Summer 2011 BBQ Recipe/Set-up Thread

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

someone recommend me a grill

around the $100 - $300 range
http://www.google.com/products/cata...0QHE3vn7DQ&ved=0CLMBEPMCMAQ&biw=1280&***=648#

i got this grill for 40 bucks last year.  best grill i've ever used.  it's cast iron and retains heat like crazy.  also the slide out charcoal thing is nice cause you can just throw more on there in the middle of cooking if your coals are dying out.  my boy has the big joint and that's just as good, if you were looking for something bigger. 

good looking out!!

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

someone recommend me a grill

around the $100 - $300 range
http://www.google.com/products/cata...0QHE3vn7DQ&ved=0CLMBEPMCMAQ&biw=1280&***=648#

i got this grill for 40 bucks last year.  best grill i've ever used.  it's cast iron and retains heat like crazy.  also the slide out charcoal thing is nice cause you can just throw more on there in the middle of cooking if your coals are dying out.  my boy has the big joint and that's just as good, if you were looking for something bigger. 

good looking out!!

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

marinated some flank steak, chicken thighs and pork with orange juice, vinegar, lime juice and halved habanero peppers. Did this on Saturday morning so it would get a solid 24 hours and %%$! came out delicious.

On the side burner of the grill, reduced down the marinade into a syrup consistency and basted the meat (nh) while grilling.

Sliced and diced all this delcious product up and then made some soft shell tacos w/homemade guacamole, habanero & mango salsa, queso fresco and put myself in a food coma for the game.
Good Stuff.
Imma have to give this a trial run  tomorrow .

marinated some flank steak, chicken thighs and pork with orange juice, vinegar, lime juice and halved habanero peppers. Did this on Saturday morning so it would get a solid 24 hours and %%$! came out delicious.

On the side burner of the grill, reduced down the marinade into a syrup consistency and basted the meat (nh) while grilling.

Sliced and diced all this delcious product up and then made some soft shell tacos w/homemade guacamole, habanero & mango salsa, queso fresco and put myself in a food coma for the game.
Good Stuff.

Screw all the marinating I'm just gonna buy a 70$ slab of filet mignon and bless everyone with some medium rare steaks with just salt and peppper
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I will make my homemade Mango BBQ sauce today though, I could really use a smoker. 
grin.gif

Screw all the marinating I'm just gonna buy a 70$ slab of filet mignon and bless everyone with some medium rare steaks with just salt and peppper
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I will make my homemade Mango BBQ sauce today though, I could really use a smoker. 
grin.gif

I never tried marinating overnight but I did learn something that made a HUGE difference. Grill the meat at room temperature. I don't know why I never did this before. It really does makes a difference. Take it out the fridge at least 90 minutes before it goes on the grill. I find that it cooks more evenly and is even a little more tender.

I never tried marinating overnight but I did learn something that made a HUGE difference. Grill the meat at room temperature. I don't know why I never did this before. It really does makes a difference. Take it out the fridge at least 90 minutes before it goes on the grill. I find that it cooks more evenly and is even a little more tender.

I've been marinating a piece of London Broil in Peter Luger steak sauce since two hours ago.

Grilling for my parents and aunt/uncle tonight. Steaks, burgers, and shrimp.

I've been marinating a piece of London Broil in Peter Luger steak sauce since two hours ago.

Grilling for my parents and aunt/uncle tonight. Steaks, burgers, and shrimp.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Good Stuff.

Im watching the food network this morn that gaidia(sp) chick did the exact same thing, all he did was add the part about the game
roll.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Good Stuff.

Im watching the food network this morn that gaidia(sp) chick did the exact same thing, all he did was add the part about the game
roll.gif

grillling
pimp.gif
its finally that season again. i gotta get on some of this stuff i usually just throw some baby rays on everything

grillling
pimp.gif
its finally that season again. i gotta get on some of this stuff i usually just throw some baby rays on everything

Pablo, u gonna wanna boil the potatos first. but not all thje way done. kill the fire, and then let them cool. slice the potatos the long way, long slim strips, almost like fries, leave the skins on too.

mix up a bowl of olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon pepper ( if u dont have a zester for lemons or limes) some red pepper flakes.

douse the oil mixture on your potatos and throw em on the grill til they crispy and you're good...

I use Sweet potatos for this too.

roll.gif

Most recipes are basically common knowledge

I get all  my cooking techniques and recipes from my family who got it from someone who got it from somewhere else ...

Pablo, u gonna wanna boil the potatos first. but not all thje way done. kill the fire, and then let them cool. slice the potatos the long way, long slim strips, almost like fries, leave the skins on too.

mix up a bowl of olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon pepper ( if u dont have a zester for lemons or limes) some red pepper flakes.

douse the oil mixture on your potatos and throw em on the grill til they crispy and you're good...

I use Sweet potatos for this too.

roll.gif

Most recipes are basically common knowledge

I get all  my cooking techniques and recipes from my family who got it from someone who got it from somewhere else ...

Back
Top Bottom