Street Fighter IV question: Should I hold out for the Collectors Ed., or just open my Regular copy?

Hello All.

I could use some advice here:

I was able to snag a copy of SF4 regular edition (ps3) on release day, but I havent opened it yet, since I really want to get the Collector's Ed. Around here this was a pretty limited release (both versions) and is now, of course, sold out everywhere, with no indications that the CE will berestocked.

For those that have the CE, what are your opinions of the extra content? How's the movie? Is the mini strategy guide useful, or just a useless throwin? Any thoughts on the DLC and Ryu figure?

I'm not a serious gamer by any means, and have not kept up with the SF franchise past SuperSFII. This is more of a nostalgic purchase for me, as i wasbig into the original SFII and SFII Champion Edition in the arcades, where many quarters were fed into those machines (a lot of times using my lunch money orbus fare!)

From a cost perspective the extra $10-$20 isnt an issue for me, so i'm not looking to see if the extras are worth the extra cost.

I do want to know if i should hold out a little longer and keep my RE sealed so that i can return it if and when i get my hands on a CE, of if i should justbreak down and open my RE and enjoy the game NOW, knowing that the extras in the CE aren't that special, and that i may never even get the CE at all.

What say you, NT?

woooooooooooow
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Didn't see the 70+ page Street Fighter IV thread?

Thanks for the helpful responses so far.

Yes, I have skimmed through the SF4 thread, but unfortunately dont have time to go through all 90+ pages of "I hate Balrog!", "Here's mySN: Add me!", and "Does your thumb hurt as bad ras mine does right now?" to weed out to anything useful.

I guess i'll just ask my question in the thread and hopefully get some meaningful responses.

Thanks.

I got the 360 Collectors editions and its not that special to be honest. It comes witha movie that I still hvent watched yet, a soundtrack ( that i will notbump anywhere) and a figurine thats as big as a GI joe. The guide is cool, but is not needed. There is nothing on that guide that u cant learn in trainingmode/challenge mode or just reading the actual game manual. Hope this helps.

i'm in the same situation as the OP except for the fact that i opened my game already and started playing it (i couldn't resist)

now the question i'm asking is if the SFIV game inside the collectors edition is the same sealed game/box as the regular edition... if thats the case theni would just get a collectors edition when it comes out and take the supposedly sealed SFIV game from the collectors edition and return it to bestbuy with myreceipt.

Originally Posted by ConcordFlightXI

i'm in the same situation as the OP except for the fact that i opened my game already and started playing it (i couldn't resist)

now the question i'm asking is if the SFIV game inside the collectors edition is the same sealed game/box as the regular edition... if thats the case then i would just get a collectors edition when it comes out and take the supposedly sealed SFIV game from the collectors edition and return it to bestbuy with my receipt.
heheh, i was thinking the exact same thing...

and a REAL thanks for these additional HELPFUL responses.

i sorta feel cheated in a way as far as that CE was concerned but i was like.man this is SF4, i dont give a damn.

thought this game would never be dropping

Originally Posted by ZoomFlight15

Originally Posted by ConcordFlightXI

now the question i'm asking is if the SFIV game inside the collectors edition is the same sealed game/box as the regular edition... if thats the case then i would just get a collectors edition when it comes out and take the supposedly sealed SFIV game from the collectors edition and return it to bestbuy with my receipt.
heheh, i was thinking the exact same thing...

and a REAL thanks for these additional HELPFUL responses.

no llores
laugh.gif

^ hater but yeah i got the ce for ps3. looking back i rather of not gotten it. the movie sucks! the figure is super small! it could of been from those 25 centstoy machines. the cd pshhtt didnt even bother listening to it considering the main theme. i guess it was just the hype around the time, but the game is dope fosho! oh yeah for the question above the CE game box says CE and in the back it says NOT FOR RESALE.

Better make sure you don't suck before you buy the game. Know the basics, throws, focus attacks, cancels, combos, invincibility frames and all that.

Originally Posted by ZoomFlight15

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Didn't see the 70+ page Street Fighter IV thread?

Thanks for the helpful responses so far.

Yes, I have skimmed through the SF4 thread, but unfortunately dont have time to go through all 90+ pages of "I hate Balrog!", "Here's my SN: Add me!", and "Does your thumb hurt as bad ras mine does right now?" to weed out to anything useful.

I guess i'll just ask my question in the thread and hopefully get some meaningful responses.

Thanks.
Watch out he gonna hadouken you!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I got the Collector's Edition. I think it's worth it. You should, too.
even though that ryu figurine suck
mad.gif
if only they made itbigger and poseable
smh.gif

Originally Posted by aJ232Kb8

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I got the Collector's Edition. I think it's worth it. You should, too.
even though that ryu figurine suck
mad.gif
if only they made it bigger and poseable
smh.gif

Forreal man! I opened up my CE box and saw the figure and was like DAAAMMMNNN! This joint is small as hell!!!!
mad.gif
laugh.gif

I've been on the fence of getting the CE, but I think I'll just end up getting the regular version. Best Buy needs to hurry up with the TE stickthough.

I ended up opening my Regular Edition last night. Screw the CE.

It doesnt sound like the CE is a must have. I was looking forward to the blu ray disc the most, but from what everyone else is saying about it, i'm notmissing anything.

Thanks again! : )

Back
Top Bottom