STREET FIGHTER 4!

Originally Posted by SoldSouL4SoleS

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

Is the HRAP out of the box a bad joystick? I'm not really inclined to modding the stick....so I'm trying to figure out which is best right out of the box. So is the HRAP as is....comparable to the TE stick? ....If a choice had to be made between the SE SF4 stick and the HRAP 360 ...which is the better option. Anyone?
There is no difference between SE SF4 stick and the HRAP 360 since both use Sanwa joystick along with their own buttons(Mad Catz and Hori).
Wrong. SE FightStick isn't a Sanwa stick.

It's MadCatz's mock-up of the Sanwa model, as well as the buttons.

This is why I'm not too worried about missing out on the TE FightStick.

I had original plans on swapping out the stick, putting an ocatgonal 8-way restricter gate, and putting concave Happ buttons to give the American feel I'vegrown up on as a little kid.

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

Is the HRAP out of the box a bad joystick? I'm not really inclined to modding the stick....so I'm trying to figure out which is best right out of the box. So is the HRAP as is....comparable to the TE stick? ....If a choice had to be made between the SE SF4 stick and the HRAP 360 ...which is the better option. Anyone?
There is no difference between SE SF4 stick and the HRAP 360 since both use Sanwa joystick along with their own buttons(Mad Catz and Hori).

I had original plans on swapping out the stick, putting an ocatgonal 8-way restricter gate, and putting concave Happ buttons to give the American feel I've grown up on as a little kid.

So if you were forced with a choice between the SE SFIV and the HRAP ...which would you choose? Thanks for the responses guys.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

GameStop Update: If you preorder the game, it will be availble tomorrow. If you didn't, you have to wait till Wednesday.
is this for every gamestop? i called in to double check release date and they told me wednesday for everybody.
Word, same here... My spot said Wednesday.

And I paid in full back in November when they first started taking preorders.
It's suppose to be for every GameStop.

So if you were forced with a choice between the SE SFIV and the HRAP ...which would you choose? Thanks for the responses guys.
With the consideration of customization being possible, I'd go with the cheaper choice.

If you don't wanna open up the possibilities of customization, I honestly can't answer your question.

I personally hate 4-way [or "square"] joysticks with a passion... The SE FightStick is 4-way, and I can 95% guarantee the HRAP is 4-way [Hori sticksare almost always 4-way].

coppd a fight stick today for 25.00
pimp.gif
(traded an extra 360 controller and a couple of og xbox/ds games) haven't used it yet but it feels really good. gamestops in NYC are sellin the game early afternoon tomorrow along withthe pads and sticks. gotta pick up a pad and i'm good money.
glasses.gif

jordanhead7792 wrote:
For those that already have a standard FightStick, have you experienced similar problems?
Don't know if NCTwin experienced it too, but the SE FightSticks @ the launch party started sticking ina downward direction/position towards the end of the night.

Get customizing, folks.

So for sure you could pick up the game tomorrow? At Gamestop if it was fully paid for already? If so, I am going to have a very tough time studying.

I got hands on the game today for the Xbox 360 it was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My neighbor had got it for his Xbox 360 and he invited me to go play get a preview of what I will be copping..
I would have copped it anyways. So anyways he had all characters unlocked and I got to play anyone I wanted to play
smokin.gif

My first impressions on the game was it was cool it was nice but once I started to playI was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I played few online games.
The attack the moves and the look from every attack was amazing
pimp.gif
The newcharacters are alright..there is one dude who is a Mexican character was using a frying pan as a weapon
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
what part of the game is that
laugh.gif
but whatever and Chun-Li"s leg are
huge
devil.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
from stomach to her head was tiny compared to her huge legs
smh.gif
she still a beast though.. I got a video of me playing it. if someone could embed itplease do..

Just called my GS said they'll have it after 10am didnt mention anything about it being for preorders only

just tried out the fight stick. upon further review...........
sick.gif
. almostunresponsive and you gotta use it like them dudes that can't play. you gotta press the buttons mad hard. and fight with the joystick.
tired.gif
i can get out shoryukens and tiger uppercuts with the damn standard controllerbetter than this crap.
tired.gif
oh well takin it back and tryin out thepads.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by odiggidy

sick.gif
. almost unresponsive and you gotta use it like them dudes that can't play. you gotta press the buttons mad hard. and fight with the joystick.
tired.gif
i can get out shoryukens and tiger uppercuts with the damn standard controller better than this crap.
tired.gif
oh well takin it back and tryin out the pads.
happy.gif
Which stick did you get??

I dont understand why everyone feels the need to go out and buy an arcade stick. Just use a regular control and alter the button controls to your liking.

I thought I could live with it and just work though it but ugh, my Arcade Stick is ##@*$@ up too. The Joystick gets stuck too, in the groves, idk. I can'treally pull of shoryukens, it gets jammed a lil. I'm kinda pissed, although I have a Hori stick but it's not 8 buttons,
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Dakingii

I dont understand why everyone feels the need to go out and buy an arcade stick. Just use a regular control and alter the button controls to your liking.

I totally agree. I mean, I personally love playing Street Fighter, but I simply don't see myself dropping that much money for a controller that will beused for only ONE game.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

I totally agree. I mean, I personally love playing Street Fighter, but I simply don't see myself dropping that much money for a controller that will be used for only ONE game.

agree but I was seriously thinking that it was going to be good practice for the tournament coming up

but does anyone anticipate a long line, sneaker release-type line. I was thinking of going to see if there was line already right know. I live in Florida btw

Originally Posted by djaward

Originally Posted by odiggidy

sick.gif
. almost unresponsive and you gotta use it like them dudes that can't play. you gotta press the buttons mad hard. and fight with the joystick.
tired.gif
i can get out shoryukens and tiger uppercuts with the damn standard controller better than this crap.
tired.gif
oh well takin it back and tryin out the pads.
happy.gif
Which stick did you get??
S.E. it looks and feels great UNTIL you try and do moves. it also seems like a nano second off. I've been playin street fighter since streetfighter in 87..... i've never had problems getting moves out. hell i'm a beast on the standard microsoft joint. very disappointed.

Damn....the Mad Catz sticks are really having problems like that?

SE version or the TE version?

I was gonna pick up the YE stick tomorrow morning but if those problems are widespread i'm gonna have to get the HRAP.

I totally agree. I mean, I personally love playing Street Fighter, but I simply don't see myself dropping that much money for a controller that will be used for only ONE game.
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix?

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting?

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3?

Fatal Fury?

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 [as it gets retro'ed]?

Samurai Shodown II?

Virtua Fighter 5?

Tekken 6?

And the need for an arcade stick is just simply how we grew up...

The first time most of us ever touched a video game was an arcade cabinet of Street Fighter II, and we continued to grow accustomed to that specific layout ofa joystick and 6 face buttons if we couldn't afford a Sega Genesis with a couple of quarters that we'd rather take to the local liquor store or arcadespot around the corner.

A lot of us can't necessarily do an ultra combo consisting of a joystick movement + 3 face buttons @ the same time on a 360 controller or a PS3 controller,nor could a lot of us pull off the combos we've memorized ever since we were the age of a single-digit number.

In the end, it's our money - not any of yours. Why should it concern any of you about how we spend our own money?

In short: To each, their own.

jordanhead7792 wrote:
For those that already have a standard FightStick, have you experienced similar problems?
Don't know if NCTwin experienced it too, but the SE FightSticks @ the launch party started sticking in a downward direction/position towards the end of the night.

Get customizing, folks.

I had the same thing happen to me. I thought it was me at first...

Call your local GameStop, they may have the game IN already. I called my GameStop just before they closed (9PM PST), they have the game IN. These clownsrefused to do a midnight release because nobody at the store wanted to stay that late!!!!11 He wouldn't even tell me what time I can pick it up just"you can get it tomorrow if you reserved it".

RAAAAAAAGGGEEE
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
!

Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix?

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting?

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3?

Fatal Fury?

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 [as it gets retro'ed]?

Samurai Shodown II?

Virtua Fighter 5?

Tekken 6?

And the need for an arcade stick is just simply how we grew up...

The first time most of us ever touched a video game was an arcade cabinet of Street Fighter II, and we continued to grow accustomed to that specific layout of a joystick and 6 face buttons if we couldn't afford a Sega Genesis with a couple of quarters that we'd rather take to the local liquor store or arcade spot around the corner.

A lot of us can't necessarily do an ultra combo consisting of a joystick movement + 3 face buttons @ the same time on a 360 controller or a PS3 controller, nor could a lot of us pull off the combos we've memorized ever since we were the age of a single-digit number.

In the end, it's our money - not any of yours. Why should it concern any of you about how we spend our own money?

In short: To each, their own.

QFT! Preach Brother.

I had original plans on swapping out the stick, putting an ocatgonal 8-way restricter gate, and putting concave Happ buttons to give the American feel I've grown up on as a little kid.
word bro, the square gate on *** sticks makes it super hard to execute dragon punches consistently, half the time either a fireball or a punchcomes out.

Back
Top Bottom