Subaru WRX Sti vs Evo IX? Which would you choose

Evo.

I'm a huge fan of the WRX but I just don't like the STi... not quite sure why.

I'd take a WRX over an Evo cause of the value but Evo > STi.

Evo.

I'm a huge fan of the WRX but I just don't like the STi... not quite sure why.

I'd take a WRX over an Evo cause of the value but Evo > STi.

yea maybe that too the subaru community is STRONG in Connecticut

evos are pretty rare actually

had the Evo 8 and then my friend had the WRX.   not sure about the WRX, but it's just that when you rev, it picks up slow.  maybe because of the after market that he installed. had fun with the EVO, it picks up quick.  i'm suggesting you test drive both, this will definitely help you decide

had the Evo 8 and then my friend had the WRX.   not sure about the WRX, but it's just that when you rev, it picks up slow.  maybe because of the after market that he installed. had fun with the EVO, it picks up quick.  i'm suggesting you test drive both, this will definitely help you decide

Originally Posted by DeNs415

Originally Posted by Lstylez23

Subaru WRX/STI IMO
but then again i own a wrx myself.. lol
the subaru community is a lot cooler where i stay then the evo guys

YES!

I went to a local Evo weekly meet up and never felt so unwelcome in my life. I'm an outgoing person and these cats just stuck with themselves.

I heard the Subaru folks are dope with the thumbs up when passing each other.

Been driving a WRX for 4 years, but never been into the suby or modding scene. I'd get confused everytime another WRX driver would pass and wave at me
laugh.gif

On the EVO vs. WRX/STI note, I'm not a big fanboi of cars in general. To be honest, I think it's kind of silly how much pride is involved as well as the arguing from both camps, but I guess it's different when you put $$$ into your cars (yes, my wrx is stock
eek.gif
).

Anyways, my two cents from driving my STOCK wrx for four years:
- At 50k with general maintenance (yea I haven't driven it much) it has gotten me everywhere I needed to with no problems.
- I've driven it in sketchy snow conditions and the AWD has done better than I'd expect such a small car.
-  From my experiences and hearing/seeing pictures about the EVO, I don't get why folks even try and argue about the interior, cuz they both seem like crap to me
laugh.gif

- Mileage is atrocious, but what do you expect with AWD/Turbo. On the upside it has enough of that extra power when I need it (passing cars, speeding up to merge, etc.)
- Paint quality is pretty garbage, been getting little rock/pebble chips all over the front bumper since day 1.

As much as I love my wrx tho, I'd be more than willing to try an EVO. As far as the recent models, I prefer the looks of the EVO

Originally Posted by DeNs415

Originally Posted by Lstylez23

Subaru WRX/STI IMO
but then again i own a wrx myself.. lol
the subaru community is a lot cooler where i stay then the evo guys

YES!

I went to a local Evo weekly meet up and never felt so unwelcome in my life. I'm an outgoing person and these cats just stuck with themselves.

I heard the Subaru folks are dope with the thumbs up when passing each other.

Been driving a WRX for 4 years, but never been into the suby or modding scene. I'd get confused everytime another WRX driver would pass and wave at me
laugh.gif

On the EVO vs. WRX/STI note, I'm not a big fanboi of cars in general. To be honest, I think it's kind of silly how much pride is involved as well as the arguing from both camps, but I guess it's different when you put $$$ into your cars (yes, my wrx is stock
eek.gif
).

Anyways, my two cents from driving my STOCK wrx for four years:
- At 50k with general maintenance (yea I haven't driven it much) it has gotten me everywhere I needed to with no problems.
- I've driven it in sketchy snow conditions and the AWD has done better than I'd expect such a small car.
-  From my experiences and hearing/seeing pictures about the EVO, I don't get why folks even try and argue about the interior, cuz they both seem like crap to me
laugh.gif

- Mileage is atrocious, but what do you expect with AWD/Turbo. On the upside it has enough of that extra power when I need it (passing cars, speeding up to merge, etc.)
- Paint quality is pretty garbage, been getting little rock/pebble chips all over the front bumper since day 1.

As much as I love my wrx tho, I'd be more than willing to try an EVO. As far as the recent models, I prefer the looks of the EVO

They both push the same message to me, 4 doors, 4 cylinders that are begging to be boosted more/upgraded turbos

They both push the same message to me, 4 doors, 4 cylinders that are begging to be boosted more/upgraded turbos

i love the sti but id say the evo. from what a few people have told me, they love the sheer power of the sti, but that feeling gets old after a while whereas the evo is just a fun car to drive.

i love the sti but id say the evo. from what a few people have told me, they love the sheer power of the sti, but that feeling gets old after a while whereas the evo is just a fun car to drive.

Back
Top Bottom