stern wants to cut player salary by one third

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

damn another lock out
word... no nba or nfl
30t6p3b.gif

I think a lock might happen is this becomes really serious. No way players will agree to this. The NBA really isn't looking too good right now. Their "golden age" certainly is gone.

I think a lock might happen is this becomes really serious. No way players will agree to this. The NBA really isn't looking too good right now. Their "golden age" certainly is gone.

Good, Boston gets 1 or 2 more cracks at a championship then the league goes to dust. Sounds good to me.

Good, Boston gets 1 or 2 more cracks at a championship then the league goes to dust. Sounds good to me.

I'm going to be watching cricket and curling next year. Gotta start reading up on wickets and how to gamble on them. smh.

I'm going to be watching cricket and curling next year. Gotta start reading up on wickets and how to gamble on them. smh.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Wonder if he is willing to do the same

Billionaires who buy sports teams as a hobby, status symbol, etc. that cry over "losing" money is laughable

Exactly.   So they are gonna lose "$340 million" (its actually just under $100 mill less than what he says).......its NOTHING to these Billionaires who own these teams. What is a $10 million loss a piece? Its pocket change

They get to write it off on taxes anyways. 

You certainly dont buy a sports team for investment purposes unless you are owning the Cowboys, Lakers or Yankees.    

I hope these owners are happy with a 1/2 season lockout.  There wont be any basketball until January 2011.

Billionaires who buy sports teams as a hobby, status symbol, etc. that cry over "losing" money is laughable

Exactly.   So they are gonna lose "$340 million" (its actually just under $100 mill less than what he says).......its NOTHING to these Billionaires who own these teams. What is a $10 million loss a piece? Its pocket change

You certainly dont buy a sports team for investment purposes unless you are owning the Cowboys, Lakers or Yankees.    

I hope these owners are happy with a 1/2 season lockout.  There wont be any basketball until January 2011.

Originally Posted by bballah3

You guys don't know a lick about money.
roll.gif

10 million loss is okay since you can write it off on your taxes?! Baaahahahaha

eyes.gif

Just because you have money doesn't mean you can afford to be careless with it. That's a lesson everyone should take to the bank.

Originally Posted by bballah3

You guys don't know a lick about money.
roll.gif

10 million loss is okay since you can write it off on your taxes?! Baaahahahaha

eyes.gif

Just because you have money doesn't mean you can afford to be careless with it. That's a lesson everyone should take to the bank.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Sounds like a fun year....hit me up for some cricket tips and who to bet on.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Sounds like a fun year....hit me up for some cricket tips and who to bet on.

If it were to happen I'd expect ticket prices and concessions to drop by that much also...then maybe some of these arenas would actually fill up and the added fans would make up the difference from the reduced prices.  Sounds good to me.  These players better start to realize that their league is rapidly going down the crapper, and I don't think they are going to get much sympathy from the fans.

If it were to happen I'd expect ticket prices and concessions to drop by that much also...then maybe some of these arenas would actually fill up and the added fans would make up the difference from the reduced prices.  Sounds good to me.  These players better start to realize that their league is rapidly going down the crapper, and I don't think they are going to get much sympathy from the fans.

I just want them to add a rule that you can cut people easier.

Someone who is legitimately injured should still receive his salary, but someone who you gave $65m too (as everyone does) and stops performing at that level should be cut and his salary waived!! It's ******ed that such a big sport still has a 'bad contract' concept.

I just want them to add a rule that you can cut people easier.

Someone who is legitimately injured should still receive his salary, but someone who you gave $65m too (as everyone does) and stops performing at that level should be cut and his salary waived!! It's ******ed that such a big sport still has a 'bad contract' concept.

Back
Top Bottom