Stephen A. Smith Apologizes about Domestic Violence Views

Make up your mind please. Stephen A Smith apologized directly after the show way before ESPN made any statement, it wasn't proofread or written by a publicist. Let me guess, ESPN made him go vent on Twitter too? It wasn't his true feelings? We shouldn't take his apology as him being genuinely sorry? Let me know, you got the answers.
you act as if he couldve refused to apologize and stand by what he said... doing something you know someone is going to force you to do isnt the same as doing it on your own. And if it wasnt made into a big deal...and no social media etc... or a different network he wouldnt have done squat.

All around a bad situation, I thought people would learn after the Tony Farmer incident

I had to read all these pages to find the rape analogy and I must say, some of you either don't know how to read/comprehend or are trying to discredit the person making the comment.

I'll say most if not all us believe that you can't provoke rape. However, there are a few that given the examples mentioned, believe or use "provoke" as an excused to take. It is a ludicrous comparison but depending on who you ask, it make sense.

It makes sense because there are certain individuals that believe you can't provoke someone into hitting you. Of course some people consider he/she hit me as an excuse or he/she "provoke" me into using physical violence. However, there are people that don't consider that scenario provoke but rather assault. Thus believing that you can't provoke someone into hitting you. It's ludicrous to them.

From what I understood from the people making the comparison was .... See how stupid and ludicrous it sound when you say you can provoke someone into raping you? Well that's the same way someone provoking another into hitting sounds to me.

Funny thats not understood especially when allot of you are claiming SAS was misinterpret.

Make up your mind please. Stephen A Smith apologized directly after the show way before ESPN made any statement, it wasn't proofread or written by a publicist. Let me guess, ESPN made him go vent on Twitter too? It wasn't his true feelings? We shouldn't take his apology as him being genuinely sorry? Let me know, you got the answers.
you act as if he couldve refused to apologize and stand by what he said... doing something you know someone is going to force you to do isnt the same as doing it on your own. And if it wasnt made into a big deal...and no social media etc... or a different network he wouldnt have done squat.

So you don't have a answer?

From what I understood from the people making the comparison was .... See how stupid and ludicrous it sound when you say you can provoke someone into raping you? Well that's the same way someone provoking another into hitting sounds to me.

Funny thats not understood especially when allot of you are claiming SAS was misinterpret.

Repped :smokin

Last edited:
he apologized right after the show because the social media backlash started before the show ended.

If you think he apologized because he really wanted to apologize you're kidding yourself. Dude wanted to keep his job, point blank.
this if he was on tnt etc... especially with barkley and crew no dambs would have been given. 

Right because there's no way he could of read all the comments, realized the mistake he made, and apologize for misspeaking. Nah, ESPN forced two twitter apologies and a First Take apology out of him.

Last edited:
I didn't say ESPN forced him, maybe they didn't, but that apology definitely came from a place of "oh **** I wanna keep my job" and not "oh **** I feel bad about what I said".....Because he didn't say anything wrong :lol:

Right because there's no way he could of read all the comments, realized the mistake he made, and apologize for misspeaking. Nah, ESPN forced two twitter apologies and a First Take apology out of him.
wouldnt be the first time it happen....hell wouldnt be the first time with sas and what he said on first take. hell they fired hugh douglas from nvl for calling michael smith and jemele hill sellouts and uncle toms at a party not even on air and said he would have to apologize or get fired... so yes i believe social media backlash + a large women demographic audience = you better apologize or else.

I didn't say ESPN forced him, maybe they didn't, but that apology definitely came from a place of "oh **** I wanna keep my job" and not "oh **** I feel bad about what I said".....Because he didn't say anything wrong
laugh.gif
thats all im saying he knows espn aka disney and how they roll...and he knew good damn well he better clean up what he said cause if not espn was going to tell him to do it, and/or force him to and if not there was gonna be repercussions possibly getting pulled off the air

Last edited:
Steven A said all those things before for YEARS and has never apologized for it. Either he was forced or he suddenly had a life changing experience

I've seen SAS apologize/admit he was wrong plenty of times but still people acted way to sensitive over one word. :lol: And that's the main reason why he apologized. Without these people crying tryna make it seem like he said its ok to beat a women he wouldn't have apologized. So what he said provoke. How yall just dismiss his whole point? That's the problem with social media, people take **** and run with it. It's like one big nail salon.

I didn't say ESPN forced him, maybe they didn't, but that apology definitely came from a place of "oh **** I wanna keep my job" and not "oh **** I feel bad about what I said".....Because he didn't say anything wrong :lol:

Yes, he did.

thats all im saying he knows espn aka disney and how they roll...and he knew good damn well he better clean up what he said cause if not espn was going to tell him to do it, and/or force him to and if not there was gonna be repercussions possibly getting pulled off the air

His apology was fake?

So what he said provoke. How yall just dismiss his whole point?

Lol yall really don't know the effects of certain things

Last edited:
I've seen SAS apologize/admit he was wrong plenty of times but still people acted way to sensitive over one word.
laugh.gif
And that's the main reason why he apologized. Without these people crying tryna make it seem like he said its ok to beat a women he wouldn't have apologized. So what he said provoke. How yall just dismiss his whole point? That's the problem with social media, people take **** and run with it. It's like one big nail salon.
see thats whats wrong with social media.... folks get all high and mighty and be on some soapbox type ish.... the same thing with jonah hill and him having to apologize for his remarks. ppl know good and damn well he was talking out of anger and directed his comments to those tmz folks and in no way was trying to gay bash. but because of social media... and ppl fake outrage and trying to come across as these moral high ppl via internet he had to apologize. 

Yes, he did.
His apology was fake?
what im saying is whether it was real or not you act as if he had a choice in the matter and if he didnt do it on his own, espn aka disney wasnt gonna force him to apologize... and yes i think he did mean what he said initially and he probably does think women shouldnt have the green light to provoke, it, start mess with men on some oh well i can do it cause imma women your a man and nothing you can do about it. 

Stephen knew what he was doing, he's not an idiot. And while, what he is saying is true in the normative sense, still, he's saying it for shock value, and most importantly-straying from the point. Which is that Ray Rice physically assaulted a woman.

Last edited:
what im saying is whether it was real or not you act as if he had a choice in the matter and if he didnt do it on his own, espn aka disney wasnt gonna force him to apologize... and yes i think he did mean what he said initially and he probably does think women shouldnt have the green light to provoke, it, start mess with men on some oh well i can do it cause imma women your a man and nothing you can do about it. 

and what I'm saying is the first two apologies on Twitter that came directly after First Take was his choice, they didn't force him to do that

and what I'm saying is the first two apologies on Twitter that came directly after First Take was his choice, they didn't force him to do that
because he beat them to it...... you act as if there wasnt gonna be a call from upper mgt espn disney to tell him to edit what he said or clean it up or apologize.  whether he did it on his own or waited for the network to force make him do it the fact remains is he was gonna have to apologize or repercussions from the network would have happened period. you act as if he couldve stood by what he said and disney was gonna let it slide and nothing wouldve been told to him.

because he beat them to it...... you act as if there wasnt gonna be a call from upper mgt espn disney to tell him to edit what he said or clean it up or apologize.  whether he did it on his own or waited for the network to force make him do it the fact remains is he was gonna have to apologize or repercussions from the network would have happened period. you act as if he couldve stood by what he said and disney was gonna let it slide and nothing wouldve been told to him.
You got all the answers brah, you were right there. You know exactly what ESPN and SAS are thinking. First it was they forced him then it's he beat them to it, amen.

So cuz he said provoke it's cool to forget everything else he said cuz some people are sensitive? :lol:

Stephen A stay caping for white folks and throwing black folks under the bus. Now he in hot water and none of his white colleagues taking up for him.

Don't agree with that bruh. He's always speaking up for black coaches and athletes. His only mistake was defending Mark Cuban a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom