Suns vs Magic NBATV Fan Night - Shaq is in the house he built, not impressed with D12.

Shaq vs Dwight @ Amway Arena (aka TD Waterhouse Center./ORena) - should be a good one.

THE_REAL_SHAQ: I'm at the areana I build, amyway arena n orlando, dam I'm old
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^ did you see the twitter pic he posted today from an Orlando barbershop?

roll.gif
@ the barber's expression.

xqjs3t.jpg

This is going to be a goody. Shaq been ballin and he going to be hype to show Dwight he still got it. And Dwight going to be hype to show Shaq he is it.

Dwight going to throw it on him if Shaq don't get a chance to floor him.

O'Neal, who played in Orlando from 1992-96 before bolting for the Los Angeles Lakers, recently told The Sporting News, ``I can't be impressed bysomething I invented in '92. I mean, you look at what (Howard) is doing, I've been there and done that. Every street he is driving down in Orlando, Ihave been on that street. Every night club, every restaurant, I have been there and done that. Until he wins three, four championships, then we can talk abouthim. But right now, he is just like every other big guy. You can run and jump, but you haven't won yet.''

^ Shaq trying to put howard in his place. shaq still thinks he owns the town. but for a fledgling franchise like Orlando back then, Shaq put them on the map,even made Donald Royal a known name to NBA fans. It didn't hurt either to have Penny. who knows maybe D12 will need to move out of town eventually beforehe wins a chip.

HAHA...that whole segment on nba tv interview on nba pros about "who's the real superman." shaq's answer was classic: "...it'sokay for young boys to try to be like their idols, but they could never be this good...remember that, remember that..."

Aka the real superman back in orlando ..i'll be watching this..

laugh.gif
@ the pic ..that's like the ultimate "WTH?" and stoneface pic..

Originally Posted by shaqrules

HAHA...that whole segment on nba tv interview on nba pros about "who's the real superman." shaq's answer was classic: "...it's okay for young boys to try to be like their idols, but they could never be this good...remember that, remember that..."

lol

shaq made orlando bball but he bolted out of here to LA...whatever shaq...D12 is the man here and u cant handle it...Shaq stills lives in orlando and he knowsit...He just had this lil burst of energy last couple of games, where were u before when u bolted from MIA

A little drama for tonight's game (from realGM):

CBS reporter asks Shaq if Howard is the closest thing to the next Shaq:

"No. Not at all. He's a good player. He can jump. But no," he said. "I was the type of player that they had to have secret meetings and change the rules and do all that. Probably never be another me. He's a good player, but everything he's done, I've invented. So I'm not impressed."

And the final tough words from Shaq:
"Until he wins three, four championships, then we can talk about him. But right now, he is just like every other big guy. 'You can run and jump, but you haven't won yet."'

Dwight is apparently shocked by the comments:
" I can't stop Shaq from saying anything. I just wouldn't expect that coming from him," Howard said. "But the only thing I would expect from him is that he would try to help me improve my game and that's it."

Has he?

"No," Howard said.

"Like all the other big guys (do), you know, like Hakeem (Olajuwon), Pat Ewing, Dikembe (Mutombo), Bill Russell, David Robinson . . .tried to help me improve…Taking shots at somebody else, I wouldn't do that."

Plus much more (Shaq also responds to the superman nickname of Dwight)...

http://blogs.orlandosenti...m-shaq-the-big-diss.html

some of the no calls is trash. as much as i am bias towards shaq, at least call a good game!!! then both teams will get a good feel of what they can/can'tget away with. if they let the players play like this within the first 10 or so min, i hope the refs can be able to call the whole game that way especially ifit's close at the end.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Dwight is apparently shocked by the comments:
" I can't stop Shaq from saying anything. I just wouldn't expect that coming from him," Howard said. "But the only thing I would expect from him is that he would try to help me improve my game and that's it."

Has he?

"No," Howard said.

"Like all the other big guys (do), you know, like Hakeem (Olajuwon), Pat Ewing, Dikembe (Mutombo), Bill Russell, David Robinson . . .tried to help me improve…Taking shots at somebody else, I wouldn't do that."

i always wondered how much Shaq teaches Lopez on the bench. If PHX can get even more out of of Shaq besides what you see on, they could bring in ayoung center under his wing. But I don't think Shaq is much of a teacher. They had Mourning as his backup, but I don't think he did much to improveyoung C @ Miami.

Lol, I like Shaq but I wish he would be more...hmm, maybe diplomatic to certain people? Unless someone outright attacks him a la Chris Bosh, I don't seewhy he needs to say some of the things he's said about Dwight. It just seems like he's trying not to give him his due...

shows you how bad matt barnes is. if you can't back down redick in the post and score, there is something wrong with your post game.

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

Lol, I like Shaq but I wish he would be more...hmm, maybe diplomatic to certain people? Unless someone outright attacks him a la Chris Bosh, I don't see why he needs to say some of the things he's said about Dwight. It just seems like he's trying not to give him his due...
maybe cause shaq really sees dwight as a threat to his legacy. that's the only conclusion i can come too. there will never be anothershaq...EVER!!! just like there'll be another wilt, bill, or kareem, but sometimes pride gets in the way. don't forget that wilt was the same way whenppl asked him or tried to compare another big guy to him.

Was ugly up until this point but the Shaq/D12 matchup is starting to pick up. Both dudes getting angry and trying to body the other. Dwight does a surprisinglygood job moving Shaq on the block...can't say I've even seen too many dude try to back Shaq down.

very true. it's just too bad shaq is getting tired (as shaq just hits the deck just now). seems like a good match now, but w/ shaq exiting and dwightnearing his prime, there really shouldn't be a match. shaq is playing no more than pride and heart tonight.

crap...shaq just tried to take a flop..haha.

Back
Top Bottom