STEEL CITY (Pittsburgh) NT'ers STAND UP!!!

That's the thing I really don't get about Pittsburgh. A lot of people here be tryna clown my city (Harrisburg, St*r City, State Capital) about therenot bein anything there. But like a few of the ppl I rap to off NT, they know that Da Villa back in HBG gets a lot of hot gear , sneakers, and fitteds. Theysee what I havin on and ask where I get it from. Not to mention, the worst thing Da Villa gon do wit limited kicks is say u have to cop a fitted in order tobuy em, which most of us gon do anyway. They don't overcharge or anything like. None the less, the clothing selection is pretty limited unless you gotcrazy cake and willin to spend $50+ on a tshirt and $70+ on a pair of jeans. I do see why people don't care about what they wear forreal. I'm actuallyglad Shiesty Villa is closin down. Yea there goes an urban account but who really wants a place where they gon charge you $30+ over retail for a pair of feets,THEN you gotta hope u don't wear they size or they homies size.

laugh.gif
the fact that the villa closed is NOT a good look for Pittsburgh ingeneral.

the fact that the villa closed is NOT a good look for Pittsburgh in general
Exactly...If I was still into shoes like I used to be, I'de feel some type of way about it...but now i don't really care.

^^^^Lol. It def aint a good look. It raises the million dollar question "Why?" lol. But if you're on the losin end of the answer like me, you bein you room doin the Soulja Boy to celebrate.lol. WATCH MY YULLLLLLEEEEE!!!!!!!

Well i spoke to my dude down at sneakervilla and there IS a chance that an urban account will stay in the burgh
pimp.gif

Basically nick(the dumb owner)has known he wasnt gonna continue with the store's in east liberty and downtown for quit some time which is REALLY wherealot of you guys complaints where actually generating from. It was actually him that was marking the prices up on alot of merchandise trying to get what hecould the past year b4 he left the retail industry. The thing is though nick still has a 3 year lease on the place downtown which obviously is going to have toget used. So with that being said my dude from SV is going to be going to Philly next week where the main SV is and speaking with the owner. He has showninterest in taking over SV for the next three years, But nothing is definite yet.

So what does that mean for the sneaker heads in the burgh?
*Urban account stays
*Better ownership
*cant say no mark ups but they defiantly wont be nearly as high if there are ones

That's pretty messed up that he would try to milk ppl before he got out of the retail game. But aey, Karma is a *b* word wit a period on and she alwayscomes back around. Sad thing is that they can still mark up prices cause of the fact they are franchise and not corporate. I just hope that it aint like that.And get a better selection. These SV's have had to been the sorriest I've ever seen. They have an urban account. USE IT. L'styles aint the only hotlimited kicks that drop.

i think woodland Jewelers had one a minute ago bu im bot sure if there still around. might want to check kashi downtown

I heard that there are dudes from philly that are interested in gettin SV back in the downtown spot cause they still have 5 years left on their lease.

^^^^I don't really think it matters. Even if they did, they gon have to restore the SV name to repair the damage that the current manager has done. Justlet the Corporate HQ take over, will be alot better and no overpricing.

Really the management had very little to do with their problems. Nick, the dude who was overseeing the whole operation had vendors waiting on payments amoungother things. Bottom line people want to bad-mouth SV, and in most cases they were the ones looking for discounts and other hook-ups when they never spent anytype of dough in the place. It got a bad rap because people felt like they were entitled to a hook-up when in all actulality the employees and management thereowed them nothing. I personally feel bad for the employees and the managers of the 2 locations because one dude ruined everything.

Yea, from what everyone was sayin 1 bad apple did spoil the bunch. I went in there not lookin for a discount, all I wanted was to pay retail.lol. Is that toomuch to ask? But I feel what u sayin. Like "Yo, I'm the 100th person that shopped here, you should give me 20% off of these Forces." LMAO

Anyone in here know where I can get the Black/Cactus foams from in this city??

whats up guys, i go to college here in pittsburgh. does anyone know what retailers will be getting the countdown packs in our area? thanks.

^^^^Whadup brah. What scool u go to? I'm at Pitt. But Any Footlocker, Champs, Footaction, and possibly Finishline will be gettin the Countdown packs. Butexpect lower quantities than the OL/NL but more than the DMP.

^ What up bro, I go to Carnegie Mellon right down the street. Been lurking on NT for a while now and just got a account. I usually hit up the Footlockerdowntown for general releases, I remember them having a huge amount of the OLNL packs. I actually was able to get one of the DMPs there, they were very limitedthough (im sure you know that). Anyway thanks for the info, it doesnt seem like there is too much hype here in the burgh for J's, especially since i'mfrom the bay area (cali) and its nuts on every release day there.

Yea, I was down there tryna get a pack, lost out to some ppl that didn't even wear my size. Still upset about that but oh well. Yea, the hype is dyin downfor J's period from what I see. But that's only for those lookin for the next band wagon to get on. I like J's period, these young bulls never seenMJ hoop in his prime so they don't know.lol. Aey, let em stick wit Lebron.

Honestly I hope the hype dies out completely for J's for the simple fact that real Jordan fans and sneaker heads will be able to get there sneaks and nothave some dude get em' just cause they seen other people wearin' em' .

^^^ I hear that, last year was the worst for buying J's. I miss the days when the 99 retro iv's were around a month or 2 after release and could get emwith ease. I hope it keeps dying down, at least so JB can stop making these horrible colorways, and get back to the way it was.

From what I been readin, after '08 the whole Jordan Retro thing is goin to die down and only release like 1 pr a month if that. They're startin toshift their focus more to the Team shoes and the Sig shoes of JB members i.e. Melo and CP3. So I would advise any of u that don't have a flight clubmembership to get one.
wink.gif

SNEAKER VILLA UPDATE

As of right now there should be a sneaker villa downtown by June. As far as east liberty im not sure

I leave to go to home in June, so hopefully then get it up before then lol.

Mr. Subliminals...so basically can we expect less shadiness and paying retail for LS J's?? Also, will there more variety/quality in their clothingselection like before they went down that slippery slope.

The Duke Blue Devils YOUR 2008 NCAA CHAMPIONS!!!
sick.gif
laugh.gif

From what my boy tells me for the most part yes the OD prices should be done. But at the same time the lease on that building is NOT cheap at all so somehowthere gonna have to compensate. So i dont know if that means sometimes the LS will be retail or other times there gonna tax an extra 20$ on them. i haven'tasked about the clothes but i def will

Back
Top Bottom