Stephen Curry’s “middle-aged dad sneakers” are being mercilessly mocked by the internet

them crazy lights are :smokin idc

those raf simmons are sposed to be ozweegos but i don't see it, shoulda just retroed the og ozweegos.

Last edited:
thats projected.

lebron sold 340 million last year, granted his shoes are not as strong this year, nike will probably get 200.

and in that article where that graph is from

“There’s no way Curry is going to outsell LeBron this year,” Matt Powell, a sportswear analyst at research firm NPD Group, tells Quartz. “That’s just not going to happen.”
The sheer size of Nike’s LeBron business remains insurmountable, Powell says. “The Curry product has done well, but there’s just not a lot of it in the marketplace right now

They just clowning them cause they UA... And it's the in thing to do. Everybody wants in on memes. I've seen the same people clown these Raf Simons response trails... Then turn around and say they're fire when they see its a $600 shoe... And their favorite celeb rock em.
These are hot in different colors.

All White shoes outside of timeless silhouettes like Vans/Forces/Prestos/Foams are usually gonna be ugly.

hqdefault.jpg

adidas-raf-simons-ozweego-2-red-00.jpg
733706.jpg

These are hot in different colors.

All White shoes outside of timeless silhouettes like Vans/Forces/Prestos/Foams are usually gonna be ugly.

hqdefault.jpg

adidas-raf-simons-ozweego-2-red-00.jpg
733706.jpg

Oh I agree. I got a few pairs. Steph's shoes just instantly reminded me of the all white pair. Which I'm not a fan of. I was just pointing out how brands play an influence. I think another color way of the Curry 2's would look better.

I've honestly never been a fan of all white shoes.

I think some people are joining in because it's cool to do but these are some of the worst shoes ever. Straight up Skechers. No denying it. Those $600 are trash too.

Curry shoe sales crack me up for a few reasons.

1. He has the cheapest shoe out of all the stars so more kids are gonna be able to buy them or get them from their parents when Kobe, LeBron and KD are all close to $200 or over it.
2. When you see a number like 220% increase, it's not surprising when they've probably sold under 100 pairs of basketball shoes a year for the last five years. Going from 100 pairs to 50,000 shoes sold is a huge jump.
3. Curry is new and fresh, kids are excited to buy his shoes no matter how ugly they are. Wait a few years when people get tired of him, hate him and UA raises the price. Joints will plummet.

A swoosh isn't saving these, they're awful but so are the highs and the 2.5s.

I think some people are joining in because it's cool to do but these are some of the worst shoes ever. Straight up Skechers. No denying it. Those $600 are trash too.

Curry shoe sales crack me up for a few reasons.

1. He has the cheapest shoe out of all the stars so more kids are gonna be able to buy them or get them from their parents when Kobe, LeBron and KD are all close to $200 or over it.
2. When you see a number like 220% increase, it's not surprising when they've probably sold under 100 pairs of basketball shoes a year for the last five years. Going from 100 pairs to 50,000 shoes sold is a huge jump.
3. Curry is new and fresh, kids are excited to buy his shoes no matter how ugly they are. Wait a few years when people get tired of him, hate him and UA raises the price. Joints will plummet.

A swoosh isn't saving these, they're awful but so are the highs and the 2.5s.
I got a sigh of relief when I seen his sales were leading everyone. For the simple fact people are getting off that "brand loyalty" ****. Buy ugly *** nikes just because their nikes. Good to see it going back to the old days when u buy the shoes because u like the player.

Ok, why the hell are those 600?
Raf Simons

High Fashion can make their prices whatever they want.

I want a pair bad but can't bring myself to pay over 200-250 for any pair of sneakers.
I can't even lie.

These make them look so much better. 
laugh.gif

You put that blue icy sole from the USA Currys on these and I would cop. Lol.

Put this CW on them 
nthat.gif

nike-kobe-8-mambacurial-6.jpg

I think aesthetics play into it though. 

The swoosh logo just flows better with how a shoe is shaped.

Back
Top Bottom