the doctor because I thought it would pass but I got to the point where I could barely walk, I didn’t have the strength to kick my bed sheet up anymore. I had to go up and down stairs 1 at a time. Moving my foot from the gas pedal to the brake was painful..I was taking like 800-1000mg of ibuprofen just to be able to get around.. more months pass after going to PT and now the same thing spread to a few of toes and my thumb. Turns out it’s rheumatoid arthritis caused by a very mild case of psoriasis I’ve always had.. leading up to this point in my life I was super stressed, depressed, anxious, and I was having really bad stomach problems, which I know now were all warning signs and contributing factors to it. 1 out of 3 people who have psoriasis get RA, it’s something that might have happened to me later in life but even with my very mild case, due to my mental and physical state leading up to it I’m not surprised it happened.
I have it under control now but it’s something chronic I’ll unfortunately most likely always be dealing with. This all started at the end of 2018 into 2019, knock on wood the worst times are in the past

I lost everything athletic during this period. all my strength, stamina, balance, flexibility, etc. Gone.
but I’ve been back in the gym for almost a year now and I’m happy with my progress. I was basically starting from zero. I need to do like yoga and plyometric stuff

I completely get how pro athletes just suddenly lose “it”. Like I fully get Fernando Torres now :lol: [\spoiler]

Real talk, coming from someone who has had 7 knee surgeries due to 3 ACL tears, with the last one being ACL, MCL, LCL, and meniscus and now also has arthritis because of it at the age of 35, hop on some Celebrex if your Dr. ok's it for you. During my last recovery which ended up taking three years (it was from the major knee injury with multiple ligaments), I just woke up one day and felt completely different. It's like I went to bed without arthrities and the next morning I woke up with it and it completely messed up my recovery and prolonged it. Ended up getting PRP and stem cell injections during the process and now am on Celebrex (which I only take every other day and not on the weekends) and feel amazing. I too am limited with what I "should" be doing for leg workouts (mainly no squats) but getting on that medication has really made my day to day and active lifestly feel closer to what it did before this last injury. Definitely stay away from the painkillers though if you can.

IMG_7439.png

Been on this and all I’ll say is…

Not for faint of heart or beginners

High stim

i don't typically use stimulants anyway but haven't had any caffeine in a little over a month now...hitting PRs regardless tho 😎

eat a good meal before/in preparation of a session and it's all gucci basically

We did like 30+ minutes of running and military style drills today before we even started training...and even the training was all positional live drills. Dude was tryna kill us. Some of the less in shape dudes looked like they were about to pass out. :lol:

In all seriousness, I went back through the old bodybuilding forums and the caffeine free pre workout I kept seeing recommended was PES High Volume.

It works I stand by it makes you vascular asf too

Great workout day. Did 2 hours of biking, rows and stairmaster, before back and biceps. Will be extra fit for BJJ training in the morning. :pimp:

I got some great taps on some blue belts this morning during live rolls. I mean they were all smaller/weaker and one was a girl, but a win is a win. :rofl:

Tank Top Master Tank Top Master

Take 2 scoops of it then mr top expert

Lmk how it go

And actually do it don’t come in here with no 14 sticker response

Two scoops is weaker than I **** I step on the platform with. Four scoops will either have me PR, in the hospital, and/or training with Piccolo n'dem in the next dimension.
ehh3.png

Put up the money for it or send me a tub and I will.
yeshrug.png

If not, shut the **** up because you ain't running **** outchea, bruh.

Two scoops is weaker than I **** I step on the platform with. Four scoops will either have me PR, in the hospital, and/or training with Piccolo n'dem in the next dimension.
ehh3.png

Put up the money for it or send me a tub and I will.
yeshrug.png

If not, shut the **** up because you ain't running **** outchea, bruh.

You sound upset

Lmk when the POWDA arrives

Maybe in the Christmas spirit we can all chip in and get you some

Back
Top Bottom