STOLEN CELL PHONE - FELLOW NTers help me with LEGIT OPTIONS

Long story short,

Took my eye off my cell phone placed right next to me @ a bball game for 2-3 min, and ended up getting it stolen. 1 year or so away from upgrade on flawless Galaxy S3. Had insurance through Best Buy, not Sprint, so its not covered. Sprint wants to charge me 240 to expedite my upgrade which will then cost me another 2-250, roughly 500 bucks.

Do I swallow it and just do it.
Cancel line- pay termination and start over with another provider.
Try and find a refurbed cheaper option- not my preference
Open to other suggestions, just pissed at this point, so looking for any/all reasonable options.

If I have forgotten any details, I apologize, not looking for a lecture just some guidance.

Thanks in advance

Buy a cheaper phone and ride it out until your upgrade is by far the best option PP.

Last edited:
damn 
mean.gif
 like previous poster said, get a cheap phone until your upgrade date and get that insurance through the carrier!!  it's six bucks!  had my phone jacked at a bar, had a new phone two days later for nothin.

I been there before. One time I went out and bought a bb 9900 in cash around 600. Another time I activated a flip phone I had lying around and rocked with that for a few months. Either way can't go wrong

Use someone in your family's upgrade if possible, then give them your upgrade when the time rolls around.

Show up to park you was at and wait till you see someone with your phone?

that sucks next time leave ur cell phone in youre car or if you gonna decide to play ball with people that have sticky fingers, leave it at home.

Did you try the app 'plan b?' It gives you a good shot at finding it. You also might have to be about dat life...

RIP. Somehow find a way to get the $500 bills.

Sad reality. I can do the 500. I will probably go the el-cheapo route and get a p.o.s until my upgrade is available. I would do craigslist, but something about getting a phone and not knowing whats been done to it/with it or if it will break for no good reason is unappealing. Plus, have had good experience with Craigslist up until now and don't wanna ruin that.

Long story short,

Took my eye off my cell phone placed right next to me @ a bball game for 2-3 min, and ended up getting it stolen. 1 year or so away from upgrade on flawless Galaxy S3. Had insurance through Best Buy, not Sprint, so its not covered. Sprint wants to charge me 240 to expedite my upgrade which will then cost me another 2-250, roughly 500 bucks.

Do I swallow it and just do it.
Cancel line- pay termination and start over with another provider.
Try and find a refurbed cheaper option- not my preference
Open to other suggestions, just pissed at this point, so looking for any/all reasonable options.

If I have forgotten any details, I apologize, not looking for a lecture just some guidance.

Thanks in advance

Situations like these are why I love sim cards. You could've purchased a new Galaxy Nexus 4 for $300. Patrol Craigslist in case someone trys to sell your phone on there.

Last edited:
Your first mistake was not buying an iPhone. You could've used the find my iPhone app and saved yourself a lot of trouble.

I hope you've learned your lesson and do the right thing when your upgrade is up.

Last edited:
Your first mistake was not buying an iPhone. You could've used the find my iPhone app and saved yourself a lot of trouble.

I hope you've learned your lesson and do the right thing when your upgrade is up.

Business phone is an Iphone 5. Personal is the galaxy. I prefer the android based phones, but appreciate the iphone for what it is. In the end I am not completely SOL as I have the iphone still, but you get used to certain things, so its awkward not to have my usual personal # for personal email, internet, NT :tongue:, etc....

I am hardly in an awful spot, but I have learned some thing from this process and appreciate all the feedback. Thanks guys, I have some feelers out there for some 300-400 S4s but i am suspicious that there is something amiss if they are that cheap. Seems to good to be true.....:smh:

U be ard man lol I'm the opposite. Droid for work phone and iPhone 5 for personal. If u was in baltimore I could possibly find a cheap one for u

1. iPhone is the number 1 stolen phone in the world.

2. "Find my iphone" is useless if someone throws the sim card away.

I would call Sprint and ask to speak with retentions. Tell them what happened and that you want to cancel your service. They will try to do what they can to keep you from leaving. When I was with Sprint and had an issue, retentions always figured something to fix the issue. Just be polite when you talk to them lol.

Back
Top Bottom