Stephen A Smith on Allen Iverson..

frown.gif
smh.gif
hope he can turn things around.

My favorite player of all time hands down in any sport. I hate to see him end his career like this, its pretty sickening to watch because he was such a warrior when he played and willed his team to victories despite all his controversy's.

this is pretty messed up to see dude in this position... hopefully he wakes up out of this dream and realizes that he needs to take control of his life... for his kids sake..

This is only the beginning of whats going to be a very long and hard chapter of AI's life.

We should all pray for Allen Iverson.

tired.gif

So, another athlete that blew through 200 million in contracts. Sure he only seen about 100-80 million of it. But I find it quite funny how these people have no idea how to manage their money and blow through it either while playing or just right after their retire.

"I used to just be reckless, living every day like it was my last. Now I got four people that pay attention to everything I do. It would be hard for me to discipline my kids if I can't discipline myself." -Allen Iverson

This was a while ago. I hope he gets through this.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

smh.gif
I hit up SAS earlier this morning to see if he had a podcast of this segment... 

I dont know every instance of whats goin on but from what Ive read Iverson's mom has despicably raised Allen as her "meal ticket".  He has a staff/entourage full of family members that is  bigger than MC Hammer's posse. He supports everyone who shares the same blood as him.
Anyone ever read the Iverson book?
In the book theres a described scene, where he's talkin with his personal bodyguard, and Iverson tells dude "outta all the people on my payroll, you're the only one who really knows me and we're the only two guys who has a real job" Body guard says to him, "thats f'd up man", and Iverson says "nah, %%!$#% up is what all  these people would be if I didnt have them on staff"  

alot of weight for someone to be carryin for such a long time

Which book is that Gunna?

Hope A.I. gets his life together, sad that nobody still hasn't been able to get him on track.

I remember an ESPN or Slam article that came out many many years ago...in it, Matt Geiger, I believe, said that he bought or rented AI's old house and that there were fresh %#% Timberlands all over the place , many with money still in them. I know for a fact AI would come through FTL in Hampton and demand only the crispest of Tims. Then he would buy several pair and would wear each pair once, maybe twice.

AI came from nothing and he has balled outta control for over a decade. I'm happy for him because his life might not have lasted this long had he not ended up in GTown. The money is the money...I won't cry or weep for him as I don't for other players, although he is one of my favorites lie Pip. I only hope that he doesn't let the alcoholism put him in worse trouble. Depression and money is a bad mix.

via AI's twitter:

To my fans: You all know that mylife isn’t perfect. I am going through some very tough times right now,like I am sure that we all do from time to time. However, I will standtall like always with “rhino

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by Proshares

As much as it didn't surprise me, it's still sad as hell to read.

I agree...

And who ever would've thought that loyalty would come at such a great cost???...

I wish the best for AI...

Back
Top Bottom