STREET FIGHTER

Where's Mike Ross to make sense of Honda coming in at season 4. Season 4?!!!

giphy (28).gif

I'm also getting a little tired of all the naked women in SFV. I mean I like poison with the whip and all but Capcom can get more creative than fan service all the time.

Him playing Honda in 5 will literally make my day but he doesn't like 5 and he's just jaded with the FGC. A shame really.

Any Evo predictions for SFV?

You have to say Punk is the favourite but Bonchan is also on form. His Karin, Sagat and sometimes Nash covers most matchups. It's time for him to win after losing in 2014.

I expect the rest of the Japanese crew like Tokido, Fuudo, Itazan, Daigo, Fujimura, Sako, and co to be up there.

Him playing Honda in 5 will literally make my day but he doesn't like 5 and he's just jaded with the FGC. A shame really.

You have to say Punk is the favourite but Bonchan is also on form. His Karin, Sagat and sometimes Nash covers most matchups. It's time for him to win after losing in 2014.

I expect the rest of the Japanese crew like Tokido, Fuudo, Itazan, Daigo, Fujimura, Sako, and co to be up there.

I'm rooting for Punk and Problem X but like you said I'm expecting the Japanese crew and a random Rashid player as always.

I get the modern graphics, cool animations, counters, triggers and all that jazz but man just give me the original. No combos, no modern graphics, no reversals just good gritty 1v1 action.

36B74073-8958-4855-818E-A79D2F66BA32.jpeg
I def had a mean 95% damage combo back in the day...
yeah there were combos that caused the opponent to go into a dizzy state and then you would just throw or whatever.

might post a vid later but sf2t (not st)...
ken (I think this is what I did)
jump in hp, land, j.mk, air hurricane kick, *opponent is in dizzy state* jump in hp, mp, hadoken.
your lifebar is pretty much done after that.

you wanna be flashy do the above on one of those small cabinets in Walmart on someone that thinks they know what they're doing, lol. they'll probably walk away afterwards.

you can get flashier by crossing the opponent up causing them to switch sides as you do the first part of that combo or this other one I had...and continue the combo after they switch sides.

*edit*
you can get flashier by crossing the opponent up causing them to switch sides as you do the first part of that combo or this other one I had...and continue the combo after they switch sides.
just realized this sounds like doing the first part, opponent is in a dizzy state, switch sides and do the other half but that's not what I meant...

what I meant is more like jump in (with the intent on crossing the opponent up) hp or hk, land after switching sides, continue combo on other side of the opponent until opponent is in dizzy state then switch sides again and finish the combo.

play to crush not just win.

Last edited:
Yeah but there wasn’t a 30 50 70 hit combo like you have now days. The flashy animations and multiple hit combos is what we have now. Back then it was just good gritty action. It just feels different back then. Nostalgic.

I would cross up jumping hard kick, 2 crouch medium kicks and then I would go to 3 options either a scissor, head stomp, or psycho crusher. 4 to 5 hits and you were down.

Yeah but there wasn’t a 30 50 70 hit combo like you have now days. The flashy animations and multiple hit combos is what we have now. Back then it was just good gritty action. It just feels different back then. Nostalgic.

I would cross up jumping hard kick, 2 crouch medium kicks and then I would go to 3 options either a scissor, head stomp, or psycho crusher. 4 to 5 hits and you were down.
one thing I wish we could get back to is the dope music we had...
also the proportions of the characters.

and hand drawn sprites in general. sf has looked ugly after thirdstrike IMO.
i wish I could executive produce the soundtrack for the next one, lol.

one thing I wish we could get back to is the dope music we had...
also the proportions of the characters.

and hand drawn sprites in general. sf has looked ugly after thirdstrike IMO.
i wish I could executive produce the soundtrack for the next one, lol.

One thing that always bothered me was Guile’s voice change from Turbo to Super. It’s terrible in Super.

When’s Mahvel
The infinite scene is still alive but it's small.
I watched the grand finals for MVCI at combo breaker and it's still hyped.
The meta has definitely changed too with Winter Soldier being top tier and people using other stones apart from space stone.

Will definitely watch at EVO to see if Japan takes the title like last year.

I don't see anyone touching Punk

Bonchan lost in winners finals then ran it back 2 sets in grand finals, in the Karin mirror match.
Punk is still favourite but he's not looking as invincible as the start of the season.
Also, he lost to Itazan's Abigail and twice to Sako's Menat recently.

Haven't touched the game since 2016. Honda was my main in Sf4. Decisions decisions.. I hate the game and remember how bad the lag was on PC. Not sure if it's worth trading my Xbox one for a ps4 just to play Honda.

Does the switch have the power to run USF4?

Yea, it would be able to run it. Might not even need that much cutbacks at all. Capcom got Ultimate Marvel 3 on the Vita and it was a solid port.
There was also SF4 on the 3DS but that had a lot of cut backs.

Still though, I don't think Capcom missed out on porting it to the Switch. IIRC Sony paid for the PS4 port.

I have that. The backgrounds are completely stationary, but it still looks pretty good. You can do a standing flash kick with Guile via touch screen short cut controls. You can do a sonic boom, then a flash kick like 0.1 seconds later. :lol:

Yea, it would be able to run it. Might not even need that much cutbacks at all. Capcom got Ultimate Marvel 3 on the Vita and it was a solid port.

Still though, I don't think Capcom missed out on porting it to the Switch. IIRC Sony paid for the PS4 port.

That might be the reason they left it off of the SF Collection. I was mad when I found out the PS4 version has Ultra SFIV and the Switch version didn't. They probably also didn't want to program the online servers for it.

I was playing base SFIV at my company picnic today on 360. Brought back memories man.

Watching Trashbox lose to that Gief right before Top 8 broke my heart. He's such a good Birdie player but he just fell apart and played that match up terribly under pressure. BIRDIE BOYZ. SMH.

Back
Top Bottom