Summer 2011 BBQ Recipe/Set-up Thread

about a month ago it hit 90 plus here in the I.E. (riverside,ca) decided to crank up the grill. So the day before I took some chicken breast and marinated in some homemade bbq sauce (wife's family secret recipe) and some chipotle seasoning. Also some Salmon in Lemon Pepper and the BBQ/Chipotle marinade. And some burgers!!! Next day pulled out the grill and went to work. Had some mesquite wood chips that i put on the coals to get that smoke going. Took a few pics of the grill while I was going but none of the finished product because i was too busy destroying it LOL. Also wifey hooked up some corn on the cob with a garlic butter rub. Put them on the grill to!!!!!
Here's a pic of the chicken, burgers and salmon on the grill (from blackberry forgive me for the quality of the pic lol)

396759826.jpg

Just had my first beer-while-grilling session of 2011. Hoegaarden 
pimp.gif
and some sausage and peppers.

It's Memorial Day Weekend, with supposedly great weather on the way for NY. What's everyone doing/grilling?

Just had my first beer-while-grilling session of 2011. Hoegaarden 
pimp.gif
and some sausage and peppers.

It's Memorial Day Weekend, with supposedly great weather on the way for NY. What's everyone doing/grilling?

Originally Posted by GhengesK

Smelling like charcoal right about now FTW
pimp.gif
Gas grill over here, same purpose though.

It's Memorial Day Weekend, what's everyone doing/grilling?

Originally Posted by GhengesK

Smelling like charcoal right about now FTW
pimp.gif
Gas grill over here, same purpose though.

It's Memorial Day Weekend, what's everyone doing/grilling?

I do my own bbq sauces now.
slightly  chunky bbq sauce.
 in sauce pan, olive oil, crushed garlic (dont over cook it will make them bitter) ,  diced Onions and Green peppers, cut up habanero peppers (scoop the seeds if u dont want it too hot), canned diced  tomatoes, Spicey Mustard , salt & pepper and brown sugar  cook it down til it thickens put in bowl and let simmer 

have even moved on to making my own Memphis dry rubs...

do it to your taste but my dry rub for my ribs and pork shoulder are  a combination of:
 1 part Paprika,
1 part black pepper,
1 part garlic powder,
 1 part Salt
1 part red pepper flakes ( or less if u dont like heat)
and 2 parts brown Sugar.   

the brown sugar will add a coating  firm to the meat and blend the heat with sweet taste. the thing is to try different things,  for your own preference

(and for brisket I used the same except I add half  part Ground Coffee. )

yooo Crooks,
 My new marinade joint for some good steaks is butter in a bowl, add steaks, pour in a dark lager beer, a Little Garlic, salt & Pepper to taste, let it sit for up to 2 hrs, no need for more.

make sure u cook the steak on the grill for about 5 minutes on each side. depending on thickness it will  be a rare - medium rare, but keep in mind when u take the steak off, it will continue to cook in its own setting so u dont want to make it well done on the grill.

I do my own bbq sauces now.
slightly  chunky bbq sauce.
 in sauce pan, olive oil, crushed garlic (dont over cook it will make them bitter) ,  diced Onions and Green peppers, cut up habanero peppers (scoop the seeds if u dont want it too hot), canned diced  tomatoes, Spicey Mustard , salt & pepper and brown sugar  cook it down til it thickens put in bowl and let simmer 

have even moved on to making my own Memphis dry rubs...

do it to your taste but my dry rub for my ribs and pork shoulder are  a combination of:
 1 part Paprika,
1 part black pepper,
1 part garlic powder,
 1 part Salt
1 part red pepper flakes ( or less if u dont like heat)
and 2 parts brown Sugar.   

the brown sugar will add a coating  firm to the meat and blend the heat with sweet taste. the thing is to try different things,  for your own preference

(and for brisket I used the same except I add half  part Ground Coffee. )

yooo Crooks,
 My new marinade joint for some good steaks is butter in a bowl, add steaks, pour in a dark lager beer, a Little Garlic, salt & Pepper to taste, let it sit for up to 2 hrs, no need for more.

make sure u cook the steak on the grill for about 5 minutes on each side. depending on thickness it will  be a rare - medium rare, but keep in mind when u take the steak off, it will continue to cook in its own setting so u dont want to make it well done on the grill.

I need a recipe to grill some potatoes
nerd.gif

what u trying to do?

heres some chicken from cple days ago I did with the chunky  BBQ sauce
7b9353a8ff5cf17fdac78f7f690b219c67c610b_r.jpg

this was the batch before that I used my  dry rub on, I cant find pic of the finished product tho

d2e258dfe4f4cd668866cce95900ced9facf700_r.jpg

o btw I let the dry rub sit on the mear for 24 hrs.

my smoker.
84b35f43f806ffa7d71c824c67003b8801c1128_r.jpg

prepping
31c35546f624ffa6d28d844d6c561212c863946_r.jpg

Omaha steaks are theeee best 
5372540f11f58d098aa6d5c178507babe4a4ae2_r.jpg

84635da4f9ccffb2d6c688cd60eb33d4a1f64ea_r.jpg

we gettin ready for Monday

cdf2547f58fa2d6086b6126adfe2cf060f7df3b_r.jpg

also, if u can find some mesquite or some really good hickory, throw that on top of your charcoals.

I need a recipe to grill some potatoes
nerd.gif

what u trying to do?

heres some chicken from cple days ago I did with the chunky  BBQ sauce
7b9353a8ff5cf17fdac78f7f690b219c67c610b_r.jpg

this was the batch before that I used my  dry rub on, I cant find pic of the finished product tho

d2e258dfe4f4cd668866cce95900ced9facf700_r.jpg

o btw I let the dry rub sit on the mear for 24 hrs.

my smoker.
84b35f43f806ffa7d71c824c67003b8801c1128_r.jpg

prepping
31c35546f624ffa6d28d844d6c561212c863946_r.jpg

Omaha steaks are theeee best 
5372540f11f58d098aa6d5c178507babe4a4ae2_r.jpg

84635da4f9ccffb2d6c688cd60eb33d4a1f64ea_r.jpg

we gettin ready for Monday

cdf2547f58fa2d6086b6126adfe2cf060f7df3b_r.jpg

also, if u can find some mesquite or some really good hickory, throw that on top of your charcoals.

Yesterday I did some ribeyes, burgers and chicken leg quarters. Today going to do some some hotdogs and bratwurst.

Yesterday I did some ribeyes, burgers and chicken leg quarters. Today going to do some some hotdogs and bratwurst.

Back
Top Bottom