Stephen A. Smith Wylin

If your expectations are for a more nuanced conversation I had you’re not looking to get up or first take

I’d assume like many other shows you’re going more for those personalities being entertaining on bigger topics

But like say the NBA, if you wanna more in-depth convo go to Zach Lowe’s pod.. or if you want something specific to your team, you gotta hope you have good beat reporters

But that’s why I’m surprised SAS took it personally when Monica made a general statement on reporters in general on the subject.. hell Dominique on his pod jokes about his lack of interest in hockey and baseball and being new to WNBA, but he’s self aware enough to be able to admit that

It was voters that decided it would be cool to have someone with 0 political experience and a known racist, grifter and rapist

Yea so that's a system issue that even allows someone so unqualified to even have a shot of being voted in.

I am not saying he should be praised for anything he has done.

The only demographic that was appalled by Will slapping Chris are the same ones wanting to give Kevin Spacey leeway for pretending to be in the closet as an excuse for sexually assaulting men.

I wanna know who SAS thinks will gotta go talk to on behalf of the whole black community

And if Jerry jones spoke to them prior to this:

I wanna know who SAS thinks will gotta go talk to on behalf of the whole black community

And if Jerry jones spoke to them prior to this:

Dude indirectly supports so many companies that are corrupt/immoral…. But draws the line at Will Smith/Chris Rock :lol:

His own company (ESPN) runs the Jimmy Butler/Bad Boys commercial during segments

Dude indirectly supports so many companies that are corrupt/immoral…. But draws the line at Will Smith/Chris Rock :lol:

His own company (ESPN) runs the Jimmy Butler/Bad Boys commercial during segments

Will literally was just on Carmelo’s podcast and SAS trying be slick talking about all the white people around him

wut?...that's literally every human on the planet.

by this logic no one can criticize anything because they patronize xyz corporation.

wut?...that's literally every human on the planet.

by this logic no one can criticize anything because they patronize xyz corporation.

That’s exactly my point. He needs to move on with his life. Everyone will be judged. So what.

We all “indirectly” support companies with tarnished pasts. If Stephen A is going to be judged, he’s got to be prepared to be judged in the same way. Which I’m sure he’s already aware of.

I don’t agree putting hands on people because of words. That’s where Will went wrong.

Chris Rock should’ve “rocked him” back.

I can disagree with what Will did physically and STILL be a fan of both him and Chris Rock.

Draymond Green stole Jordan Poole and Stephen A STILL supports Draymond/NBA… what’s the difference?

He’s in Draymond’s face everyday/season but I guess because it’s “work” it justifies him giving Draymond a pass

Last edited:
That’s exactly my point. He needs to move on with his life. Everyone will be judged. So what.

We all “indirectly” support companies with tarnished pasts. If Stephen A is going to be judged, he’s got to be prepared to be judged in the same way. Which I’m sure he’s already aware of.

I don’t agree putting hands on people because of words. That’s where Will went wrong.

I can disagree with what Will did physically and STILL be a fan of both him and Chris Rock.

Draymond Green stole Jordan Poole and Stephen A STILL supports Draymond/NBA… what’s the difference?

He’s in Draymond’s face everyday/season but I guess because it’s “work” it justifies him giving Draymond a pass

While anyone who has ever played basketball knows fights can happen real easy, what draymond did was/is worse to me

Simply because them dudes was still on the same team with each other and had a whole season coming up when they still gotta practice together, play together, travel together and whatever other team activities together

Will and Chris rock might run into each other but could very easily go the rest of their lives without actually interacting with one another.. outside of dealing with the whole PR aspects of it, them dudes could legit have nothing to go with each other

Whole movies and shows have gone on without actors ever being in the same room.. kinda hard to pull that off if you’re on the same basketball team or playing against each other

yah maybe i'm not understanding your point. he's a opinion commentator his job is literally to render a judgment.

sports is just fundamentally different than the oscars.

it's totally reasonable that someone would have a totally different reaction to draymond getting in a fight in game vs will smith slapping chris rock on national tv.

now you might not agree, but the take is reasonable.

Judgement isn’t SAS job

His job is the ‘take’, it’s the entertainment of the opinion

It’s why he isn’t required to be well informed and it doesn’t really matter if he’s wrong as hell.. his only concern is the ratings/views/clicks

And he pretty much says as much here:

Back
Top Bottom